Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    that 2nd fan art is so 90s with all those bands, lol. Makes me feel old.
    lol I feel you. I remember when I saw someone tag something from the 90s as “vintage”. But, yes, you gotta love it.
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

I switch over to the classic rock station nowadays while I'm driving and its all 90s era grunge and alterna-rock. Yikes! I still remember when classic rock was hippy "freedom" rock and 60's, 70's stuff. Makes me sad.

as for Jono's look I'm not gonna lie I know he wouldn't be happy but I would hate it if they permanently fixed his face, I think the psi flame face is what makes him "Chamber" and stand out from being yet another energy caster. I agree he was way OOC under Hickmen's pen, his New Mutants appearance was mostly a waste, its only saving grace as a Chamber fan for me was Reis's art which was niiice.

BTW, while I don't really want 616 Jono looking like his AOA version I wouldn't mind seeing that version again somehow, he was fun. Maybe in a new Exiles book?

I switch over to the classic rock station nowadays while I'm driving and its all 90s era grunge and alterna-rock. Yikes! I still remember when classic rock was hippy "freedom" rock and 60's, 70's stuff. Makes me sad.

as for Jono's look I'm not gonna lie I know he wouldn't be happy but I would hate it if they permanently fixed his face, I think the psi flame face is what makes him "Chamber" and stand out from being yet another energy caster. I agree he was way OOC under Hickmen's pen, his New Mutants appearance was mostly a waste, its only saving grace as a Chamber fan for me was Reis's art which was niiice.

BTW, while I don't really want 616 Jono looking like his AOA version I wouldn't mind seeing that version again somehow, he was fun. Maybe in a new Exiles book?
    lol XD YESSS! It’s so true! *Cries in the corner*

I agree with everything you said about Jono. There’s so many eagerly casters, but only one like Chamber! I really liked Reis’ art too! Now if on,y we could get him to draw Jono, but in proper clothes.

He really was wasted under Hickman’s pen. I don’t think Hickman does that kind of humor too well. :/

I think the exiles thing would be cool, but I also won’t want him to stick around for too long. I was main Jono to make more appearances.
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Healer should have fixed Chamber by now and Forge should have developed a harness by now so we could get….

Attachment 114094
    Agree.

Hell, it just dawned on me, how does his turtleneck stop his powers?
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

JawbreakerThanks go to Rufio for posting up the Unlimited scans as normally I get shy posting ;D It's just sad we love one character that gets ignored so much. There really there have been so many times recently I thought Jono would be perfect for a story. Like in New Mutants with Cosmar hating how she looks. Or dealing with his dead friends being alive. Or still having his disfigurement and dealing with it. Or could have been in Excalibur with his family ties to Apocalypse. But instead of seeing heartfelt or exciting moments we get writers using him as comedy or forgetting him completely. Boo!

That art is lovely thank you for sharing it. So with you guys on feeling old seeing those bands. I feel like a I'm a teen in the 90s most days and I still listen to punk rock and new wave. But hearing Nirvana playing in a supermarket was my 'oh no we're seen as old now' moment.

I think for getting his face like AOA Chamber, as long as he doesn't get his very generic could be anyone face he had in Weapon X I'll be happy to see him happy, even for a short while. There was one AU x-men book I can't remember the title of set when he was older (and weirdly ginger) that had him able to form his body better. One moment he was Mr Explody face the next he had a normal face. That could be fun to explore, having him have times when he can control it. But not all the time.

I type too much

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Agree.

Hell, it just dawned on me, how does his turtleneck stop his powers?
    Ohh I've always wondered how he didn't burn through his clothes. Some writers have his powers running hot. IMG_20210929_120033.jpgBut I'm with this panel in that he actually runs cold till he uses his powers. Makes a bit more sense in how he's not burned himself out yet or others who got close to him.

Man, I really wish Gage would have been able to finish his run. Don’t get me wrong, I really liked Spurrier’s run (it’s one of my favorite portrayals of Chamber) but I was kinda looking forward to what Gage had to offer.

Edit: Would like to add, that I love that detail. Plus it helps explain why he can run around in a leather jacket all year long.

Quote Originally Posted by Salemdelight View Post
    JawbreakerThanks go to Rufio for posting up the Unlimited scans as normally I get shy posting ;D It's just sad we love one character that gets ignored so much. There really there have been so many times recently I thought Jono would be perfect for a story. Like in New Mutants with Cosmar hating how she looks. Or dealing with his dead friends being alive. Or still having his disfigurement and dealing with it. Or could have been in Excalibur with his family ties to Apocalypse. But instead of seeing heartfelt or exciting moments we get writers using him as comedy or forgetting him completely. Boo!

That art is lovely thank you for sharing it. So with you guys on feeling old seeing those bands. I feel like a I'm a teen in the 90s most days and I still listen to punk rock and new wave. But hearing Nirvana playing in a supermarket was my 'oh no we're seen as old now' moment.

I think for getting his face like AOA Chamber, as long as he doesn't get his very generic could be anyone face he had in Weapon X I'll be happy to see him happy, even for a short while. There was one AU x-men book I can't remember the title of set when he was older (and weirdly ginger) that had him able to form his body better. One moment he was Mr Explody face the next he had a normal face. That could be fun to explore, having him have times when he can control it. But not all the time.

I type too much
    Right?! SO MANY missed opportunities. Especially with other mutants dealing with their mutations. AND YEAH! Apocalypse! Jono went around looking like a mini him for awhile! C’mon, Marvel!

You can never type too much in the Chamber thread.
    Last edited by Rufio; 09-29-2021 at 09:49 AM.

oops how'd I get that mixed up? yes thanks Rufio!

also don't get me started on the Kosmar thing, Jono was right there in her introductory issue, caught up by her powers, but nooo lets just forget about that and that he ever taught a whole class on the very subject she's now dealing with.

and Apocalypse/Excalibur is another thing...actually i stopped caring about the Apocalypse stuff a long time ago, got sick of waiting for any follow up in that, and frankly its something I was never too crazy about anyway, but he really should be in that book. You know, the book with his current girlfriend... in England. Im sure he's somewhat familiar with the place.

oops how'd I get that mixed up? yes thanks Rufio!

also don't get me started on the Kosmar thing, Jono was right there in her introductory issue, caught up by her powers, but nooo lets just forget about that and that he ever taught a whole class on the very subject she's now dealing with.

and Apocalypse/Excalibur is another thing...actually i stopped caring about the Apocalypse stuff a long time ago, got sick of waiting for any follow up in that, and frankly its something I was never too crazy about anyway, but he really should be in that book. You know, the book with his current girlfriend... in England. Im sure he's somewhat familiar with the place.
    Hee I so get you. It's frustrating as hell as there's even Anole who was in his class acting like he doesn't know who to go to. Roxy would tell him to stop complaining and go talk to Jono.

Same here. It's like they had this plan and just never bothered with it. I think it would be funny just to see Jono chew out Apocalypse, because we all know he'd tell him what he really thinks of him. Thanks for the tattoo, mate He'd be great in Excalibur and not at all happy he cant go home right now like Pete. He even has ties to the Otherworld in he saved a bunch of fae folk in Cassidy Keep with his powers. He'd really have a fairy fan club over there. Also, maybe shows his powers like Shogo works better over there. Like him and Synch instantly synching to one another and a Fae magic machine running on pure psionic energy. And, aye I'd love to see resolution with Jubes and Jono. I'm one of my few friends who thinks they're great together. They're really close and have been through so much together, they get each other. Friends or a couple I like seeing them. So not knowing what's happened is frustrating. I've seen people say they've split because of how he treated Shogo. Yes he was very OOC and mean calling him a runt. Though I feel he was grieving heavily and just lashing out all over the place. But, really he saved him. If he was with anyone else but Jono he would have died when the mansion blew. And he wasn't to know another Morlock massacre was on the horizon.

19458-1.jpg

This should be Chamber from now on. Kinda silly he's not fixed yet.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

@Jawbreaker: It’s cool.

@Everyone: I know! Jono has SO many ties and he can be involved in so many things. But I kinda worry about how he would be written. :/ I still get a little put out when he’s not involved in any Weapon X stories. The dude went undercover and investigated mutant death camps!

It often happens when a writer doesn’t want to write a person, but HAS to that the character’s written pretty poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
    @Jawbreaker: It’s cool.

@Everyone: I know! Jono has SO many ties and he can be involved in so many things. But I kinda worry about how he would be written. :/ I still get a little put out when he’s not involved in any Weapon X stories. The dude went undercover and investigated mutant death camps!

It often happens when a writer doesn’t want to write a person, but HAS to that the character’s written pretty poorly.
    He does seem to have gotten around for a not so loved character. He was so good at being undercover. Seems to be his thing like in his icons mini. He's got the brains, and fighting skills he picked up from Thrash 2.0 in New Warriors. Plus he impressed Wolverine and that's rare.

I wish we could get a writer who really likes him. But seems the writers who are doing the books right now have their faves and other characters suffer. I'm thinking of Marauders and Excalibur.

Hee I so get you. It's frustrating as hell as there's even Anole who was in his class acting like he doesn't know who to go to. Roxy would tell him to stop complaining and go talk to Jono.

Same here. It's like they had this plan and just never bothered with it. I think it would be funny just to see Jono chew out Apocalypse, because we all know he'd tell him what he really thinks of him. Thanks for the tattoo, mate He'd be great in Excalibur and not at all happy he cant go home right now like Pete. He even has ties to the Otherworld in he saved a bunch of fae folk in Cassidy Keep with his powers. He'd really have a fairy fan club over there. Also, maybe shows his powers like Shogo works better over there. Like him and Synch instantly synching to one another and a Fae magic machine running on pure psionic energy. And, aye I'd love to see resolution with Jubes and Jono. I'm one of my few friends who thinks they're great together. They're really close and have been through so much together, they get each other. Friends or a couple I like seeing them. So not knowing what's happened is frustrating. I've seen people say they've split because of how he treated Shogo. Yes he was very OOC and mean calling him a runt. Though I feel he was grieving heavily and just lashing out all over the place. But, really he saved him. If he was with anyone else but Jono he would have died when the mansion blew. And he wasn't to know another Morlock massacre was on the horizon.
    Boo! We missed Jono fairy fan club! Darn you, Howard! T_T
    But yeah! SUPER frustrating! It has been shown that he actually cares for these kids. It would be so nice to have something to acknowledge some of the things Jono has actually done. lol That would be SO funny it Roxy did that. XD

Jono does have a “mouth” on him, I could see him being all NYAAA at Apocalypse. And then Apocalypse would be like, “Who’s this?” XD

Wasn’t that Massacre a lie? I thought Emma tricked the Morlocks into thinking a lot of their friends died. Plus she was also manipulating the x-men into getting together. Honestly she could have just left the Morlocks alone after they switched places. AND after she her actions got Jono killed, she didn’t even care. That’s one of the MANY reasons why this whole forgive and forget era of Krakoa feels like such bull to me. So I saw it that he left Shogo in Calisto’s care because he was being mentally messed with at the time, but he also said that Shogo was really good with her. She wasn’t a stranger at that point. Also, I still stand that Jubilee is a terrible mother. She takes her kid into dangerous situations and she is obviously more than willing to continue playing hero. Shogo never would have been in that situation most likely if she, you know, stayed at the school to take care of him.

Speaking of the school, that whole Jubilee being mad at Jono over Shogo argument doesn’t have much ground to stand on when the school was literally raided and children were being actually killed after the X-men “died”. Other than Jono, I don‘t know who was actually there to help those kids. It seems like he kinda had no choice but to take everyone down there in the first place. And they still had to deal with people coming in and attacking them.

Of course, I do want to mention that I’m one of those people who did not like Strain’s run. I like that Jono and Jubilee got together, but that’s basically it. I like their relationship enough that I can take them as friends or boyfriend and girlfriend. But I felt he was pretty OOC during that run too. And speaking of OOC, he’s been that especially so since coming back.

He does seem to have gotten around for a not so loved character. He was so good at being undercover. Seems to be his thing like in his icons mini. He's got the brains, and fighting skills he picked up from Thrash 2.0 in New Warriors. Plus he impressed Wolverine and that's rare.

I wish we could get a writer who really likes him. But seems the writers who are doing the books right now have their faves and other characters suffer. I'm thinking of Marauders and Excalibur.
    Riiiiight? Man, I’m just waiting. Sitting here hoping for a well written opportunity to come his way. (Spurrier… come baaaaack!)

Oh yeah? I haven’t been keeping up with those. I pretty much dropped all the x-men books since I don’t find them interesting. I still need to give a couple a try. That’s a shame though.

Is Wolverine: Black, White & Blood canon… because Chamber is tending bar in the 2nd story in issue 3.

lol I didn't know about this. its a short story so who knows. The artist is Bachalo so that's probably why he's in it, he probably just felt like adding him somewhere since he never gets to draw him.

they really screwed Jubes over by giving her a kid. Shogo is cute but I don't see much more they could do with him or Jubilee other than have her retire the X-men and that's not gonna happen. I really think its time he gets limbo-ed. They probably haven't done it yet b/c they don't want to kill off a baby or make Jubes look like a bad mother by having him suddenly disappearing or constantly leaving him off with someone else while she does X-men stuff. For a time I thought one of the reasons Chamber was brought back was so he could be Shogo's off screen babysitter whenever they needed Jubes to be baby-free for a story. I dont really know about his backstory since Im not familiar with the X-men issues he was introduced in but why don't they have some long lost human relative claim him and Jubilee gives him up b/c she realizes he'd be safer with a human family? BTW is he still a fricken dragon?

I loved Strain's run, it was comfy in the way that the Faerber run of old Gen X was comfy...but i can see why it wasn't for everyone. I guess I was just happy to see more than two Gen-Xers interact for more than one panel for once.