Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

What issues were in that run? I wasn't reading X-men at the time.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    What issues were in that run? I wasn't reading X-men at the time.
    Joe Casey authored Uncanny X-Men 394 - 409. (Try to separate the man from the work.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    There's been no indication he will, but I really want him in Way of X. I really enjoy Spurrier's voice for him.
    Yes! This is a great idea!! He'd play off that cast interestingly I think.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Always thought he had potential. Hoping 2021 will be Jono's year

I know how he feels, my internet's been down all afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Joe Casey authored Uncanny X-Men 394 - 409. (Try to separate the man from the work.)
    Thanks, I'll see if it's available.

Yay! So happy this is a thread again!

I did not like Brisson’s Jono. It seemed to me he was just trying to get Chamber and Magma together because “lol they both got fire, get it?”
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

Yeah, can't really see that working out. :/

And I forgot to add 2021 to the thread title... [face palm]

Yeah, can't really see that working out. :/

And I forgot to add 2021 to the thread title... [face palm]
    It was just so... out of nowhere. :/

It’s okay, we know.

I hope to see more of Chamber again. I’m not too big on the current going ons in the X-Books, but I’ll read whatever he appears in. I would love for Spurrier to write him again. He wrote such an awesome Jono.
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;

I've been considering picking up Way of X. If Jono was in it, I doubt I could resist.

SPOILERS (for Joe Casey period):

The elephant in the room. Though there were many during this period.

Not that any character should be about romance. Who do you see him paring with?

I don't know, really. I've thought about Dani, since they have a lot in common. Both teachers, both depowered, both hated their powers, both pretty badass (when the writers let Jono do anything). Very similar backstories, too, between Jono and Gayle and Dani and Pat Roberts. Don't know if it would work, though.

I know a lot of people like Jono and Jubilee together.

I don't know, really. I've thought about Dani, since they have a lot in common. Both teachers, both depowered, both hated their powers, both pretty badass (when the writers let Jono do anything). Very similar backstories, too, between Jono and Gayle and Dani and Pat Roberts. Don't know if it would work, though.

I know a lot of people like Jono and Jubilee together.
    That’s an interesting pairing. I can see it working. Personally, I want Chamber to stay single for awhile. Especially if his romantic partners are going to keep appearing with zero mention of him. Which, I get it, no one should be tied to their other half, but it’s like the guy doesn’t even exist.

I thought Jono and Jubilee were a cute and they certainly have the history, but not really a big favorite for me. Honestly, with the relationship just thrown off to the side like nothing happened, I wish they just stayed BFF (when writers remember Jono and Jubilee are friends). I can’t even blame Brisson on that either. So many writers want to write Jubilee without any romantic attachment anyway.

Yeah, single is way better than a badly written relationship.

I can see why they wanted Jubilee single when she was younger, but it's strange she's never been in a relationship. What she had with Jono was little more than flirting.

Yeah, single is way better than a badly written relationship.

I can see why they wanted Jubilee single when she was younger, but it's strange she's never been in a relationship. What she had with Jono was little more than flirting.
    I feel the same way a lot. Plus there is the bad blood and the ruining of friendships to the point they either stay out of each others way forever or they just snark at each other forever. Outside of Scott and Jean (and even I think that is getting too much) it will be that way for others. If friends become pairings its safer to read fanfic. BUT with so many of my faves underused even a romance like any plot is tempting at times.

I know what you mean.

I finished reading Brisson's run. I was not impressed. Literally the only bit of characterization Jono got was him wondering why Magma didn't acknowledge him. I know the space team was only in a couple of issues, but still. None of the other characters from Hickman's story faired much better. Vita Ayala's work is such an improvement. I just wished they'd use Jono.

Maybe he'll show up in Way of X, or one of the two new titles coming up.

I also like the idea of Jono and Jubilee. I liked him and Paige, or what was teased more than a relationship. But too much brooding happened, though that was the 90's and it happened with Romy too (sigh) but can you see much brooding with Jubilee around? And I doubt her and Ev are gonna pair up any time soon with X-23 there and I think that ship has sailed.