Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    That's how I see it. It was a tie with Chad.
    I second that motion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    That's how I see it. It was a tie with Chad.
    It's a logical choice… although not a satisfying outcome. I hope everything goes fine for Scott Taylor…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    If he doesn't show, does that mean the runner-up gets the next Contest?
    Sure! It's only fair.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I hope Scott is Okay.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I hope Scott is Okay.
    I second that wholeheartedly.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

In the event the winner doesn't post a new one I feel they should be afforded an entire week and it just goes as a loss of a contest if a new contest is not put in. I feel the runner-up should should be allowed to have the full term optimally following such a case. You could can always put in a 'snow day' as in a single week the winner can come back to pose a new contest for circumstances I guess because this will happen. Maybe in the middle of the year. :shrug:

That's how I interpret the bylaws. There are no bylaws right?

Do hope Scott's OK, he's a regular.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    In the event the winner doesn't post a new one I feel they should be afforded an entire week and it just goes as a loss of a contest if a new contest is not put in. I feel the runner-up should should be allowed to have the full term optimally following such a case. You could can always put in a 'snow day' as in a single week the winner can come back to pose a new contest for circumstances I guess because this will happen. Maybe in the middle of the year. :shrug:

That's how I interpret the bylaws. There are no bylaws right?

Do hope Scott's OK, he's a regular.
    Well, does ChadH feel short changed if he started today? I think most covers are posted the first few days of the contest anyway. Chad?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I hope Scott is Okay.
    Same here. I emailed him twice but got no response.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I know in the past we’ve given 24 hours after the winner is declared with the runner-up posting a new contest if the winner is a no-show. I can’t do it right this minute anyway, so I’ll wait until I get home from work at 6:00 pm central and if Scott hasn’t responded I’ll go. I share everyone’s hopes that he’s okay and would prefer to not have it go like this. I voted for him myself and honestly think he had the better cover so am hoping he jumps in at the last minute.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    I know in the past we’ve given 24 hours after the winner is declared with the runner-up posting a new contest if the winner is a no-show. I can’t do it right this minute anyway, so I’ll wait until I get home from work at 6:00 pm central and if Scott hasn’t responded I’ll go. I share everyone’s hopes that he’s okay and would prefer to not have it go like this. I voted for him myself and honestly think he had the better cover so am hoping he jumps in at the last minute.
    This sounds good to me Chad.
    And of course, we all hope Scott is just busy elsewhere.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Yeah, I also hope Scott is okay and just busy. I mean, if I'd won last week, though, I'd have totally missed my window since I was very busy with finals for a few days. I assumed a similar situation was in play here.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I forgot to check in on this thread myself so maybe that is it. I hope Scott is OK

Many people get distracted by real life and skip visiting the forum for several days or even weeks. Hopefully, that is all it is.

I'm okay with skipping a week. when Scott shows up he can post a new contest for next week.

edit: Scratch that. Looks like Chad has one up already.
    Last edited by Tami; 05-07-2021 at 04:05 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

I am ok, very much appreciate the concerns!

It was a tough last week, had to go out of town unexpectedly to a remote area starting on Tuesday and through Thursday, then get up early Friday and drive about 500 miles north to celebrate Mother's Day with my family. Didn't get back until late last night. Didn't log in until today. So thank you for taking over, ChadH!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    I am ok, very much appreciate the concerns!

It was a tough last week, had to go out of town unexpectedly to a remote area starting on Tuesday and through Thursday, then get up early Friday and drive about 500 miles north to celebrate Mother's Day with my family. Didn't get back until late last night. Didn't log in until today. So thank you for taking over, ChadH!
    These are… well, good news…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe