Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Covers lie and so do solits. The writers frequently aren't the ones who get to write the solicitation blurb, so there can be miscommunication about which story thread is getting followed up on in which issue. As said upthread, it happens.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 04-28-2021 at 08:51 AM.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    That's beside the point. The solicitation said something about the story which was completely false. If a book is marketed as having Wolverine and he never shows, is that ok? Is it ok to market Jean or Magneto as appearing and not even mention them in the actual issue? I know Warlock was mentioned, but given how this was advertised there is no excuse for him not appearing. It is false advertising and an outright lie about their product. It's exactly the sort of thing I said Marvel wouldn't do by putting multiple people from the fan vote on the new X-Men team. But if you are fine with the company literally lying about the books you purchase, then I guess they can lie all they want.
    A lot if the time solicits are written before the book is completely written and based off a loose plot. Stories occasionally take a different track. If they upset you that much when they differ, perhaps you should not read solicits.

I don’t pay too much attention to solicitations after they initially come out so I didn’t even notice the difference.

I think this issue needs to be bookmarked for every time a new thread is started about how “there are no mutants who don’t want to live on Krakoa, that the mutants are too prideful, or that the resurrection protocols are cheap.” Still, it would have been more impactful if it was a pre-established character that made these arguments.

I still feel really bad for Gabby and I’m happy that the other plots are moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    A lot if the time solicits are written before the book is completely written and based off a loose plot. Stories occasionally take a different track. If they upset you that much when they differ, perhaps you should not read solicits.
    Same reason why covers sometimes don't have much to do with the interior content. If the writer doesn't have any solid directions by the time the artist gets started, or if the story focus changes, ah well.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Really? There are books that say 'Wolverine does x' and don't have Wolverine in them? There are books that say 'Guest-starring Spider-Man' and don't have Spider-Man in them? There's a difference between misleading or different and outright lies. X of Swords was misleading, but not a lie. If the lies are this egregious all the time then something really needs to change at Marvel. It is unacceptable to sell any product based on such false information.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Really? There are books that say 'Wolverine does x' and don't have Wolverine in them? There are books that say 'Guest-starring Spider-Man' and don't have Spider-Man in them? There's a difference between misleading or different and outright lies. X of Swords was misleading, but not a lie. If the lies are this egregious all the time then something really needs to change at Marvel. It is unacceptable to sell any product based on such false information.
    I mean Marvel lies with covers ALL THE TIME. For example, Jean was on the cover of Marauders issue #13 and was nowhere to be seen in the issue. Some thing with Storm and the Women of Marvel comic. I see the frustration with a written solicitation, but the storyline probably just got moved to the next issue. I highly doubt it was malicious.

I'm sorry but Josh's argument make zero sense to me.

"Krakoa tries too hard to make us feel special." like bro what are you even talking about. By definition the fact that you are a mutant on a mutant island makes you not special since everyone on the island is a mutant. No one was forcing him to stay on the island or do anything he didn't want to do so what in the world is he going on about? "No one looks at me twice unless I call them over" you are far from the weirdest looking mutant on the island.

Yet the people who are running around calling you witchbreed treat you better than mutants do huh? If he had just said that he wanted to explore otherworld because he thought it was cool I'd be fine with that, but all that other stuff he was talking was pure non sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post

"Krakoa tries too hard to make us feel special." like bro what are you even talking about. By definition the fact that you are a mutant on a mutant island makes you not special since everyone on the island is a mutant. No one was forcing him to stay on the island or do anything he didn't want to do so what in the world is he going on about? "No one looks at me twice unless I call them over" you are far from the weirdest looking mutant on the island.

Yet the people who are running around calling you witchbreed treat you better than mutants do huh? If he had just said that he wanted to explore otherworld because he thought it was cool I'd be fine with that, but all that other stuff he was talking was pure non sense.
    Well according to Anole there IS bias against the non-passing mutants. Sometimes it’s the discrimination that comes from your own community that hurts the most.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Anole fans better brace themselves.

Farouk's speech had me feeling bad for him ngl.

Why the hell was Roma presented as so antagonistic? Good grief.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Well according to Anole there IS bias against the non-passing mutants. Sometimes it’s the discrimination that comes from your own community that hurts the most.
    That's a mental thing from Anole. He is judging his looks based on human standards of beauty by wanting to look more human. That's his problem from a mental stand point thinking he isn't fitting in.

Incredible Member

Did Dani go through the Crucible to regain her mutant powers or is it just another forgotten plot-point? Also, does she still have her Valkyrie powers?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post

He's not talking about his station. He's talking about the pomp and circumstance of his station. Which, you'd be pretty crazy to think that Krakoa isn't big on celebrating and grandizing everything. From Exodus story time, to Magneto's "You have new Gods now." to the massive parties with every resurrection. It's all around making people feel special.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    Did Dani go through the Crucible to regain her mutant powers or is it just another forgotten plot-point? Also, does she still have her Valkyrie powers?
    Dani regained her powers in a previous run. And she regained her Valkyrie powers in a tie in.

Fantastic Member

I’m glad Karma is doing the Crucible. She needs a serious power upgrade.

Extraordinary Member

Even if Krakoan society doesn't judge people for how they look, there will still be people who still don't like how their mutation has changed them and preferred how they looked before. And getting rid of concepts like 'human standards of beauty' is not something that will happen overnight. Something like that would take a generation.

Also, it seems Cosmar and No-Girl are now able to move people's consciousnesses into other bodies without Farouk's help.
    Last edited by sunofdarkchild; 04-28-2021 at 10:03 AM.