Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default If you could will 10 DC title runs into existence

Simple question. If you could use your will power to bring 10 DC title runs into existence, what would they be?

My ten:

1) Legion of Super Heroes (Pre Zero hour timeline/Paul Levitz)
    2) JLA (With Hal Jordan on the team alongside Green Arrow Black Canary)
    3) Green Arrow
    4) The Question (Vic Sage)
    5) Birds of Prey (Black Canary as lead alongside Huntress)
    6) Zatanna
    7) JSA
    8) Global Guardians
    9) Titans (Classic line up; Dick, Roy, Donna, Wally)
    10) JLA Dark (John Constantine as the lead)
    Last edited by Captain Nostalgia; 04-27-2021 at 11:36 PM.

Powergirl volume 2 (2009) [Jimmy Palmiotti, Justin Gray, Amanda Conner, and Paul Mounts]
    The Terrifics (2018) [Jeff Lemire · Ivan Reis]
    Blue Beetle volume 7 (2006) [John Rogers, Keith Giffen, and Cully Hamner]
    Batman and Robin (2009) [Grant Morison] pre-flashpoint
    Batgirl (2009) [Bryan Q. Miller · Phil Noto]
    Detective Comics v1 #871–881 [Scott Snyder, Jock, and Francesco Francavilla]
    Cyborg vol.1 [David F. Walker and Ivan Reis]{honorable mention to John Semper & team Paul Pelletier, Will Conrad, Tony Kordos} the Character changes they made better reflected where they wanted Cyborg to go at the time, shame it was short-lived. However, I do think Semper did a better job characterizing and flushing out Cyborg's support in his run. It would have been nice to see at least 25 to 50 issues
    Deathstroke vol.1 (2017) [Christopher Priest, Carlo Pagulayan]

Ironically,I can't think of a Nightwing run or Justice League run I'd add to this list when those are my two favorites.

This is tough. I almost added a Titans and Wonder Woman run to this, but I feel like they both ran their course. Same for teams like Justice League Odyssey, Secret Six, or the Nightwing Outsiders. I liked the teams and the characterizations, but I was never fully in love with the premise and overall plot for those titles.
    Last edited by Jabare; 04-28-2021 at 07:04 PM.
    The J-man

The problem with this exercise is the fact that today's DC writers/artists may not be able to live up to what had previously been done on series I'd like to see again.

Not to mention that quite a few writers and artists are no longer with us these days.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    The problem with this exercise is the fact that today's DC writers/artists may not be able to live up to what had previously been done on series I'd like to see again.

Not to mention that quite a few writers and artists are no longer with us these days.
    Well for me, I would rather see a decent writer write a title I like than have my favourites in limbo.
    I'm more curious to see the diverse or popular titles people would like to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Powergirl volume 2 (2009) [Jimmy Palmiotti, Justin Gray, Amanda Conner and Paul Mounts]
    The Terrifics (2018) [Jeff Lemire · Ivan Reis]
    Blue Beetle volume 7 (2006) [John Rogers, Keith Giffen, and Cully Hamner]
    Batman and Robin (2009) [Grant Morison] pre-flashpoint
    Batgirl (2009) [Bryan Q. Miller · Phil Noto]
    Detective Comics v1 #871–881 [Scott Snyder, Jock and Francesco Francavilla]

EDIT more to come just thinking. I'm debating some Superman, Wonder Woman and Cyborg runs
    Power Girl is awesome! I would definitely pick that up.

I didn't read the Terrifics but I'm a big fan of the character from the Robinson/Geoff Johns run....so I would probably check that out to...also because it had Ted Kord in it.

1.Bring back Hellblazer with Spurrier and Campbell.
    2.Sharif with Davood Nassour trying to live up to Superman's example by becoming the hero of Los Angeles (or interest different American city).
    3. Emerald Tiger- a Connor Hawke solo.
    4. An update to the Superfriends's minority characters.
    5. Bowman Security with Roy and a few other characters.
    6. Infinity Inc set in the 1970s.
    7. The Question and Huntress - A twisted rom-com with Vic Sage and Helena Bertillini.
    8. Justice League Dark as a seperate title. John Constantine is optional but replacing him with Ambrose Pierce is fine.
    9. An older Stanley Dover tries his hand at being an occult detective. The monster is his sidekick.
    10. Livewire tries to go legit with Superman as her parole officer.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 04-28-2021 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

You don't seem to understand the nature of comic book imagination threads like this. The idea is NOT to come up with possible. The idea is to talk about what you've liked and would like to see more of. Rather than being a problem, as you ohrase it, it's actually a strength which initiates discussion.

As for my contribution, I have a few, but then again, too few to mention. When I get close enough to ten, I will post them.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

I miss the more obscure teams. With that introduction:

1. Doom Patrol
    2. Challengers of the Unknown
    3. The Terrifics
    4. JSA
    5. Justice League Dark
    6. Freedom Fighters
    7. Legion of Super-Heroes
    8. Secret Six(I miss that dynamic)
    9. Brave and the Bold(rotating cast would be fun, with Batman to bring readers)
    10. Warlord(DC needs to have something other than super-heroes)
    Last edited by etrumble; 04-28-2021 at 01:35 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    Simple question. If you could use your will power to bring 10 DC title runs into existence, what would they be?

My ten:

1) Legion of Super Heroes (Pre Zero hour timeline/Paul Levitz)
    2) JLA (With Hal Jordan on the team alongside Green Arrow Black Canary)
    3) Green Arrow
    4) The Question (Vic Sage)
    5) Birds of Prey (Black Canary as lead alongside Huntress)
    6) Zatanna
    7) JSA
    8) Global Guardians
    9) Titans (Classic line up; Dick, Roy, Donna, Wally)
    10) JLA Dark (John Constantine as the lead)
    Get out of my head Nostalgia,

my ten:
    1) Green Lantern: Emerald Gladiator (Hal Jordan book, Johns, Reis the SCW team supreme)
    2) Legion of Super Heroes (Retroboot version preferably by Hickman but if not him then Johns Fabok on art)
    3) Justice Society of America (the Johns Goyer type version by Johns and if not him the Roy Thomas if he thinks he can do it Finch on art with Mr Terrific/Real Alan Scott/Power Girl/Stargirl)
    4) Titans (Classic line up with Wally and Vic on the team re-establishing the Wolfman timeline)
    5) JLA (with Hal on team at least in rotation) Busiek with Jim Lee on art
    6) Freedom Fighters (Tynion version) that latest mini really rocked more of that
    7) Green Lantern (mainly a Hal/John book written by Hickman and illustrated by Darryl Banks with concepts like L.E.G.I.O.N & Omega Men(Vegan sector in heavy rotation)
    8) Detective Comics (revisiting the Tynion team Batman concept with Azrael and Orphan on the team)
    9) Green Lantern Corps/Tales of the Green Lantern Corp (team concept all lanterns available written by DnA (if not available the Vendetti) illustrated by Rafa/Tales is Grant Morrison or top DC creator's playground for whatever)
    10) The Last God, that was a really well done fantasy book reminded me of Grell's Warlord meets Game of Thrones

I know my ten is heavy on the Green Lanterns but hey it's my favorite DC franchise and I just love the idea of a Green Lantern event being plotted out by Johns/Hickman/DnA. I like the idea of the Johns version of the JSA on their own earth (with Infinity Inc and maybe their own LSH (as long as it isn't the Bendis or 5YL version) but they have to reclaim Mr. Terrific, Power Girl and Star Girl from the crowded earth. Sad thing is all ten of my books would rate above everything DC is putting out right now for me except possibly American Vampire 1976.
    Last edited by EmeraldGladiator; 04-28-2021 at 12:13 PM.

1. Haunted Tank - It's a ghost possessed freaking tank! How is that not cool?
    2. The Creature Commandos - A vampire, a werewolf, and Frankenstein's Monster fighting Nazis in WWII! How is that not cool?
    3. The Creature Commandos and the Haunted Tank - Like, this should just be freaking obvious. A vampire, a werewolf, and Frankenstein's Monster fighting Nazis in WWII with a ghost possessed freaking tank! How is that not cool?
    4. Amethyst, Princess of Gemworld - All I know about her are those DC Nation shorts on CN some years back. Frankly, if the comic is anything like those shorts, I'm sold.
    5. The Creeper - He's like the Joker, only instead of criminally insane he's heroically insane! How can you not love him?
    6. Superman and the Legion of Superheroes - Clark Kent Superman only, not Jon! I want a solid push to get LoSH as a part of Superman's mythos into the mainstream and pop culture.
    7. Detective Chimp - Holy crap I almost forgot about him! He's a detective, and he's a talking chimp! How is that not cool?
    8. Maps - The best character of Gotham Academy. Give her a book. Hell give her all the books!
    9. Maps and the Creature Commandos and Haunted Tank on Gemworld featuring Detective Chimp - I wasn't kidding!
    10. Lois Lane and Krypto the Superdog - I mean, do I even need to explain this one?

1) The Adventures of Blue Beetle: Jaime Reyes is finally in college and has a grasp on the scarab powers.
    2) Doom Patrol: Use the lineup seen in the live action show and create even more unique adventures.
    3) The Fury of Firestorm: Jason and Ronnie team up to figure out the Firestorm matrix
    4) The Amazing Atom: Stars Ryan Choi, a brilliant scientist at Star Labs
    5) Justice League Odyssey: John Stewart leads a team of Vixen, Black Lightning, Dr Light, Atom (Ryan), Blue Beetle (Jaime), Black Condor, Vibe and Katana as they exposure the multiverse
    6) Justice League Dark: Features the animated movie lineup minus Batman with Dr Mist thrown in
    7) Titans: Stars all the Titans added from 1960-2000 as they help metas around the world
    8) Infinity Inc: Stars Courtney’s generation of the JSA
    9) JSA: Follows the classic team with Mr Terrific, Amazing Man and Power Girl thrown in
    10) Batgirls: Stars Cassandra Cain and Stephanie Brown as they train as the next Batgirl
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

1. A Kyle Rayner solo book set on Earth - perhaps even one where he is no longer a Green Lantern, but rather has his own identity and powers, like the brief period where he was Ion.
    2. A Starman series featuring the Will Payton version of the character.
    3. An Elseworlds book starring Captain Atom, Blue Beetle, Nightshade, and the Question set in the late '60s that continues where the old Charlton books left off.
    4. An Earth-S Shazam series.
    5. A Superfriends series that crosses over with Space Ghost, Johnny Quest, Scooby-Doo, Dynomutt, and other Hanna-Barbera characters.
    6. An Amethyst series that's less Game of Thrones and more Star vs. the Forces of Evil.
    7. Metamorpho
    8. Angel & the Ape
    9. A team book featuring DC's non-superhero space characters like Adam Strange, Star Hawkins, Space Ranger, etc. I know some of those characters are supposed to be from the future, but there are ways to make it work.
    10. A Challengers of the Unknown series that expands the roster to include members of the Sea Devils, Cave Carson's team, and Rip Hunter's Time Masters.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

1. Justice League
    2. Titans
    3. Suicide Squad
    4. Action Comics
    5. Batman Incorporated
    6. Sensational Wonders
    7. Lanterns
    8. Atlantis
    9. Arrows
    10. Speed Force

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

1-Power Girl. (I would take Palmiottie/Connor/Grey or Judd Winnick...I thought both did an amazing job.)
    2-JSA
    3-Birds of Prey (with Canary, Huntress, Zinda the Lady Blackhawk and Oracle)
    4-Legion of Super-Heroes (pre-flashpoint.)
    5-Frankenstein, Agent of SHADE
    6-Vixen
    7-Zatanna by Paul Dini
    8-Spoiler by BQM
    9-Young Justice by Peter David & Todd Nauck
    10-Global Guardians by Geoffrey Thorne.

Not in any specific order:

1. Justice League International by Keith Giffen (plots) & J.M. DeMatteis (scripts) and Nicola Scott
    2. Blue Devil by Peter David and Stephen Sadowski
    3. Warlord by Mark Waid and Joe Bennett
    4. Amethyst by Barbara Kesel and J.H. Williams III
    5. Arion by Matt Wagner and Ryan Sook
    6. Shadowpact: The Books of Magic (w/Tim Hunter, Constantine, Dr. Fate, Zatanna, Madame Xanadu, Etrigan, Deadman and Phantom Stranger) by Roger Stern and Gene Colan
    7. Legion of Super-Heroes by Jonathan Hickman (plots) & Paul Levitz (scripts) and Ivan Reis
    8. Omega Men (w/a combined roster of classic Omega Men, modern Omega Men and the United Planets Brigade) by Dan Abnett, Andy Lanning and Jim Lee
    9. Sentinels of Justice (a Golden Age non-JSA team title, w/Crimson Avenger, Sandman, Midnight, Black Canary and Phantom Lady) by Ed Brubaker and Francesco Francavilla
    10. Super Powers: JLA and JSA by Jeff Parker and Evan Shaner, with alternating back-ups by Mike Allred and Tom Scioli
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Extraordinary Member

Well, I don't have any specific runs in mind, but for series:

1. Power Girl
    2. JSA
    3. Captain Atom
    4. Warlord
    5. Fire and Ice
    6. Legion/Rebels
    7. Amethyst POG
    8. Dr. Midnite (was it Wagner who did his mini?)
    9. JLI (Giffen/Demateis)
    10. Showcase, for those characters without a regular home, or only a team book.