Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Post Should Jonathan Hickman saves DC Comics?

Looking back the DC Rebirth era, it make miss the nostigia of hope and bright future ahead. Wally West, Supersons and the tease return of Legion of Superheroes and JSA. All go shifted due because at that time. We are run by the higher-up who are " ANTI MILLENINIALS". Therefore, all the rebirth storylines has been sidelined and ignore completely. Despite lauching the "Infinite Froniter" era, it doesn't have the same success as compared to DC Rebirth.

Meanwhile, Jonathan Hickman has save the X-Men franchise by launching the " House of X/Power of X" that serve the new status quo for the mutants. And right now, they are still going strong with the Head of X has manage to make the X-Men the most bestseller in any recent marketing. We all know Jonathan will work at DC after he is done with the X-Men. Can he be the saviour ?

Spectacular Member

Since Hickman is a massive LoSH fan he should take over Superman/Superboy/Supergirl/LoSH and then take over Titans and then Justice League

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning63 View Post
    Since Hickman is a massive LoSH fan he should take over Superman/Superboy/Supergirl/LoSH and then take over Titans and then Justice League
    If Hickman can undo the horror than made Bendis, he had my vote. But I doubt it.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    If Hickman can undo the horror than made Bendis, he had my vote. But I doubt it.
    Hickman made Goldballs one of the most important X-Men on Krakoa. Bendis brought him to Marvel, Hickman looooooooves playing with Bendis’ toys. Trust me: he won’t undo anything Bendis did although he may make it more palatable for you.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I remember when people thought Bendis was going to save DC too.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I remember when people thought Bendis was going to save DC too.
    I'm baffled people still think one writer can just come over and "save" a company. Hot take, but giving any one creator that level of control over the entire line is asking to fail.

if you don't have an editor to reign in Hickman good luck. For all the stories Bendis has done he's never crafted these overly intricate/protracted Game of Thrones type story arcs.
    Last edited by Jabare; 04-27-2021 at 11:33 PM.
    The J-man

Are things so bad right now that the phrase "needs saving" is legit and not just subjective hyperbole?

Also, doubtful.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

The LoS needs saving because I don't know why DC keeps spitting on this team.

Could*

the question is, Could Hickman saves DC Comics? and the answer is no. no singular writer can "save" a company. they're writers, they just write stories.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Jonathan Hickman is one of the best writers in comics today, he can sell a book and tends to work outside of the standard superhero template so getting him would be an absolute win for DC and its fans.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Incredible Member

If and when Jonathan Hickman steps over to DC, I'd love to see him take on the reins of Legion of Superheroes, Justice League/ Society; I'd even love to see him try Hawkman, Green Lantern Corps and Superman (just to see him expand on the lore and supporting cast and rogues)

Extraordinary Member

X-Men is not the best selling title at Marvel. The line is doing about as well as it usually does when Marvel is not stomping on the franchise to boost another one. X-Men just has a crazy enough fanbase they will buy a lot of it.

Could he bring something to DC? Of course. Could he save LoSH? Depends on your standard. His Fantastic Four/FF was not a great seller.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Multiverse View Post
    I'd even love to see him try Hawkman, Green Lantern Corps and Superman (just to see him expand on the lore and supporting cast and rogues)
    Hickman only write team books. He never interest in writing solo book.

Astonishing Member

Hickman can save the Legion of Superheroes, given that he wanted to write them, he's the best case scenario for them. Or make something with Titans, in which he, if I remember correctly, was also interested.
    But this is somehow too categorical a statement that he can save the whole DC, and so on.