Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    its the full page were I think the kids are eating breakfast and he's standing in the doorway looking like a bandaged zombie. I tried to look for a scan of it online but no luck. I need to check through my old files to see if i have it somewhere.

I think they got rid of that look when they decided to give Apoc a young clone (Evan.) Its annoying how they left Jono out of every Apocalypse related storyline since he got re-powered and revealed to be a descendant of his. Whatever...it was probably for the best.
    I found it!

RCO011_1465471013.jpg

I just re-read it and it's no wonder Jubilee is freaked out with Jono looking like goth death. Great issue in making you see just how freaky Jono can appear.

They even gave Evan Jono's middle name. I really hope one writer remembers Jono is an apoc relative and does something. I always hoped he and Evan would meet when he was teaching.

AH thank you! it was taking me forever fining this in the mess of files Ive got on my laptop! And I guess its been a while since Ive seen this, I was wrong it wasn't a splash it was just a larger panel.
    I also thought too that there was gonna be some connection to Jono when they gave clone Apoc his name. It could have just been coincidence. Or think they just did it to mess with the Chamber fans.

Whats the range of Jono's TP? I feel like he's only been shown using it within close proximity. Maybe within the same building at best. Anything beyond that?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Whats the range of Jono's TP? I feel like he's only been shown using it within close proximity. Maybe within the same building at best. Anything beyond that?
    In Uncanny X-Men #407 he managed to contact Stacy X who was in Paris from Bavaria, Germany. I think that's the furthest he's projected. He's used it a few other times, but not over such a big distance. Like scanning to find Jubes and Roxy in the underground in Gen X.

@Salemdelight: Same. Although, I also think it's just gonna be more of the same.
    lol Yes! Those gosh darn mystery boxes!! I feel like he would have gotten to them if he didn't leave. Which is one of the reasons I personally don't like little plot lines being left all over the place. Just tell the story, bro.

It was a joke, I really don't think humor is Hickman's forte. :/ This is true, I think it also would have made a wee bit more sense with Skin as opposed to Mondo, but Hickman needed Mondo.
    I hated that he just sat out the fight! That is SO not Jono.

I think Brisson is a lazy writer. :P But aside from like two things since Gen X, I don't think ANYONE has acknowledge their relationship. Didn't that run end in 2018? That's a lot of nothing.

Vita wants to write a New Mutants book featuring their OCs. Vita wants to create a whole bunch of new characters that will get spotlight under their pen and then end up as wallpaper. This kinda cheesed me of too, because as was mentioned before some of these kids were even in Jono's class. NOBODY does research!

They should have released that resurrections book. Each issue could have been a different story and we would have actually got to see some good reunions. Such a big waste. I would love more Gen X in the reboot, but I can just see the random cameo in the background. :/ Probably from Bachalo. lol

I hope you feel better soon.

Keep those scans coming, people. I appreciate them.

@Salemdelight You beat me to it! lol

I think writers tend to forget what Jono is capable of.
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

Quote Originally Posted by Salemdelight View Post
    I found it!

I just re-read it and it's no wonder Jubilee is freaked out with Jono looking like goth death. Great issue in making you see just how freaky Jono can appear.

They even gave Evan Jono's middle name. I really hope one writer remembers Jono is an apoc relative and does something. I always hoped he and Evan would meet when he was teaching.
    lol Yeah, everyone was like, "Jono, you okay there, buddy?"
    And he was like, "I'm right as rain. @_o"

That whole thing with Evan not meeting Jonothon EVAN Starsmore was a travesty!
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;

I think they got rid of that look when they decided to give Apoc a young clone (Evan.) Its annoying how they left Jono out of every Apocalypse related storyline since he got re-powered and revealed to be a descendant of his. Whatever...it was probably for the best.
    Yeah, the Clan Akkaba gets ignored any time they're not bad guys. :/

Oh right... Blink needs to have a chat with Apoccy. 'cause Blink is also a descendant.
    Last edited by marhawkman; 11-05-2021 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MAR420X View Post

not sure if this has been posted.. future new mutants art
    From the upcoming teases thread.

Also, PLEASE Marvel, for all that is good and decent PLEASE PLEASE do not give us any romance plots with these characters. Either together or separate. Please just leave it alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
    From the upcoming teases thread.

Also, PLEASE Marvel, for all that is good and decent PLEASE PLEASE do not give us any romance plots with these characters. Either together or separate. Please just leave it alone.
    Oh yes! Exciting news. They both look great. Jono's got magnificent eyebrows here. I wonder who the artist is, and what book?

Can't agree more. Let them have a non romantic friendship (together or others). I feel they didn't work out and they're better as friends now.

Also, why has Jono got a bird skull on his jacket? His inner goth side showing?

Oh yes! Exciting news. They both look great. Jono's got magnificent eyebrows here. I wonder who the artist is, and what book?

Can't agree more. Let them have a non romantic friendship (together or others). I feel they didn't work out and they're better as friends now.

Heh, My grandma's take on romance was that you should start by being friends. Her take (as someone who died married for 50+years) was that you should get to know the person as friends first.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Heh, My grandma's take on romance was that you should start by being friends. Her take (as someone who died married for 50+years) was that you should get to know the person as friends first.
    Oh yes, very true. The best relationships start as great friendships. Kind of reminds me of Jono and Jubes relationship. I just hope for Paige and Jono that they get to be friends, as in Gen X they didn't quite get one another. And it got messy. But, I blame that on them being young and in Jono's case angsty, very very angsty

I know, check out those lashes too. Lol

Future New Mutants. Wonder about the artist… wonder about the writer.

RIGHT?! I JUST WANT SOME GOOD FRIENDSHIPS! Also would be nice if someone out there actually acknowledged that Jono and Jubilee date(d). Someone other than Strain!

Yesssss! Bring back Jono’s goth side!

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    That is so wholesome and I totally agree. You should be able to look at your SO as friend.

NiCE! uh are we even sure that's Paige though? Also why does she look like she's smoking a joint?

NiCE! uh are we even sure that's Paige though? Also why does she look like she's smoking a joint?
    I saw that too… not sure it’s Paige… and I honestly have no idea who she could be. O.o

Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
    I know, check out those lashes too. Lol

Future New Mutants. Wonder about the artist… wonder about the writer.

RIGHT?! I JUST WANT SOME GOOD FRIENDSHIPS! Also would be nice if someone out there actually acknowledged that Jono and Jubilee date(d). Someone other than Strain!

Yesssss! Bring back Jono’s goth side!
    I tried Google images but couldn't find the artist sadly. I wonder if it's New Mutants or a continuation of the X-men unlimited story. It's all a mystery and I want to know now

And yes! seriously what is going on with Jubes and Jono? Inquiring minds want to know what happened after Jono was killed. And I'd love to see him be all gothed and punked up again. I miss his darker look.

I think it is Paige. They both look like they're wearing winter jackets, so it could be her breath. Mama Guthrie would have her hide otherwise.