Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I'll miss "B-Negative". Hope the design returns somehow.

Need a new name tho.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I guess then you have that old dilema, would you rather your favorites not be used, or be badly used? There is no correct answer, of course. A lot of personal preferences and opinion go into this. I was quite satisfied with how the New Warriors was used in the last time they were around (by Yost), whereas I didn't really care for the reality TV phase (which includes the Civil War debacle) and the Ex-mutants phase. I have to say all I was seeing of this new phase also didn't make me want to pick on the book, so I had already decided to give it a pass, so now I'm waiting for the next iteration, and hoping it'll be more to my liking.

Peace
    Well, we can never know if the characters were being badly used or not if the book never comes out, can we? The whole outrage over this book was over how things looked, and not the actual content, which no one actually got to see. With the book not coming out, the New Warriors actually looked worse, because they were just treated like antagonists on the main Champions book and we never got to see their side of the story. I'm still convinced Kibblesmith was probably going to make the team look more sympathetic and possibly redeem themselves by the end of the Outlawed arc. But now we may never know, and the characters just ended up looking like a bunch of cop douches who sent kids to reeducation camps.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post

Need a new name tho.
    He was my favorite too. I actually really liked the idea of a Morbius legacy hero. If anything remains from that failed new team, I hope it's him.

And I actually love the cheesy name pun, so I don't mind. lol
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 04-28-2021 at 11:17 AM.

Still think the backlash to Snowflake and Safespace was overblown -- it was clearly about them reclaiming negative terms that are used against them while having legit superpowers that fit them, and obviously a bit tongue-in-cheek.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Well, we can never know if the characters were being badly used or not if the book never comes out, can we?
    I don't know. I don't have to be in a trainwreck to know it's not somewhere I want to be. Case in point, I always knew tha reality TV New Warriors were - for me, for what I look for in comics, for the history I had with the characters -a terrible idea. So, I never picked it up, but got to see how terribly it made them seem in Civil War, when they were treated as a joke. However, recently, in a sale, I thought, well, let it never be said I'm against trying new things, since it's so cheap, I'm gonna check it out. I couldn't finish the book. It actually surpassed my expectations on how bad it was. So, when a writer who says that he never picked up New Warriors as a kid, because he used to feel intimidated by the figure of Night Thrasher is given the job of writing a New Warrors book, yeah, the trainwreck alarm goes up in my head. Also, while I appreciated the art in itself, I didn't like the designs. So, having those factors in mind, I had already decided to give itr a pass, and, since I skiped completly the Outlawed event, I'm good. Now, I only wish Marvel would continue to release the original run in trades.

Peace
    Last edited by Nomads1; 04-28-2021 at 11:31 AM.

It's probably cancelled it would've came out by now. COTA dropped already.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Need a new name tho.
    Me too, I wanted to see the magic backpack girl in action.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

I was hoping it would come out. oh welll....

maybe they could pop up in Champions?

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    It's probably cancelled it would've came out by now. COTA dropped already.
    Yeah, that's another book that isn't officially part of Outlawed but uses the Kamala's Law status quo.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Need a new name tho.
    He was the only one with promise to me...but would need some serious work.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I don't know. I don't have to be in a trainwreck to know it's not somewhere I want to be. Case in point, I always knew tha reality TV New Warriors were - for me, for what I look for in comics, for the history I had with the characters -a terrible idea. So, I never picked it up, but got to see how terribly it made them seem in Civil War, when they were treated as a joke. However, recently, in a sale, I thought, well, let it never be said I'm against trying new things, since it's so cheap, I'm gonna check it out. I couldn't finish the book. It actually surpassed my expectations on how bad it was. So, when a writer who says that he never picked up New Warriors as a kid, because he used to feel intimidated by the figure of Night Thrasher is given the job of writing a New Warrors book, yeah, the trainwreck alarm goes up in my head. Also, while I appreciated the art in itself, I didn't like the designs. So, having those factors in mind, I had already decided to give itr a pass, and, since I skiped completly the Outlawed event, I'm good. Now, I only wish Marvel would continue to release the original run in trades.

Peace
    There should be a requirement before taking on characters that you read goodly portion of their appearances starting at the beginning.

They all have histories before the new writer comes along....he or she needs to do the homework before doing anything with them.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Is there reason to think that wasn't done?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Is there reason to think that wasn't done?
    When a writer goes completely against everything at character has been portrayed as before...yes. This series had the NW acting as 'The Man' and rounding up underage heroes.

That does sound hypocritical for people who started as teen heroes themselves. The New Warriors of the 90s were very much like the Champions of today. However, it's not really out of character for Justice and Speedball, who did train teen heroes at Avengers Academy. Speedball was also doing something very similar in the aftermath of the first Civil War, when he was Penance.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    When a writer goes completely against everything at character has been portrayed as before...yes. This series had the NW acting as 'The Man' and rounding up underage heroes.
    Feel like that's hard to blame the writer for since that was something baked into the Outlawed status quo from what I remember.

It's a shame it'll never come out, only because I would have loved to see Nita again, after so many years of non-development since her return. Plus I would love to see Angel and Vance's opinion on the Nation of Krakoa. Those new kids, I couldn't care less about, so c'est la vie.

They could at least show what happened to them in Champions, since that book inherited the artist NW was supposed to have and is the source of the Outlawed status quo.