Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 134
  1. #91
    Fantastic Member Rufio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    lol I didn't know about this. its a short story so who knows. The artist is Bachalo so that's probably why he's in it, he probably just felt like adding him somewhere since he never gets to draw him.


    they really screwed Jubes over by giving her a kid. Shogo is cute but I don't see much more they could do with him or Jubilee other than have her retire the X-men and that's not gonna happen. I really think its time he gets limbo-ed. They probably haven't done it yet b/c they don't want to kill off a baby or make Jubes look like a bad mother by having him suddenly disappearing or constantly leaving him off with someone else while she does X-men stuff. For a time I thought one of the reasons Chamber was brought back was so he could be Shogo's off screen babysitter whenever they needed Jubes to be baby-free for a story. I dont really know about his backstory since Im not familiar with the X-men issues he was introduced in but why don't they have some long lost human relative claim him and Jubilee gives him up b/c she realizes he'd be safer with a human family? BTW is he still a fricken dragon?

    I loved Strain's run, it was comfy in the way that the Faerber run of old Gen X was comfy...but i can see why it wasn't for everyone. I guess I was just happy to see more than two Gen-Xers interact for more than one panel for once.
    lol I kinda though it was Bachalo sneaking him in there. Not the first time he’s don’t that with Jono. Very funny, got a huge kick out of it.

    Really. I also think some random relative of the kid should pop up. Jubilee’s character is all about Shogo. She takes him to galas and on her missions. Like, she cannot exists without the kid anymore. I’m best friends with people with children. They can get someone else to watch their kids when they want to go out or when they want to go places where there kids probably shouldn’t be. We’re talking little children too. Jubilee has a TON of babysitters at her disposal. I… have no idea if he is still a dragon.

    On the note of Jono being brought back to be a babysitter, while I could see that under Strain’s run… I’m not sure it fits elsewhere. I don’t think a lot from her run does, tbh. But it is nice to know there are writers out there who do like Generation X.
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

  2. #92
    Amazing Member Salemdelight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
    lol I kinda though it was Bachalo sneaking him in there. Not the first time he’s don’t that with Jono. Very funny, got a huge kick out of it.

    Really. I also think some random relative of the kid should pop up. Jubilee’s character is all about Shogo. She takes him to galas and on her missions. Like, she cannot exists without the kid anymore. I’m best friends with people with children. They can get someone else to watch their kids when they want to go out or when they want to go places where there kids probably shouldn’t be. We’re talking little children too. Jubilee has a TON of babysitters at her disposal. I… have no idea if he is still a dragon.

    On the note of Jono being brought back to be a babysitter, while I could see that under Strain’s run… I’m not sure it fits elsewhere. I don’t think a lot from her run does, tbh. But it is nice to know there are writers out there who do like Generation X.
    He snuck him into Doctor Strange too (as well as Monet and Jubes.) Honestly Marvel just need to let him do a Gen X story, he loves them so much.
    RCO027_1497233937.jpg

    I think we may get an answer to what will happen to Shogo in the future in Excalibur. In the newest issue a Fae was saying that Shogo loves being a Dragon and that he was aging in our world. Jubilee was seriously thinking of leaving him there as he's happy, but not yet. So maybe at the end of the year he may stay in the Otherworld.

  3. #93
    Fantastic Member Rufio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Salemdelight View Post
    He snuck him into Doctor Strange too (as well as Monet and Jubes.) Honestly Marvel just need to let him do a Gen X story, he loves them so much.

    I think we may get an answer to what will happen to Shogo in the future in Excalibur. In the newest issue a Fae was saying that Shogo loves being a Dragon and that he was aging in our world. Jubilee was seriously thinking of leaving him there as he's happy, but not yet. So maybe at the end of the year he may stay in the Otherworld.
    I was thinking of that one. XD Honestly, they should. They’d be in good hands, artwise. He just needs a good writer to work with.

    Oh, that’s kinda interesting… so he’ll never grow up? :/ That’s kinda an interesting way to remove a child from the story… but he’s a baby still… that kinda sounds like abandonment.
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

  4. #94
    Amazing Member Salemdelight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
    I was thinking of that one. XD Honestly, they should. They’d be in good hands, artwise. He just needs a good writer to work with.

    Oh, that’s kinda interesting… so he’ll never grow up? :/ That’s kinda an interesting way to remove a child from the story… but he’s a baby still… that kinda sounds like abandonment.
    Aye, find him someone who cares about the characters, and a kooky story where he can do his best art (his Doctor Strange art was amazing because he could do some creative things with it. ). I felt so sad for him when he'd ask Bendis to use Chamber but was refused. It's like a lot of people want to use Chamber but get told no

    Exactly! On one hand Shogo kinda drags Jubilee down, she's just become 'mum' and nothing else lately. Because writers don't seem to be able to write parents well. But, on the other it does feel like embandament. And to leave him with a fae she doesn't know and as a dragon is a bit dangerous. He's already been shot at. And to never grow from being a baby kind of sucks. He's too young to know what he's doing. I think he'd be better in the human/mutant world with a family she can trust. A lot of mutants she knows have caring families, and I'm sure they'd keep him out of danger. But, guess we'll have to see what Excalibur does with them.

  5. #95
    Fantastic Member Rufio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Salemdelight View Post
    Aye, find him someone who cares about the characters, and a kooky story where he can do his best art (his Doctor Strange art was amazing because he could do some creative things with it. ). I felt so sad for him when he'd ask Bendis to use Chamber but was refused. It's like a lot of people want to use Chamber but get told no

    Exactly! On one hand Shogo kinda drags Jubilee down, she's just become 'mum' and nothing else lately. Because writers don't seem to be able to write parents well. But, on the other it does feel like embandament. And to leave him with a fae she doesn't know and as a dragon is a bit dangerous. He's already been shot at. And to never grow from being a baby kind of sucks. He's too young to know what he's doing. I think he'd be better in the human/mutant world with a family she can trust. A lot of mutants she knows have caring families, and I'm sure they'd keep him out of danger. But, guess we'll have to see what Excalibur does with them.
    I know! I love it when artist are free to do cool things. Aw, that’s so sad. Booo! This is why nobody likes you, Bendis.

    It’s all about the faves or characters that the writer feels more comfortable with. That’s kinda why I liked Gage. He didn’t know about Chamber, but he asked fans for essential stories to learn about the character.


    Yeah! Exactly! Like dude… Shogo also makes Jubilee look super irresponsible.
    Yeah, we’ll see. Hopefully it’s something good. I like Jubilee, so I don’t want her to go through something that will go against her character. I feel like Generation X always gets the short end of the stick.
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

  6. #96
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
    Yeah! Exactly! Like dude… Shogo also makes Jubilee look super irresponsible.
    Yeah, we’ll see. Hopefully it’s something good. I like Jubilee, so I don’t want her to go through something that will go against her character. I feel like Generation X always gets the short end of the stick.
    If they could just write her well, that would be great. Because Shogo isn't really the problem. The problem is, barring some isolated runs, Jubilee hasn't been written that well since Generation X vol. 1 ended.

  7. #97
    Mighty Member jawbreaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Salemdelight View Post
    He snuck him into Doctor Strange too (as well as Monet and Jubes.) Honestly Marvel just need to let him do a Gen X story, he loves them so much.
    RCO027_1497233937.jpg

    I think we may get an answer to what will happen to Shogo in the future in Excalibur. In the newest issue a Fae was saying that Shogo loves being a Dragon and that he was aging in our world. Jubilee was seriously thinking of leaving him there as he's happy, but not yet. So maybe at the end of the year he may stay in the Otherworld.
    oh neat! is there a bigger version of this anywhere? what Dr Strange issue is it from?

  8. #98
    Fantastic Member Rufio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    If they could just write her well, that would be great. Because Shogo isn't really the problem. The problem is, barring some isolated runs, Jubilee hasn't been written that well since Generation X vol. 1 ended.
    Tbh, I think that can be said for every Generation X student. :/ Lots of bad character moments if they appear at all, or they’re out of character and (especially in Jono’s case) their powers are written incorrectly.

    Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    oh neat! is there a bigger version of this anywhere? what Dr Strange issue is it from?
    That would be Doctor Strange Volume 4 #20. I thought it was pretty cool too.

    Here you go:
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

  9. #99
    Amazing Member Salemdelight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
    Tbh, I think that can be said for every Generation X student. :/ Lots of bad character moments if they appear at all, or they’re out of character and (especially in Jono’s case) their powers are written incorrectly.
    It's so frustrating being an Gen X fan. I think sometimes the writer's just need to be sat down with old issues and made to read them. Because when it comes to characterisation there's really something missing lately. Jubilee shows that. She's lost her spunkiness, and Jono's become a bit of a joke character lately. Angelo is MIA, as is Husk. And, why was Mondo hanging around like they're BFFs when he tried to kill them. Monet's become really cruel and arrogant (well worst than normal lol). Only Synch seems to be treated well. And, I agree about Jonos powers. A lot of people forget he's psionic not flame based. I was reading The return of Jean Grey issue and Cable got knocked out on Cerebro, and they said there's no more psychics to use when Jono was stood right there in the next scene, arghh! He has shown he can use his telepathy for receiving as well as projection. They did the same in the Empyrean mini, called on the psychics and no Jono.

    I think I just spotted Leech (on the bottom left) in that bigger pic

  10. #100
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Salemdelight View Post
    It's so frustrating being an Gen X fan. I think sometimes the writer's just need to be sat down with old issues and made to read them. Because when it comes to characterisation there's really something missing lately. Jubilee shows that. She's lost her spunkiness, and Jono's become a bit of a joke character lately. Angelo is MIA, as is Husk. And, why was Mondo hanging around like they're BFFs when he tried to kill them. Monet's become really cruel and arrogant (well worst than normal lol). Only Synch seems to be treated well. And, I agree about Jonos powers. A lot of people forget he's psionic not flame based. I was reading The return of Jean Grey issue and Cable got knocked out on Cerebro, and they said there's no more psychics to use when Jono was stood right there in the next scene, arghh! He has shown he can use his telepathy for receiving as well as projection. They did the same in the Empyrean mini, called on the psychics and no Jono.

    I think I just spotted Leech (on the bottom left) in that bigger pic
    Yeah. So many of them seem to go such weird places. Like Jubilee becoming a vampire or that brief period where Jono looked like Apocalypse. Heck, they seem to be ignoring that the Penance "shell" was revealed to be a separate being from Monet back in Faerber's run. For Jubes, I liked the addition of Shogo because it works with big, character-specific themes for Jubilee like abandonment and found family. But they're handling it so clumsily now.

  11. #101
    Mighty Member jawbreaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post

    That would be Doctor Strange Volume 4 #20. I thought it was pretty cool too.

    Here you go:
    Thanks for the bigger pic! look at all that crazy detail, reminds me of the old Bachalo drawn Gen x issues when I had to look at the panels 3-4 times to really get what was happening sometimes b/c there was so much crammed into the scenes. I hated it at first but then as i reread the issues came to love it and appreciate al the details. Its like was like Where's Waldo/look and find books in a comic panel/spread.

    The return of Jean Grey issue and Cable got knocked out on Cerebro, and they said there's no more psychics to use when Jono was stood right there in the next scene, arghh! He has shown he can use his telepathy for receiving as well as projection.
    I dont remember this ? or maybe I do but don't remember the specifics. got a scan? I always figure he never gets considered when there's a need for telepaths b/c he's such a terrible one ,lol. At least when it comes to the in story reason, I agree the editors always leaving him out is bs.

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Heck, they seem to be ignoring that the Penance "shell" was revealed to be a separate being from Monet back in Faerber's run.
    I hate that! I hate that they've completely forgotten about Yvette !
    Last edited by jawbreaker; 10-12-2021 at 05:34 PM.

  12. #102
    Amazing Member Salemdelight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    I dont remember this ? or maybe I do but don't remember the specifics. got a scan? I always figure he never gets considered when there's a need for telepaths b/c he's such a terrible one ,lol. At least when it comes to the in story reason, I agree the editors always leaving him out is bs.
    It was in Phoenix Resurrection: The Return of Jean Grey issue #2. they got cable to scan for the phoenix after saying there's no psychics left.

    RCO007_1583392164.jpg

    RCO012_1583392164.jpg

    And there's one of the few psychics on the team in the background Thinking thank god I didn't get fried.

    RCO015_1583392164.jpg

    It was the same book that had Bobby calling him a hipster, and that he's always chosen last for a team because he's no fun, grrrr!! It's Matthew Rosenberg and he really writes him poorly. He's not great at using his abilities, but he does use them some times. He knew Emma was in Sean's body, even manged to Scan with Quentin to try and find Roxy and Jubes. Could pick up Ranas thoughts in Gen x 71. Even picked up Paige when she was in danger in the Dracula story in the 98 annual (can you tell I've been bored and reading back issues lol) I think he thinks he's crap, and just doesn't want to learn (or say he's better than he appears) because he'd hate the idea of all those voices in his head.

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Yeah. So many of them seem to go such weird places. Like Jubilee becoming a vampire or that brief period where Jono looked like Apocalypse. Heck, they seem to be ignoring that the Penance "shell" was revealed to be a separate being from Monet back in Faerber's run. For Jubes, I liked the addition of Shogo because it works with big, character-specific themes for Jubilee like abandonment and found family. But they're handling it so clumsily now.
    Ah! yeah what on earth is going on with the Penny thing? It's been very weird. Poor Yvette. The Voice comic really showed what having a family in Shogo, teh X-men and Jono meant to Jubilee. I feel with the island shenanigans that family feeling is one thing that's really missing for the X-men lately. I hope if there's going to be an answer to her sons fate in Excalibur it's not a bad one. To Jubilee abandonment must be the worst thing ever, so to do it to Shogo ...

  13. #103
    Mighty Member jawbreaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Salemdelight View Post
    It was in Phoenix Resurrection: The Return of Jean Grey issue #2. they got cable to scan for the phoenix after saying there's no psychics left.


    It was the same book that had Bobby calling him a hipster, and that he's always chosen last for a team because he's no fun, grrrr!! It's Matthew Rosenberg and he really writes him poorly. He's not great at using his abilities, but he does use them some times. He knew Emma was in Sean's body, even manged to Scan with Quentin to try and find Roxy and Jubes. Could pick up Ranas thoughts in Gen x 71. Even picked up Paige when she was in danger in the Dracula story in the 98 annual (can you tell I've been bored and reading back issues lol) I think he thinks he's crap, and just doesn't want to learn (or say he's better than he appears) because he'd hate the idea of all those voices in his head.

    thanks again for the scans! ok yeah now I remember this. Well its Rosenberg, that would explain it. What was up with that scene anyway? All those X-men being dissed by Bobby? It came off so forced...more like like Roseberg suddenly needing to vent about characters he hates? Weird.

    speaking of Jono using his telepathy there's also that 90's Spider-man/Gen X team up issue where he uses his telepathy to help Spidey with keeping a crowd away from some tainted money that's spilled onto the streets.

  14. #104
    Fantastic Member Rufio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    371

    Default

    Chamber makes a one panel, one line appearance in Phoenix Song: Echo #1.

    I can’t tell you too much about it because I kept zoning out.
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

  15. #105
    Fantastic Member Rufio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    thanks again for the scans! ok yeah now I remember this. Well its Rosenberg, that would explain it. What was up with that scene anyway? All those X-men being dissed by Bobby? It came off so forced...more like like Roseberg suddenly needing to vent about characters he hates? Weird.

    speaking of Jono using his telepathy there's also that 90's Spider-man/Gen X team up issue where he uses his telepathy to help Spidey with keeping a crowd away from some tainted money that's spilled onto the streets.
    I have so many conflicting feelings on Rosenberg’s run. We know he had to set things up for Hickman, but I wonder how much was done for Hickman.

    Damn shame since Hickman is leaving with unfinished plot points.


    I remember that one! It was such a good showing of his telepathy! Not a bad issue.
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •