Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I'd be fully for that, the fighting game part is okay but what I really enjoy about NRS is how they craft a single player story mode which imo is easily the best amongst any of the current fighting games

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

hype just for the customization options

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    I'd be fully for that, the fighting game part is okay but what I really enjoy about NRS is how they craft a single player story mode which imo is easily the best amongst any of the current fighting games
    I think NRS story modes is one of their weakest contributions. The way they format their story modes make it impossible for the villains to feel like threats. They never win. It never takes the time to develop their side of the conflict neither and when you have like 7 or 8 hours to work with that's inexcusable.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Does any other studio really bother with story modes properly besides Nether Realm though? Infinite’s was clearly a half assed attempt to do the same. Seems like most fighting games can’t even be be bothered to make Arcade mode fun to complete with end videos or unlocks. The only company I have seen that created a stellar story mode for a fighting game recently was Arc Systems with Dragonball Fighterz.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Does any other studio really bother with story modes properly besides Nether Realm though? Infinite’s was clearly a half assed attempt to do the same. Seems like most fighting games can’t even be be bothered to make Arcade mode fun to complete with end videos or unlocks. The only company I have seen that created a stellar story mode for a fighting game recently was Arc Systems with Dragonball Fighterz.
    Arc Systems. If you don't mind the visual novel style presentation Blazblue got a rich story behind it. It's confusing as all hell but it's there. Guilty Gear Xrd straight up gives us a movie and I honestly prefer that it a fighting game wants to give me a story

I do often think it would be great if Arc Systems got the chance to make a Marvel fighting game that's more comic style. Nether Realm I have more confidence with making something that feels more like MCU Marvel, more cinematic. But I love the level of fan service and character interactions you can have in DBFZ's story mode, and thinking how that could be with a Marvel game is fun.

This'd be a great spot for Shang-Chi to finally make his video game debut.

If it's MCU stuff only, I'm out. But if they include some X-Men (Storm!), I'd totally be down.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    If it's MCU stuff only, I'm out. But if they include some X-Men (Storm!), I'd totally be down.
    They could do an X-Men only one and an Avengers/Spider-Man only one if they want to include huge rosters from both groups.

Astonishing Member

No thanks, NRS's fighting game style doesn't do it for me.

https://www.cbr.com/netherrealms-mar...ng-game-leaks/

Not sure if I can believe that they’d pick Blob as an X-Men villain over Juggernaut or Magneto, or not include Scarlet Witch and Captain Marvel and only have Kitty Pryde for the X-Men (likely the hardest character to capture properly in a fighting game, awesome as it would be to finally get her due) or only have five female characters altogether. So I call shinanagens on this one.

Not sure if I can believe that they’d pick Blob as an X-Men villain over Juggernaut or Magneto, or not include Scarlet Witch and Captain Marvel and only have Kitty Pryde for the X-Men (likely the hardest character to capture properly in a fighting game, awesome as it would be to finally get her due) or only have five female characters altogether. So I call shinanagens on this one.
    Knowing how much NRS loves the 80s and 90s having such a large X-men focus doesn't surprise me at all. They were Marvel during that time period.

Astonishing Member

If they're still shopping for a developer I say give ArcSys a shot.

That list is poo. Kitty as the only X-Woman over Storm, Rogue, or Jean? Pfft.

Also Mojo over Spiral makes me sad since Spiral was so fun in Marvel vs. Capcom 2.

Hannibal King gives away the leak as false. If there's gonna be a vampire supervillain it's gonna be Dracula given how heavily Marvel's been pushing him the last few years. I'm also very skeptical the roster wouldn't have Ms. Marvel, Storm or Captain Marvel.

Oh and Kylo Ren. Disney generally does not allow for those sorts of crossovers in other media outside of stuff like Disney Infinity. And, frankly, given how quickly the company has decided to pivot away from the sequel trilogy after the underperformance of Rise of Skywalker, there's no way you can convince me the Star Wars guest character wouldn't be Mando or Darth Vader.