Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    If DC didn't care about Wonder Woman we wouldn't have this much content this year. Aquaman doesn't even have a book right now.
    They obviously don't care much.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It feels like it's been pretty consistent since Geoff Johns started writing him.
    You think so? Well maybe that were always just the wrong persons, but i think i have never talked to a person who truly believes Aquaman would be on the kryptonian or major lantern level, and i am also unconvinced by what they did so far.
    Last edited by Rightoya; 05-01-2021 at 03:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    They obviously don't care much.
    You are the one saying that DC clearly loves Aquaman and doesn't care bout Wonder Woman, and yet Wonder Woman has more books, more movies, more everything than Green Lantern and Aquaman right now. Aquaman doesn't have a book. Green Lantern only has one book and yet Wonder family is about to have 4 (Wonder Woman, WonderGirl, Nubia and the amazons, Sensational Wonder Woman). Plus Wonder Woman Dead Earth, Earth One vol 3 and Nubia Real One. When were you happy with Wonder Woman?

In case you didn't know, it's Aquaman's anniversary too and look at how much content he has this year.
    Last edited by Alpha; 04-30-2021 at 07:03 PM.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

You are the one saying that DC clearly loves Aquaman and doesn't care bout Wonder Woman, and yet Wonder Woman has more books, more movies, more everything than Green Lantern and Aquaman right now. Aquaman doesn't have a book. Green Lantern only has one book and yet Wonder family is about to have 4 (Wonder Woman, WonderGirl, Nubia and the amazons, Sensational Wonder Woman). Plus Wonder Woman Dead Earth, Earth vol 3 and Nubia Real One. When were you happy with Wonder Woman?

In case you didn't know, it's Aquaman's anniversary too and look at how much content he has this year.
    Having more book appearances haven't meant much for WW in a long time now. Let's see how much of that content has quality. Let's see if her lore is respected and well developed. Let's see if WW and her cast don't get treated as jobbers for others. Let's see. More often than not. WW has been hyped and then we get underwhelming results. Let's see how everything goes. I wouldn't hold my breath expecting major ands epic things. DC's trackrecord with WW is not good.

When was the last time you were happy with the state of Wonder Woman?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Believe me, I'm dying for a Queen Clea appearance just about anywhere but why would she side with the Nazis? They are polar opposites when you consider Nazis were more about male superiority and Clea is about female superiority. I suppose they could have had Clea trying to trick the Nazis into letting their guard down but that almost seems to easy of a plot. I do agree that Psycho Pirate was unrecognizable though.
    Well, history is full of examples of peoples and states that otherwise opposed most of the time work together in some instances if there’s a mutual benefit to it. To stick with WW2, the Nazis and Soviets signed non-aggression pacts with one another and planned out carving up Eastern Europe between themselves.

So it wouldn’t be that unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    DC's version of Thor for one, Diana herself, other New Gods....

Yes, an Atlantean and an Amazon are basically equal in physicals...But no matter what origin you want for Diana she's never been a "regular" amazon, she's always more powerful, far more powerful. Same with Aquaman.

New Gods have always been more powerful, like stupidly more powerful, then Atlanteans and Amazons like what? this has been the case since the New Gods inception..... atlanteans and amazons are just super humans, like Cap. America.

Its not just fights you know, Diana has won them, but I can also just look up what they've both done respectively and judge that too, Diana would still roughly come out on top.

I'm very aware you don't care about how powerful Diana is, oddly enough very few writers seem to as well, and I've never heard any praise for they're stories either, funny that.

You aren't speaking to people in a youtube comment section, Also what is wrong with people believing or wanting her to be more powerful because she's Zeus's daughter? That was the whole point as to why DC changed it. I don't like it either but, its a valid criticism since they constantly hype her up then give us disappointing showings.
    Let's be honest. That wasn't the whole point as to why they changed it. In part, the Azz that changed everything specifically said he wanted to give her a simpler descriptive. Of course, that was nonsense. " it's more relatable" and garbage like that was thrown around at the time. Cuz a billionaire with a rodent fetish and an alien strongman are so relatable.

There was also a part of the ptb I'm sure that felt they needed to make her " cooler" and take away some of the "girly" stuff. There was many a discussion at the time where some posters seemed to feel almost offended or threatened by the lack of a father for Diana.

And really it all comes down to not understanding the character and the importance and rarity of an all female origin narrative, especially in this industry. Didio certainly did his share of not caring across the entire company, let alone this character....

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    Let's be honest. That wasn't the whole point as to why they changed it. In part, the Azz that changed everything specifically said he wanted to give her a simpler descriptive. Of course, that was nonsense. " it's more relatable" and garbage like that was thrown around at the time. Cuz a billionaire with a rodent fetish and an alien strongman are so relatable.

There was also a part of the ptb I'm sure that felt they needed to make her " cooler" and take away some of the "girly" stuff. There was many a discussion at the time where some posters seemed to feel almost offended or threatened by the lack of a father for Diana.

And really it all comes down to not understanding the character and the importance and rarity of an all female origin narrative, especially in this industry. Didio certainly did his share of not caring across the entire company, let alone this character....
    Far point, you are right about the other reasons as to way they changed the origin. I was just pointing out that saying Diana is an amazon demigoddess or "Zeus's daughter" is a valid criticism that some people can make about why she seems so lack luster and weak these days.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Well, history is full of examples of peoples and states that otherwise opposed most of the time work together in some instances if there’s a mutual benefit to it. To stick with WW2, the Nazis and Soviets signed non-aggression pacts with one another and planned out carving up Eastern Europe between themselves.

So it wouldn’t be that unbelievable.

Still, Clea HATES men. I mean really HATES men so I think it would turn her stomach to even feign an alliance with them. Maybe she would do it if all of the men were subservient to her.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

I'd have to agree I'd have preferred if WW were shown to be more of a powerhouse in the film, but I'm guessing part of Aquaman's power in the movie comes from the trident and she does break it in the end.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

This was the logic I think behind ramping up the Gods and using the more horror-like aspects of their actions. It's going to be great when Historia comes out and shows you can have badass and cool Amazons and goddesses in a narrative that is mostly female driven, so Daddy Zeus was never necessary to begin with.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Her being the strongest and most skilled isn't a true investment in the character. DC has now decided that the best way to prove that Diana is respected isn't via her physical stats but via her being the oldest. That's why 5G was gonna make her alive since WW2 and why the DCEU and JS WW2 have her in the past. It's just another superficial way to pay respect.
    Let's be honest, it's movie synergy.

How much of the audience are children of Zeus anyway for it to be relatable anyway? :P I agree. It's no more relatable than 'born of clay' or characters born through cloning or the big bag or any other primordial entities which exist in the DCU.