Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    From issue 15, I'd say that his powers involve some kind of mental manipulation. Probably why the Shadow King wanted him in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    I understood from that issue that he had some kind of telepathy. I think the x-men assume this is Farouk and not the Shadow King. Because he mentions having found the "thing with the teeth" or something like that. Maybe his mind is just twisted beyond healing.
    That makes sense. But it still begs the question of why they didn't double check to be sure that this is the person and not the dangerous evil spirit they've handled. And regardless of whether he's possessed or mentally broken, someone should have been keeping an eye on him in either situation.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    That was the most real part to me. You don't think Anole want's to have this conversation with Storm, Jean Emma? But when you think about the history, when you think about them being figures in authority are you really going to run to them with something like that. I think for him, it was very real to have that moment with gabby, someone who in his mind he thought looked normal, didn't know her history but was able to so eloquently explain to him that scars are more than just what is on the outside. She also was very respectful and wise in stating it may not mean anything now but it would in the future. and not to try to put x-men in a category but for story purposes if anole mentions dani, someone who is suppose to listen a little better but is actually extremely busy, literally, he can only suspect Storm, Jean, and Emma have no time.

There are so many posts i want to respond to in here but for me the story speaks for itself.
    Them being figures of authority who always place themselves in charge is exactly why this conversation should be had with them. It would at least carry a lot more weight than it does here. Gabby is a literal child, and even though Anole's age seems to have regressed he's still much older than her. Gabby isn't even conventionally attractive with her facial scars. Its just bizarre that he would throw this on her of all people. This kind of conversation should happen, and really needed to happen sooner in X-comics in general. Just not with Gabby of all people.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    So...what was the point of all this exactly?
    Shadow King continues his manipulation this time with Wolfbane

Dani and Mirage now have a no question asked favor to the Kingdom of Faye (enemy of Merlin politics)

Josh is mapping Otherworld for the mutants

Mirage wants to to do crucible

Anole and the kids are experimenting with mind swapping and are planning on doing that with bodies that are not theirs which is not allowed with resurrection.

There were lots of plot lines that got started and ended

Quote Originally Posted by TraneTrax View Post
    I loved everything about this issue! I can understand some people not loving the Otherworld stuff, but it gave the artist a chance to draw some pretty fun and exciting things.
    I truly enjoy Warpath's journal entries.It's a lot more insight into his head than we've previously had.
    I'm interested in Dani and Xi'an's powers interacting in this new way we haven't seen before. There are so many psychics, and I like that the ones with very specific powers (Dani, Karma, Prodigy, Empath etc) are in the hands of writers that understand how interesting those powers can be with some creativity.

I also feel a little behind for not putting together that the younger mutants all have physical mutations with the exception of Gabby (whom is quickly becoming one of my absolute faves)
    I was hoping back in the Academy X era that there would be a story about the more human looking mutants versus students with visible mutations, but I don't think the writers at the time had the range. I'm very glad it's getting addressed here. Vita is doing some amazing work.
    Vita is just fantastic. Not many writers make me think on this level. I was on comixology today looking for more of their stuff and didn't even realize my fave Batgirl run was done by Vita. lol Nevermind that was Hope Larson but those come up when i search for Vita stuff. weird. I'm actually on looking now. lol I did come across something called Cosmic Love and didn't know ayala did art. comixology is werid.
    Last edited by jwatson; 04-28-2021 at 06:04 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Them being figures of authority who always place themselves in charge is exactly why this conversation should be had with them. It would at least carry a lot more weight than it does here. Gabby is a literal child, and even though Anole's age seems to have regressed he's still much older than her. Gabby isn't even conventionally attractive with her facial scars. Its just bizarre that he would throw this on her of all people. This kind of conversation should happen, and really needed to happen sooner in X-comics in general. Just not with Gabby of all people.
    I think your right about who he should be having these conversations with, but since it was an emotional outburst I get why I happened around Gabby.

Also props to Vita for developing the core cast while also weaving an interesting plot for the supporting characters.

This issue was an A+. Vita is doing a great job at juggling multiple plots.

From my experience most teenagers are impulsive. So it makes sense that Anole and crew are taking matters into their own hands after the adults basically told them "it gets better" spiel. The kids motivations totally makes sense to me. Krakoa is the stuff of dreams and some mutants want to reap the benefits of it. At some point it becomes cruel to deny them of their mutant birthright.

Also, if Dani goes through the crucible with Karma, Cosmar has every right to be angry.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy! View Post
    Also, if Dani goes through the crucible with Karma, Cosmar has every right to be angry.
    YES! That was my first thought - if Dani says yes, Cos is going be furious and heartbroken.

And I thought Josh's motivations made sense. Back home, being a mutant was always going to be the loudest part of his identity, no matter what he did or wanted. Krakoa's the flip side - after a while, a 24/7 celebration of a part of yourself you're just kinda OK on gets old.

From my experience most teenagers are impulsive. So it makes sense that Anole and crew are taking matters into their own hands after the adults basically told them "it gets better" spiel. The kids motivations totally makes sense to me. Krakoa is the stuff of dreams and some mutants want to reap the benefits of it. At some point it becomes cruel to deny them of their mutant birthright.

That's the part that's got me conflicted. If they have Cosmar go through the crucible to possibly be reborn as more baseline human looking, what kind of message does that send to the other physically mutated mutants, especially the characters like Anole that can't use resurrection to modify their appearances?

That's the part that's got me conflicted. If they have Cosmar go through the crucible to possibly be reborn as more baseline human looking, what kind of message does that send to the other physically mutated mutants, especially the characters like Anole that can't use resurrection to modify their appearances?
    That they can look as they want? I don't see a problem on that

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    YES! That was my first thought - if Dani says yes, Cos is going be furious and heartbroken.

And I thought Josh's motivations made sense. Back home, being a mutant was always going to be the loudest part of his identity, no matter what he did or wanted. Krakoa's the flip side - after a while, a 24/7 celebration of a part of yourself you're just kinda OK on gets old.
    He is just a atention seeker

Basically what Rang10 said.

Humans do it all the time to both positive and negative outcomes. Some lessons are learned while others aren't. That's life and the world will still turn.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post

Dani and Mirage now have a no question asked favor to the Kingdom of Faye (enemy of Merlin politics)

Mirage wants to to do crucible

It is Karma and not Mirage.

Mirage was the old code name for Dani. Dani's new codename should be Moonstar although not many people use it.

Actually, Dani was referred to as Mirage this issue.

Incredible Member

No she doesn't. Xi'an is an *ADULT* making an *ADULT* decision. Cosmar is like Pixie, who just made a similar,bratty whim decision.

If these are the sort of choices Pixie,Anole and Cosmar with the rest of that crowd are going to be making, let them do it somewhere else---not here.

Kinda sad when you have a 10-year old who's more of an adult than Anole is.

It's pretty clear you don't understand the problem Xi'an is facing or why crucible is pretty much the only solution to it as Dani inadvertently pointed out.

Wonder if they're going to bring Illyana into this to basically help untangle Xi'an and Tran again.
    Last edited by rcaguy; 04-28-2021 at 09:34 PM.

So much for people not talking about New Mutants. Vita is bad lol.

Can someone explain to me why Dani and X’ian need the crucible? Don’t the both have their mutant abilities?
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Extraordinary Member

If she was more trustworthy the best person to talk to would be Mystique. Someone who could pass for human but chooses not to and is proud to look abnormal.

Magik also can relate to these 'non-passing' mutants in a way characters like Dani can't given her Darkchild form. That seems to be why she forms the Dark Riders in the first place. The big difference is there are real problems with that form that don't apply to physical changes caused by mutations. It's evil and dangerous as opposed to just conventionally ugly. But it makes sense that the kids aren't turning to her. Anole has bad history with her and to the others her current status would make her seem aloof like Storm and Emma.

The problem isn't that Anole or Cosmar dislike how they look and want to look more 'normal.' The problem is that the lengths they are willing to go to 'fix' this includes inflicting self-harm. Right now I blame Farouk's influence for this. He may think he's trying to help, but he's causing serious long-term mental harm. Karma isn't going to the crucible to get her leg back. She's going to try to help her brother and possibly free herself from his influence forever. That's very different from Cosmar who just wants to look like she did before.

The New Mutants really have bitten off more than they can chew. Illyana, Dani, Xi'an, James, and Rahne seem to be the only ones taking care of the kids. That's 5 people taking care of everyone on Krakoa under the age of 18. There's no way they could handle that on their own even if they all devoted themselves full-time to that. And they aren't. Magik's busy all the time between being a captain, teaching at Strange Academy, and everything else she does. Rahne's been stuck in her own headspace because of the situation with her son and would still be crying in her room if Farouk didn't come. And Dani seems to have her hands full just being Rahne and Xi'an's therapist. The only one who seems to be able to devote himself full-time to the kids is James, but he doesn't seem to be doing anything other than leading training sessions and filling out Dani's journal.