Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Let's start with Cyborg and I'll use it as an entry point into other titles .

1. Cyborg
    Don't complain. Create.

I'd like to see Batman and Superman done in the style of the post-war era. Complete stories in about 13 pages with the same number of panels with art that suggests that era.
    for the additional 8 titles, I would like other characters also handled that way.
    JSA
    Plastic Man
    The Original Captain Marvel
    The Flash
    Hawkman
    Wonder Woman
    Sandman (the Simon and Kirby version)
    The Guardian and the Newsboy Legion
    Last edited by captchuck; 04-28-2021 at 03:28 PM.

Here’s three that come to my mind. I’m sure there are more but it’s been a long day.

Batwoman - Rucka/Williams III finish the last arc that was abandoned when Rucka left DC
    JSA - Matt Wagner/Guy Davis and as a spinoff of Sandman Mystery Theatre
    Power Girl (Tanya Spears) - Would love to see Priest really focus on her

What have we got here.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    1.Bring back Hellblazer with Spurrier and Campbell.
    7. The Question and Huntress - A twisted rom-com with Vic Sage and Helena Bertillini.
    I’m always down with a Hellblazer series, sad that the last run was so short lived. For me, Garth Ennis will always be my fav.

I love your number 7 pick! I should of thought of that. I love Denny O Neil’s work, but for me, nothing beats the Question/Huntress JLU cartoon/Rucka version. If only I could control the minds of DC execs.

Quote Originally Posted by etrumble View Post
    I miss the more obscure teams. With that introduction:
    6. Freedom Fighters
    9. Brave and the Bold(rotating cast would be fun, with Batman to bring readers)
    I quite like the Freedom Fighters, I wasn’t to big on the last mini because it took place in WW2, I’d definitely pick up a run if they were in the present.

Although I feel there are too many titles featuring Batman, the Brave and the Bold is one I would like to see. It’s always interesting to see how Batman interacts with other heroes. A team up with Guy Gardner would be awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    Get out of my head Nostalgia,
    1) Green Lantern: Emerald Gladiator (Hal Jordan book, Johns, Reis the SCW team supreme)
    5) JLA (with Hal on team at least in rotation) Busiek with Jim Lee on art
    Great minds think alike. I’m pretty much down with anything that features Hal Jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    1. Haunted Tank - It's a ghost possessed freaking tank! How is that not cool?
    5. The Creeper - He's like the Joker, only instead of criminally insane he's heroically insane! How can you not love him?
    OMG the Haunted Tank! Yes, that brings back so many memories when I was a young kid in the hospital. My mom brought me a SGT Rock issue, and in the back pages it featured the Haunted Tank. Sadly I doubt we will ever, ever, ever, see that put out as a run, let alone SGRT Rock series.

The Creeper is interesting, I would definitely pick up the first few issues to see where it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    5) Justice League Odyssey: John Stewart leads a team of Vixen, Black Lightning, Dr Light, Atom (Ryan), Blue Beetle (Jaime), Black Condor, Vibe and Katana as they exposure the multiverse
    8) Infinity Inc: Stars Courtney’s generation of the JSA
    JLO sounds intriguing, a diverse team for the modern age.

I’ve never actually collected an Infinity Inc run, but I’ve always thought they were pretty cool, so I would like to see that to.

Quote Originally Posted by ERON View Post
    1. A Kyle Rayner solo book set on Earth - perhaps even one where he is no longer a Green Lantern, but rather has his own identity and powers, like the brief period where he was Ion.
    3. An Elseworlds book starring Captain Atom, Blue Beetle, Nightshade, and the Question set in the late '60s that continues where the old Charlton books left off.
    Poor Kyle, doesn’t get much love from DC these days. I too would like to see him as Ion with his own powers, there are too many GL’s out there now, it would give him a fresh lease.

I like your Elseworlds idea, anything featuring the Charlton characters is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    7-Zatanna by Paul Dini
    Yes, that must happen again. Hopefully he would consider doing another run.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Not in any specific order:
    2. Blue Devil by Peter David and Stephen Sadowski
    7. Legion of Super-Heroes by Jonathan Hickman (plots) & Paul Levitz (scripts) and Ivan Reis
    8. Omega Men (w/a combined roster of classic Omega Men, modern Omega Men and the United Planets Brigade) by Dan Abnett, Andy Lanning and Jim Lee
    Blue Devil needs more exposure, hopefully they’ll stick him on the JLD at some point, and I’m down with your Legion.

The Omega Men! Now that’s one of those DC teams that just spends too much time in limbo.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Well, I don't have any specific runs in mind, but for series:
    8. Dr. Midnite (was it Wagner who did his mini?)
    10. Showcase, for those characters without a regular home, or only a team book.
    A Dr Midnite run would be super cool, doubt we will ever see it, but maybe we could get another mini.

As someone who loves DC for its huge wealth of characters I too would love to see a showcase series. With DC cutting back on titles too many heroes face obscurity, showcase would allow them to shine.

Good to see there is a lot of love for the JSA out there. For me, the big surprise has been how many times Amethyst has shown up. Didn’t realize that she was so popular.

1. Doom Patrol: The show has made me a huge fan of team and it’d be great for DC to feature a team not connected to the JL or Titans.

2. Justice Society: A big lineup of characters that mixes both generations together. Stargirl would lead the new generation while Jay or Alan leads the old.

3. Justice League Odyssey: I liked El_Gatos suggestion, though my team lineup would be a bit different and would feature cosmic characters like John Stewart, Jessica Cruz, Cyborg, Blue Beetle, Dawnstar, Starfire, Icon, Martian Manhunter, Supergirl and Adam Strange.

4. Justice League Dark My lineup would be Constantine, Zatanna, Deadman, Etrigan, Swamp Thing, Black Orchid (Alba), Dr Fate (Khalid) and Amethyst

5. Blue Beetle I’d give Jaime another shot but base it off of the Round Robin premise of him moving on from high school

6. Amethyst: She should also get a shot at a solo. So much potential here!

7. The Atoms Family: Follows the adventures of Ray Palmer, Ryan Choi and Rhonda Pineda as they explore the quantum verse.

8. Batgirls : Chronicles the adventures of Cassandra Cain, Stephanie Brown and Tiffany Fox as they take up the mantle of Batgirl.

9. Black Lightning: Black Lightning has the Outsiders and his family as a supporting cast. Outsiders includes Katana, Metamorpho, Geo-Force and Halo

10. Hawk and Dove: Hank and Dawn fogging crime together

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    OMG the Haunted Tank! Yes, that brings back so many memories when I was a young kid in the hospital. My mom brought me a SGT Rock issue, and in the back pages it featured the Haunted Tank. Sadly I doubt we will ever, ever, ever, see that put out as a run, let alone SGRT Rock series.
    I'd settle for a mini-series, an OGN, a 100 page special or one shot, a YA or Kids book, an animated DC Showcase short film with one of the DTV movies, a guest episode on Young Justice/Harley Quinn/any upcoming DC show, an episode of the Flash or Stargirl, whatever. I've never read anything with this character, only know it exists thanks to wikipedia, but I'm sold on the whole concept of a tank possessed by a ghost. That just resonates with my inner child.

The Creeper is interesting, I would definitely pick up the first few issues to see where it goes.
    You'd have to get the right writer to not go too far and make him annoying, but find the write creative team and it should be a hoot.

1. Brave & the Bold: This time it will have a lead character who will team up with an multiple characters over the course of several issues before being switched out for a new hero. The lead cannot be an A-list franchise lead unless said franchise lead is Wonder Woman. Options include: Lois Lane, Nightwing, Vixen, Atom, Donna Troy, Zatanna, Batwoman, Catwoman, etc. The team ups should be as random and unexpected as possible. Could be a standalone story or an overarching one.

2. Masters of the Martial Arts:
    Focusing primarily on the trio; Richard Dragon, Lady Shiva and Bronze Tiger but could include any martial arts based character in the DCU from Cass Cain to Connor Hawke to King Snake to Lynx. The primary character would be Richard Dragon, former thief turned martial arts master, living quietly in San Francisco until he gets his next mission from Checkmate. He would be like an Asian James Bond. Something like 'The Jackie Chan Adventures' cartoon.

3. Martial Arts Master: Bronze Tiger: Martial arts master and former Checkmate agent Ben Turner was brainwashed by the League of Assassins into becoming their weapon. After regaining his sanity but still retaining memories of everyone he's ever killed while under their control, Ben Turner goes on the war path to hunt all the LoA members who used him.

4. Martial Arts Master: Lady Shiva: Sandra Wu-san aka Lady Shiva aka Master of Death aka Ultimate Weapon. But what good is a weapon without a purpose? Follow Lady Shiva as she takes on any assignment she is given. How far will she go? What is her code of honor? See her opponents; Batman, Green Arrow, Tim Drake, Connor Hawke and Cassandra Cain from her perspective.

5. Keepers of Magic:
    Wonder Woman, Zatanna, Vixen, Etrigan, Blue Devil, Shining Knight, Nightshade, Dr Occult/Rose, Vixen, Dr Mist, Madame Xanadu and special guest star the Phantom Stranger form their own magic based team to deal with escalating intrusion of the magical world in to our own. Unlike JLD, this book will deal with mythological figures and stories: Greek, Norse, the Orisha's, Egyptian, Japanese, Sumerian, etc. Should include a member from the myths as well like Sun Wu Kong, Gilgamesh or Anansi as a regular character. Potential guest stars include, Zachary, the Hawks, Deadman, etc.

6. Keepers of Magic: Zatanna: Zatanna has to find the balance between being a superhero, stage show magician and her commitments to the League and the Keepers. She is the go-to person for anyone be it superheroes or regular people whenever there is a magical or supernatural problem to deal with. Caught between two worlds, she knows that it's rare to find a solution that works for every one.

7. Keepers of Magic: Madame Xanadu: Having been alive for hundreds of years, Nimue Inwudu uses her powers of divination to help people out of supernatural afflictions while dealing with the many power entities she's angered over the years from Merlin to the Spectre to her own sister; Morgan Le Fay.

8. Justice League Dark: A reluctant Constantine is forced to team up with Swamp Thing, Tim Hunter, Spectre, Deadman, Dr Fate and the Enchantress to deal with the dark, horrifying side of the supernatural world. Will cross over and occasionally swap members with KoP (with the exception of WW and Zatanna).

9. Hellblazers: Constantine: Solo Constantine comic in the same style as Si Spurrier.

10. Tales of the JSA: An anthology tale which could set any where and at any point in JSA history. Any character could become the lead and the story could be about anything and it's all 100% canon.
    Last edited by John Venus; 04-28-2021 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Powergirl volume 2 (2009) [Jimmy Palmiotti, Justin Gray, Amanda Conner, and Paul Mounts]
    The Terrifics (2018) [Jeff Lemire · Ivan Reis]
    Blue Beetle volume 7 (2006) [John Rogers, Keith Giffen, and Cully Hamner]
    Batman and Robin (2009) [Grant Morison] pre-flashpoint
    Batgirl (2009) [Bryan Q. Miller · Phil Noto]
    Detective Comics v1 #871–881 [Scott Snyder, Jock, and Francesco Francavilla]
    Cyborg vol.1 [David F. Walker and Ivan Reis]{honorable mention to John Semper & team Paul Pelletier, Will Conrad, Tony Kordos} the Character changes they made better reflected where they wanted Cyborg to go at the time, shame it was short-lived. However, I do think Semper did a better job characterizing and flushing out Cyborg's support in his run. It would have been nice to see at least 25 to 50 issues
    Deathstroke vol.1 (2017) [Christopher Priest, Carlo Pagulayan]

Ironically,I can't think of a Nightwing run or Justice League run I'd add to this list when those are my two favorites.

This is tough. I almost added a Titans and Wonder Woman run to this, but I feel like they both ran their course. Same for teams like Justice League Odyssey, Secret Six, or the Nightwing Outsiders. I liked the teams and the characterizations, but I was never fully in love with the premise and overall plot for those titles.
    Yes to all of this!

I also loved Palmiotti and Gray’s Harley Quinn run.

Would love to see The Power Company given another shot, with Busiek back as writer.
    I’m

The Outlaws- Capes and costumes more accustomed to being on the "gray side" of things than others, yet still ultimately do good work.
    Super Sons- You knew it was coming from me, don't lie.
    Frag-tastic!- Crush and Lobo "bond". Crush looking for a long lasting relationship, Lobo looking for bounty, and forced to work together by forces outside of their control.
    Batgirl Rangers! (title may or may not violate copyright)- The Batgirl proteges of Babs work together to fight crime, and get home in time to do homework (dance lessons for Cass).
    Justice League Dark- The supernatural is always abound with danger. Danger that can only be stopped by those that can tap into it best!
    Titans Academy- Without the love triangle (yes, it bugged me that much)
    The Endless- In a place that only a few can be, worlds are observed. Some have heroes that do what is right! Some have no super traits at all. Yet, all are within the domain of the Endless. Neither evil, nor benevolent, they simply are. But sometimes, they grow curious about the state of lesser beings, and thus begins the story...
    Static Shock- Virgil is a high school kid by day, laying low from bullies and thugs, and the cool new hero, Static Shock! Can he keep his secret from his family? Can he stop other emerging metahumans? And can he stay awake in class!? Find out next time!

Spectacular Member

Impulse, Supersons, Young Justice and Titans

Extraordinary Member

Red Hood - give Jason a solo agian
    Hitman - after all the reboots it's time to bring the whole crew from Noonan's back to life
    Etrigan - contiuation of his 90s run
    All Star Squadron/ Young All Stars - a continuation that picks up, where this series topped in the late 80s
    Scare Tactics - the adventures of a rock band consiting of mosnters on the run from a goverment agency (I#m kind of wandering why this was never made into a CW series)
    New Titans - an alterante Version of events that picks up after "The New Teen Titans: Games", and ignores all the crap that happend in the later years of Marv Wolfmans run
    Manhunter - Kate Spencer, continuation of the Pre Flash point Run
    Deathstroke - a series in line with the Marv Wolfman Run on the character
    Arak Son of Thunder - I want to see him to return to America at some point
    Anarky - I still think the idea of a Teen Genius fighting corruption has a lot of potential

Extraordinary Member

1. Supergirl/Superwoman starring Linda Danvers Long past time to bring back the star of the longest-running Supergirl book and the best character the Super-line has produced,
    2. Batgirls: Steph and Cass both need a book. Steph in particular doesn't need to be Batgirl for her character, but 'Batgirl' has more selling power than 'Spoiler.'
    3. Batman and Robin, an Elseworlds starring Damian as Batman and Steph as Robin. Their dynamic has always been great, but DCeased showed me a setup I never knew I wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    As for my contribution, I have a few, but then again, too few to mention. When I get close enough to ten, I will post them.
    Here are my ten books.

1) Justice Society of America - a book about the first superhero team and how they still mean something today. James Robinson doing what he wants.

2) All-Star Comics – An original Graphic Novel series with old style, one story, multi-artist JSA stories not necessarily in continuity. Various authors

3) Question – a book about Vic Sage’s dealing with modern, real-life urban problems. Mark Russell relevance

4) Legion of Super-Heroes – a large team of beings from various planets find inspiration from heroes of the past and use that historical example to protect life in the far future. Very Hickmanesque

5) Star Hunters – Donovan Flynt leads a ragtag group of space adventurers against a corporate run Planet Earth in the future.

6) Thriller – The original Fleming/Von Eeden version, not what came afterwards. Near future, slightly advanced tech. Essentially a modern take on old Doc Savage stories. If Doc regularly swapped genders, that is.

7) Super Team Family - a series of limited series where a group of heroes team-up and do stuff. Adventures big enough for multiple heroes, but not quite big enough for line-wide events.

8) Wonder Woman ’68 – a modern take on the O’Neil/Sekowsky era, complete with Emma Peel like fashion. Diana faces a time in which America is deeply questioning everything and operating with God-like powers and abilities may not help her in her quest. Why does a civilization on the verge of walking on the moon continue to kill themselves?

9) JLI/Superbuddies/I can’t believe it’s the Justice League – More DeMatteis/Giffen/Maguire fun.

10) Dr. Fate – Kent and Inza in mystic adventures dealing with the pesky Nabu while they fight for the Lords of Order (who aren’t always the best side to be on).
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

1) Red Robin - Starring Tim Drake, carving him out his own distinct place in the DC universe with Spoiler and Cassandra Cain as supporting cast.

2) Justice Society of America - Set in the modern day with Jay Garrick, Alan Scott and Wildcat at the head of a team of veteran and legacy heroes. I'd also like it to have a back-up feature showing the team's adventures during World War II.

3) Green Lantern - Starring Kyle Rayner, primarily space-based and exploring the full scope of the Green Lantern Corps.

4) Titans - Starring Nightwing, Donna Troy, Starfire, Cyborg, Arsenal, Raven and Beast Boy. I'd like to see this establish the Titans as a significant force in their own right, not just as mentors but as an elite squad.

5) Justice League: Legacy - Starring all of the legacy heroes that DC seems to have forgotten about, overwritten or mistreated; a team led by Wally West and consisting of Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner), Red Robin (Tim Drake), Wonder Girl (Cassie Sandsmark), Superboy (Conner Kent) and Green Arrow (Connor Hawke).

6) Birds of Prey - Starring Oracle, Black Canary, Huntress and a revolving cast of heroines recruited for specific missions.

7) New Gods - Focused on the intergalactic politics surrounding the New Gods and Apokolips, with all of DC's space pantheon up for grabs. Basically DC meets Game of Thrones.

8) Blue Beetle - Starring Jaime Reyes with Ted Kord and Booster Gold as his mentors.

9) Justice League: Omniverse - Essentially a DC version of Marvel's Exiles. Pull together a cast of heroes from across the omniverse and send them on mission to alternate realities.

10) League of Shadows - Starring Cassandra Cain, Connor Hawke, Bronze Tiger, Richard Dragon and Lady Shiva. A chance to delve into the martial arts side of the DC universe.

Spectacular Member

I can pitch titles more than runs. Given the landscape of today my guess is none would actually be profitable for DC to continue, but anywho:

1. Earth 2: JSA--Stories about any era of the golden age of heroes and their legacy from All star squadron type stories to Infinity Inc/Justice Infinity and even Elseworld stuff like continuations of The Liberty File and The Golden Age
    2. House of Mystery with the original I, Vampire continuous run in it
    3. Ambush Bug--make the series a true satire of all things related to superheroes
    4. Shazam!/Isis '74--an updated, but still lighthearted/for younger audiences version of the live action shows
    5. Freedom Fighters--Make this a true dystopian comic about non-costumed (but superpowered) resistance agents fighting in a Nazified world
    6. Legends of the DC Omniverse: Any creative team. Any character. Any time or place. Max arc length: 3 issues
    7. Martian Manhunter and the Outsiders. Same lineup as the original series but with J'onn leading the group
    8. Plastic Man and Elongated Man: Stretching the Truth. Comedy series about two very different personalities with much the same powers opening up a metahuman PI company. Regularly guest stars Detective Chimp
    9. The Omega Men. for Space based adventures
    10. The Superfriends. Team of superheroes led by Space Ghost and consisting of Mightor, Blue Falcon, Black Vulcan, Samurai, Apache Chief, El Dorado, and Rima. Played kinda wacky as the Legends TV series is.
    Last edited by TheBlackTerror; 04-29-2021 at 10:42 AM.