Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Love this look from AoA.

Last edited by From The Shadows; 05-05-2021 at 01:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post

Yeah, hanging out with his friends would do lots of good. Found this fan version of a cover.

That's a very cute picture. God I miss Ange. LOL some one is definitely trying to cop a feel *coughs*

Love this look from AoA.

He looked amazing in that run. Kind of like a young Gambit. They said he used to be a good looking lad before his accident and they were right. Boy did that story break my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    *delurking*

hey fellow Jono fans, thanks for starting this thread. I had wanted to for weeks now after the app thread refresh but I'm just ridiculously busy these days, I only have time to lurk and quickly browse the first page of the X-men section a couple days a week so I can keep up with the weirdness that is the X-books currently. Honestly have no idea what they're doing with the mutants these days, I don't think I like it much.

Looks like after New Mutants Jono just dropped off the X-writers radar...too bad. I hope he shows up in Spurrier's book at some point (loved his grouchy Jono). Or with Jubilee in Excalibur.
    I do like that they've brought Synch back and are giving him a prominent role in the new X-book. Hopefully it sticks(not sure about him hooking up with X-23 though.) X-Gala looks like fun, do you think Jono will show up in that? I have a feeling if he did go he'd be that one guy not dressed up and just wearing what he always wears, lol.
    Hi. There's nothing wrong with being busy, life's a time suck for us all. But it's just grand to know there's other Jono fans around too I've also not been so sure about the books too, but try to at least keep up with the New Mutants and Gen-xers.

I would give up all my pounds to see Si write him again. He really got that even though he's a moody sod he has a sense of humour too.

RCO010_1468919832.jpg

If we get to see his Gala outfit (pleaseplease) and it's anything like his 'costumes' in the past he's so going to just turn up in a band tee and leather pants. I bet Emma used to inwardly seethe when Jono wouldn't wear his Gen X uniform. But, I would love to see someone use his power as his costume. I think Cris drew some art of Chamber creating psionic beasties with his power and that would be awesome as a costume. All in black, straps everywhere, maybe a hood so you cant quite see his face and his energy flowing out in all sorts of fun ways. The artist me may have to draw that when I find time.

^yeah I know what Bachalo art you're talking about... it was I think a variant cover...he was making constructs with his psi flame... very cool! I wish some writer had incorporated that as a new skill he picked up.
    A band tee and leather pants is exactly what I picture him wearing at the gala. If he were to dress up though maybe he'd wear the Kevin Wada design:
    https://www.deviantart.com/kevinwada...mber-276105031
    Though actually I cant see him going around bare chested...he's too self conscious for that.

Love this look from AoA.

yeah I always thought if an X-men tv series had to do Jono but couldn't afford the effects for his face they could use this version...I would find that acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
    I pretty much jumped ship on the X-Men front. Maybe if Jono shows up in another book, I’ll pick it up. I would LOVE for Spurrier to pick up Jono! I would be so haaaaaaaaaappy! I don’t think I’d even care what he was writing about! I would snatch that up so hard.
    I'm just not feeling this Krakoa: Immortality Island thing. I dunno, maybe they are just going all out with a really out there premise until the MCU X-men films kick in and then we get a big reset wen they're forced to line up with the films. Spurrier's Jono could be a bit OOC at times but he always knew when to reign it in, unlike Rosenberg who felt unrecognizable...or ..who did the recent run with Jono and Mondo in New Mutants? Hickman? I loved the art(as you can see by my av) but that Jono was way OOC as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Salemdelight View Post
    That's a very cute picture. God I miss Ange. LOL some one is definitely trying to cop a feel *coughs*
    Good then.

Quote Originally Posted by Salemdelight View Post
    He looked amazing in that run. Kind of like a young Gambit. They said he used to be a good looking lad before his accident and they were right. Boy did that story break my heart.
    Yes, I wouldn't be surprised if the phrase "pretty boy" cropped up. I imagine something like that, so sudden, would be hard for anyone to take.

^yeah I know what Bachalo art you're talking about... it was I think a variant cover...he was making constructs with his psi flame... very cool! I wish some writer had incorporated that as a new skill he picked up.
    A band tee and leather pants is exactly what I picture him wearing at the gala. If he were to dress up though maybe he'd wear the Kevin Wada design:
    https://www.deviantart.com/kevinwada...mber-276105031
    Though actually I cant see him going around bare chested...he's too self conscious for that.

yeah I always thought if an X-men tv series had to do Jono but couldn't afford the effects for his face they could use this version...I would find that acceptable.

I'm just not feeling this Krakoa: Immortality Island thing. I dunno, maybe they are just going all out with a really out there premise until the MCU X-men films kick in and then we get a big reset wen they're forced to line up with the films. Spurrier's Jono could be a bit OOC at times but he always knew when to reign it in, unlike Rosenberg who felt unrecognizable...or ..who did the recent run with Jono and Mondo in New Mutants? Hickman? I loved the art(as you can see by my av) but that Jono was way OOC as well.
    Ah, that Kevin Wanda design. We love to see it.

I agree with you guys. That version was a good one. I also agree that if needed, it would make an acceptable adaptation version. Is Bachalo the only one who has made Jono’s psi-powers have neat shapes?

Uhg, the OOC is everywhere. I just... I can’t. And I’m sad to say that I think Hickman is one of the worst Chamber writers out there. He was trying to be funny, but I think he has a problem writing characters. Which is why there is so much OOC. It’s not just with Chamber, but Jono’s my favorite mutant so I’m going to be extra bitter about that.

I have mixed feelings on Rosenberg’s run. It was so rushed, there was a lot of OOC and I feel he tried to start too many stories for the number of issues he was given, so I don’t know if Marvel reduced the number of issues he was originally going to write. On top of that there was just so many dumb things and everyone was dying in ways that should have never been allowed. I actually felt it started off pretty good, all things considered, for like the first couple of issues... then Rosenberg’s run just... sucked.

Hickman did say he would leave everything a blank slate, and users have mentioned that he does do that... I just have a hard time seeing them being able to leave everything that has been established as a blank slate. Or how future writers would explain the mass OOC. Very curious to what the future brings.

Edit:I just want to say that I love the art from New Mutants too. The artist whose name currently escapes me can draw Jono more, please and thank you.
    Last edited by Rufio; 05-05-2021 at 10:14 PM.
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

well Im glad to read everything might be reset...
    yeah I havent seen any other example of Jono doing that trick with the psionic critters sadly. It would be a great way to further develop his powers.
    I just looked it up, Rod Reis was the NM artist...he draws a very cute Jono.

Agreed. I find his art a little vague, at times (maybe because my tablet shrinks everything), but he's really good most of the time. He seems to like Jono, too, because he drew him into Doug's wedding reception, even though he had no lines. Or who knows, maybe that was Ayala's idea.

wait he did? do you by any chance have a link to a scan?

btw sorry for the humongous image, I had no idea it would come out so huge.

No problem. It's not much, but he's there.

Screenshot_20210506-224307_1.jpg
    Screenshot_20210506-224205_1.jpg

Hmm, yours came out too big, and mine came out too small...

well Im glad to read everything might be reset...
    yeah I havent seen any other example of Jono doing that trick with the psionic critters sadly. It would be a great way to further develop his powers.
    I just looked it up, Rod Reis was the NM artist...he draws a very cute Jono.

I'm not sure I care for that artists Jono. I usually am pretty open-minded about art but... Why is he so young looking ? He looks about 16 and he should be at least 18 but the sliding timescale should make him older even.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 05-06-2021 at 08:51 PM.

^I know... but Im used to X-men looking younger or older then they should, from one book to the next, b/c of how much artists styles and skill level differ. Heck when I first saw Jono in the early Bachalo drawn Gen X comics I thought he was like in his late 20's, lol. Its annoying but I guess its just one of those quirks of the Big Two comics.

he's just so adorbs in that Reis NM art though....I love the hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    No problem. It's not much, but he's there.

Screenshot_20210506-224307_1.jpg
    Screenshot_20210506-224205_1.jpg

Hmm, yours came out too big, and mine came out too small...
    its fine thanks! oh yeah I did see this...somewhere. Nice that he at least remembers he and Mondo still exist. I know what you mean about the art being a bit vague, like in the 2nd panel. Isn't it all painted? maybe he likes to leave some panels "artistically impressionistic" to help with beating his deadlines, lol.

All-New Member

20210505_192207.jpg
    Chris Bachalo has been posting a lot of Chamber-related art on Twitter recently, including this little beauty.
    Last edited by Andraste; 05-08-2021 at 08:59 PM.

Looks like Jono's going to at least have a cameo in the next New Mutants. At least, I'm pretty sure that's him behind the Silver Samurai between Rahne and Sam.

XMMb003-min(1).jpg

The picture doesn't look as crisp as the original... This link should be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Looks like Jono's going to at least have a cameo in the next New Mutants. At least, I'm pretty sure that's him behind the Silver Samurai between Rahne and Sam.

XMMb003-min(1).jpg

The picture doesn't look as crisp as the original... This link should be better.
    Yeah that's gotta be our boy, I'd recognize that Tim Burton hair anywhere.

yeah I tried to look for him but gave up...

I was gonna post this Bachalo Chamber from last year. I wonder if he draws him at least once every year?

tumblr_42ce0ad558e87b8041c9fdca58b2ebcb_90e870b5_640.jpg

some more recent Chamber art Ive found...

tumblr_b0d41b4447cbfc24802b9e4782f7f7b7_8dcd7119_1280.jpg

tumblr_75a8c64c2719f03ef74826500d41f96a_526a7e26_1280.jpg