Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Just looked up #18's solicitation. Those white rabbits make a lot more sense now.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Just looked up #18's solicitation. Those white rabbits make a lot more sense now.
    The solicit text have been very misleading and nothing to do with the content of the issues in modern times but the cover might reveal a little bit of info.

It seems that issue #18 focus is on Karma and Tran (rabbit).

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Im getting real sick of Cosmar.
    I'm also getting sick of Cosmar and Anole, I would prefer the writer focus on the core New Mutants.

Where have Magik and Warpath vanished too?
    Last edited by ericng; 04-29-2021 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    I'm also getting sick of Cosmar and Anole, I would prefer the writer focus on the core New Mutants.

Where have Magik and Warpath vanished too?
    The data pages set something up between Warpath and Warlock. Warpath is concerned about Warlock's attempts at finding himself beyond being Doug's partner. So we might get some bonding time.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 04-29-2021 at 08:02 PM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I mostly didn't like the part where Merlin let them go for shits and giggles after the big deal of them getting captured just to break into Roma's house. The Otherworld part could've been streamlined for Jamie sending to close as Josh as possible and track him down in the Otherworld city.
    "Cable was right!"

Mighty Member

I mean, Merlin didn't let them go for shits n giggles, he let them go to try and get something from Roma, which is totally in keeping with how Merlin would roll.

Also I think a big part of that entire adventure was Otherworld in and of itself. Just dropping them next to Josh would do little to flehs that world out.

And lemme be clear. if you waste 24 god damn chapters of this era about that place, you best give me some context for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I mostly didn't like the part where Merlin let them go for shits and giggles after the big deal of them getting captured just to break into Roma's house. The Otherworld part could've been streamlined for Jamie sending to close as Josh as possible and track him down in the Otherworld city.
    But then they wouldn't owe Roma a favour. I expect that's going to be important down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    I mean, Merlin didn't let them go for shits n giggles, he let them go to try and get something from Roma, which is totally in keeping with how Merlin would roll.

Also I think a big part of that entire adventure was Otherworld in and of itself. Just dropping them next to Josh would do little to flehs that world out.

And lemme be clear. if you waste 24 god damn chapters of this era about that place, you best give me some context for it.
    Lol, indeed. And I quite like what they did with Otherworld. Dani's powers looked amazing last issue. And the playful fairytale vibe was much more on point that during X of Swords. I like that Otherworld in this run is kinda like Asgard was in the old one, the high fantasy place where they have adventures every now and then. I hope Dani does not become Captain Britania.

Lol, that would be a bit much, wouldn't it?

I enjoyed this little tour of the Otherworld, but then, I skipped X of Swords. I'm really looking forward to next issue after reading this. It's going to be a long month...

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    Lol, indeed. And I quite like what they did with Otherworld. Dani's powers looked amazing last issue. And the playful fairytale vibe was much more on point that during X of Swords. I like that Otherworld in this run is kinda like Asgard was in the old one, the high fantasy place where they have adventures every now and then. I hope Dani does not become Captain Britania.
    I find the idea of a native american stealing cultural heritage of one of the world's most notorious colonial powers hilarious.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    . I hope Dani does not become Captain Britania.
    Dani should become Captain Amerindian and not Captain Britain.

Fantastic Member

I have to say, I enjoyed and could follow this presentation of Otherworld much more than anything in Excalibur. And it was still weird and upside down!

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    I find the idea of a native american stealing cultural heritage of one of the world's most notorious colonial powers hilarious.
    Then they should make her Captain America.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    They both already have their mutant abilities. Dani doesn't need the crucible, it is Karma who needs it.

Karma might think that if she were to die, her and her brother's souls would separate and would be born into two bodies once again.

Correct me if someone thinks I am wrong about this.

I think Tran is coming back and so is Rahne's son. It will be a happy reunion, sort of.
    If they don't want to bring him back then odds are that if they do there is not gong to be any happiness abound.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    She thinks if she dies they can bring both her and her brother back in separate bodies. I don't know why the can't just build a new body for Tran, though. Maybe she's just doing it to jump the queue.
    Will they even let her go through that when she doesn't have despite her reasoning? Also they have three powerful telepaths and nobody is thinking "Hey maybe Jean, Frost or Xavier can pull him out and have a body ready for him." I mean they won't bring back Rahne's son for reason i don't fully grasp, yet they would allow her to do this? Doesn't make sense to.