Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

You're right about Jubilee's attitude. They could definitely do an opposites attract thing with Jono and Jubilee. I liked him with Paige back in the 90's, but, yeah, it got very broody.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Ugh. Well, at least he talked to Dani, I love it when my favs interact, and it doesn't happen very often. (Loved the "poker" scene.) Guess I'll check the run out from Hoopla over the weekend.

Don't worry about talking too much about your favorites. At least half the board does that.

I can't understand why Ayala isn't using him in New Mutants, given the themes of their run, so far. It looks like it would be the perfect place to look into why he isn't healed.

As for Pete Wisdom, I'm not a fan, but all that snark might be fun.
    Being new to the boards I've been a bit nervous of talking too much about him. But glad to not be alone. Danis a big fave of mine too, and one of the reasons I was looking forward to seeing Jono on the team. He needs someone as strong as Dani in his life. They were teachers together, and she knows how great Jono is with the kids too.

Which brings me to your second point. That's been bothering me. Reading the new NM issue all I could think 'where's jono? these kids need him. Poor lads had his face and chest blowup, been given a face by weapon x only for that to blow up and end up on life support, then turned into Apocalypse Jr and almost ending himself before Thrash and the NW found him, getting his perpetual horror face back from Legion and then being resurrected with the same problem he's always been depressed about. He's an expert in being in a body that isn't what he wants. Cosmars conversation with Dani would be so different if it was from Chamber. Maybe that's why he's missing as if he was still around he'd certainly notice things ain't right with the kids quickly. He's always been great with them. I loved he and Roxy in Gen x. If Dani wasn't so busy and then thrown into a new quest. I'm sure she'd get Cosmar to talk to him.

Oh I forgot to say I loved your drawing. Longer hair is a great look on him.

I'm team single. He's been through so many relationships that didn't work out (though I thought he and Jubes were cute together) and needs a break. I'd kill to just see him hanging out with Angelo again, it must have killed him to loose him, and being their snarky and cynical selves. Jono needs his friends. That panel in NM when he and Mondo were to the side when the NM were all hugging got me wishing so hard for a Gen X reunion.

Jono got rid of Jubilee's baby and gave her to Callisto to be raised in the Morlock tunnels. Thats unforgiveable and worthy of a breakup IMO. She doesnt need to be with him

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Salemdelight View Post
    Being new to the boards I've been a bit nervous of talking too much about him. But glad to not be alone. Danis a big fave of mine too, and one of the reasons I was looking forward to seeing Jono on the team. He needs someone as strong as Dani in his life. They were teachers together, and she knows how great Jono is with the kids too.

Which brings me to your second point. That's been bothering me. Reading the new NM issue all I could think 'where's jono? these kids need him. Poor lads had his face and chest blowup, been given a face by weapon x only for that to blow up and end up on life support, then turned into Apocalypse Jr and almost ending himself before Thrash and the NW found him, getting his perpetual horror face back from Legion and then being resurrected with the same problem he's always been depressed about. He's an expert in being in a body that isn't what he wants. Cosmars conversation with Dani would be so different if it was from Chamber. Maybe that's why he's missing as if he was still around he'd certainly notice things ain't right with the kids quickly. He's always been great with them. I loved he and Roxy in Gen x. If Dani wasn't so busy and then thrown into a new quest. I'm sure she'd get Cosmar to talk to him.

Forgetting how Jono and Mondo ditched them while they were in space are you? I wouldn't think Dani nor the rest would want someone like that around them for very long.

Yeah, it seems that he gets left out of some good moments. All too often when his his mutation is mentioned, writers make jokes about it. Which is really lame. It’s like making fun of a burn victim, but I guess that’s not gonna stop soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jono got rid of Jubilee's baby and gave her to Callisto to be raised in the Morlock tunnels. Thats unforgiveable and worthy of a breakup IMO. She doesnt need to be with him
    I kinda felt like that had a lot to do with Emma, not that I’m trying excusing it. It is breakup worthy. Emma was messing with everyone’s heads getting a team together and putting false memories in there too. She didn’t even care that Jono died because of her. He was going to go back. Plus, that’s Jubilee’s kid. She left him behind first with no plans on what should have happened to Shogo if she died. Although, I’m first to admit that I don’t like the Shogo character. I get that he’s a cute kid and all, but at the core of it, he makes too many people irresponsible just by being there.

That’s another reason I have a problem with this current era. I get the whole “new beginnings” thing, but some things are really pushing it.

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    Forgetting how Jono and Mondo ditched them while they were in space are you? I wouldn't think Dani nor the rest would want someone like that around them for very long.
    Uhg, I hated that so much. Like, I really just wanted Hickman to leave Gen X alone at that point. I guess he was trying to be funny, but he didn’t have to **** all over the characters like that. This was after he said he was fan and that the X-Men were in good hands. Felt like a giant middle finger.
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    No I could never forget that. I don't know what he was thinking, or Hickman was thinking, as that moment he sat out of the fight was a pretty out of character moment for Chamber. He's never been one to sit out a fight when his mates are in danger. He's always been the first to jump in. All for a Gen X are slackers joke. But I do understand why he's probably on time out. It was a **** thing to do. Though they let him tag along to Russia.

Gen X arent really a team right now; they are mentors for the youth. Maybe Jono just doesnt want to babysit and spend his time running drilling sessions for the kids? I wouldnt be so quick to say he's been put on timeout by them. He was on the team, going on missions before but thats not what they are doing anymore.

Gen X arent really a team right now; they are mentors for the youth. Maybe Jono just doesnt want to babysit and spend his time running drilling sessions for the kids? I wouldnt be so quick to say he's been put on timeout by them. He was on the team, going on missions before but thats not what they are doing anymore.
    Yeah you're right, maybe he wants to stay out of looking after the kids and take things easy. That's what I meant by time out. He probably knew he'd messed up and took his own timeout. No one knows really as we haven't been shown what he's doing since, apart from Dougs wedding party. But I just speak as a fan who loved seeing him interact with the kids in Gen X v2. I'd like to see that again.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    You're right about Jubilee's attitude. They could definitely do an opposites attract thing with Jono and Jubilee. I liked him with Paige back in the 90's, but, yeah, it got very broody.
    Yeah. they some drama - but still fun.

I'm team single. He's been through so many relationships that didn't work out (though I thought he and Jubes were cute together) and needs a break. I'd kill to just see him hanging out with Angelo again, it must have killed him to loose him, and being their snarky and cynical selves. Jono needs his friends. That panel in NM when he and Mondo were to the side when the NM were all hugging got me wishing so hard for a Gen X reunion.
    Yeah, hanging out with his friends would do lots of good. Found this fan version of a cover.

Last edited by From The Shadows; 05-04-2021 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Yeah. they some drama - but still fun.

Yeah, hanging out with his friends would do lots of good. Found this fan version of a cover.

Questioning where some of those fingers are going. LOL
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Uh... yeah... I forgot about that. How does one approach something like this, of course there is Emma's manipulations but what could a writer do to fix it? From what I remember Emma was set out to destroy her "students" in Gen X and that shovel scene later that is legendary was never gonna be anything but an act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Uh... crud I didn't notice that, lol.

*delurking*

hey fellow Jono fans, thanks for starting this thread. I had wanted to for weeks now after the app thread refresh but I'm just ridiculously busy these days, I only have time to lurk and quickly browse the first page of the X-men section a couple days a week so I can keep up with the weirdness that is the X-books currently. Honestly have no idea what they're doing with the mutants these days, I don't think I like it much.

Looks like after New Mutants Jono just dropped off the X-writers radar...too bad. I hope he shows up in Spurrier's book at some point (loved his grouchy Jono). Or with Jubilee in Excalibur.
    I do like that they've brought Synch back and are giving him a prominent role in the new X-book. Hopefully it sticks(not sure about him hooking up with X-23 though.) X-Gala looks like fun, do you think Jono will show up in that? I have a feeling if he did go he'd be that one guy not dressed up and just wearing what he always wears, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    *delurking*

hey fellow Jono fans, thanks for starting this thread. I had wanted to for weeks now after the app thread refresh but I'm just ridiculously busy these days, I only have time to lurk and quickly browse the first page of the X-men section a couple days a week so I can keep up with the weirdness that is the X-books currently. Honestly have no idea what they're doing with the mutants these days, I don't think I like it much.

Looks like after New Mutants Jono just dropped off the X-writers radar...too bad. I hope he shows up in Spurrier's book at some point (loved his grouchy Jono). Or with Jubilee in Excalibur.
    I do like that they've brought Synch back and are giving him a prominent role in the new X-book. Hopefully it sticks(not sure about him hooking up with X-23 though.) X-Gala looks like fun, do you think Jono will show up in that? I have a feeling if he did go he'd be that one guy not dressed up and just wearing what he always wears, lol.
    I was waiting for you, Jawbreaker! Dx You let us all down! Look at the work Arachne had to go through!

Lol Nah, just kidding, we understand. I’m the same way except I usually don’t make threads.

I pretty much jumped ship on the X-Men front. Maybe if Jono shows up in another book, I’ll pick it up. I would LOVE for Spurrier to pick up Jono! I would be so haaaaaaaaaappy! I don’t think I’d even care what he was writing about! I would snatch that up so hard.

Considering everyone else’s outfits, I have a feeling that if he shows up it’ll be something oriented around his powers. But considering that no one in the X-Office seems to know what those are anymore, his outfit will be fire themed. Just my guess.
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    XD If I remember correctly, that’s where the artist intended them to be going.
    Last edited by Rufio; 05-05-2021 at 10:13 AM.