Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    I watched that video, and all I saw was Samus and her pet Metroid kill Ridley, stare at his corpse for a while, then leave as the planet explodes.

But, let's say you're somehow right, and Ridley survived that exploding on him. What good does that do him? He doesn't have the strength, the speed, OR the firepower to fight Lord Boros. And even if he somehow, some way manages to give Boros an injury, the guy will just regenerate good as new and keep on fighting.

So really, all his surviving an exploding planet means is that Boros is going to have to beat on him more to win the fight.
    To clarify.

Ridley doesn’t die in that clip. He just gets his ass kicked. Samus kills him and leaves the ashes of his corpse on an exploding planet at another point.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Even if Ridley *had* survived being on the surface of an exploding planet, that probably only indicates that he can survive whatever X-trillionth of a planet-sized explosion hit him, which is probably going to be less impressive than taking a fist-sized strike that contains enough force to launch someone to the moon at something approaching Lightspeed, or being at point blank range of an allegedly planet-razing beam with a diameter smaller than Ridley's body's.

And honestly, I'm wondering how Ridley is even going to perceive Boros, considering their speed and agility difference.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 04-28-2021 at 08:58 PM.

Man if Samus' equipment was anywhere near as powerful as Boros, speedruns would be be a lot more common.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Man if Samus' equipment was anywhere near as powerful as Boros, speedruns would be be a lot more common.
    oatsngoats would love that.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

This is a really weird idea for a fight. Like, I can buy someone underestimating how powerful Superman or Goku is, given the sheer volume of content, low showings, and just different versions out there. But Boros has one appearance and it is extremely visually impressive. I don't understand how you could know who the dude is and think he's a fair match for a Metroid villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    This is a really weird idea for a fight. Like, I can buy someone underestimating how powerful Superman or Goku is, given the sheer volume of content, low showings, and just different versions out there. But Boros has one appearance and it is extremely visually impressive. I don't understand how you could know who the dude is and think he's a fair match for a Metroid villain.
    Cuz, Captain Morgan.

If you ignore the actual canon of the games and interpret what happens however you want, IT'S TOTALLY A FIGHT BRO.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Does Ridley even have the omph to make Boros, nay Boros with his power containing armor still intact, even notice? I've only played the games and no feat really springs to mind to put him anywhere near the upper echelons of the OPM verse

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Does Ridley even have the omph to make Boros, nay Boros with his power containing armor still intact, even notice? I've only played the games and no feat really springs to mind to put him anywhere near the upper echelons of the OPM verse
    not that i can recall. ridley wasn't exactly a powerhouse when it came to fights. he was more like a nemesis that just kept coming back to annoy samus on the regular, either powered up, a robot or a clone. not that he could touch boros anyway.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    not that i can recall. ridley wasn't exactly a powerhouse when it came to fights. he was more like a nemesis that just kept coming back to annoy samus on the regular, either powered up, a robot or a clone. not that he could touch boros anyway.
    I disagree that Ridley isn't a powerhouse, in his own verse that is. Dude can fly through space (at least from a space station to a planet, not sure if he can pull off longer trips), smash through stone structures without slowing down and generally hits as hard as other creatures that are way bigger than him, if not harder. His boss fights tend to be some of the more challenging (and fun) in the games he's in, so he's generally portrayed as an even match against the walking armory that is Samus Aran.

It's just that none of that means anything against Boros who is so much stronger, faster and more durable that he'll barely even notice that Ridley is there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I disagree that Ridley isn't a powerhouse, in his own verse that is. Dude can fly through space (at least from a space station to a planet, not sure if he can pull off longer trips), smash through stone structures without slowing down and generally hits as hard as other creatures that are way bigger than him, if not harder. His boss fights tend to be some of the more challenging (and fun) in the games he's in, so he's generally portrayed as an even match against the walking armory that is Samus Aran.

It's just that none of that means anything against Boros who is so much stronger, faster and more durable that he'll barely even notice that Ridley is there.
    i meant more in the rumbles sense. never said he was a push-over for samus.

Ridley is pretty badass admittedly.

But there is nothing.....NOTHING...that suggests he would be in the same league as Boros