Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Yh that will be sick.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I had assumed that would mean it would go faster than Hickmans normal pace, instead of slower.
    Why though? Big difference between Hickman's other works and this one is he's never really been given this level of creative control over an ENTIRE line of comic books.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Why though? Big difference between Hickman's other works and this one is he's never really been given this level of creative control over an ENTIRE line of comic books.
    In other words, paid to have his name in the credits of multiple books that basically sell themselves. No offense to Hickman, but he has no incentive to push his story yet and I am not sure Marvel even wants him to.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    In other words, paid to have his name in the credits of multiple books that basically sell themselves. No offense to Hickman, but he has no incentive to push his story yet and I am not sure Marvel even wants him to.
    His incentive to push his story forward is that he's writing it...it's not his fault that there are impatient people who can't handle "dangling" plot threads taking more than 2 issues to resolve. The X-Men and mutantkind have an entirely new status quo, society, country, social leverage they've never had before...this is a long game story and all of those aspects deserve their own time to be explored in-depth. I don't know how these readers would have dealt with Claremont's plotting if they can't handle this.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    His incentive to push his story forward is that he's writing it...it's not his fault that there are impatient people who can't handle "dangling" plot threads taking more than 2 issues to resolve. The X-Men and mutantkind have an entirely new status quo, society, country, social leverage they've never had before...this is a long game story and all of those aspects deserve their own time to be explored. I don't know how these readers would have dealt with Claremont's plotting if they can't handle this.
    2 issues is a bit different than 2 years. The new status quo I guess is nice if you like the new take, but nearly 2 full years in being how long it takes to get from the start to the X-Men book actually being about a team of X-Men that isn't about isolationist ethnonationalism is a bit of a drag for the rest of us.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    His incentive to push his story forward is that he's writing it...it's not his fault that there are impatient people who can't handle "dangling" plot threads taking more than 2 issues to resolve. The X-Men and mutantkind have an entirely new status quo, society, country, social leverage they've never had before...this is a long game story and all of those aspects deserve their own time to be explored in-depth. I don't know how these readers would have dealt with Claremont's plotting if they can't handle this.
    Come on, even the 20 issues of Claremont's worst period were more eventful than this. What has Hickman done worth talking about post HoXPoX, that makes 20 issues worth buying? If this book was coming out all by itself without the other X-Books to keep people interested, everyone would have bailed.

Come on, even the 20 issues of Claremont's worst period were more eventful than this. What has Hickman done worth talking about post HoXPoX, that makes 20 issues worth buying? If this book was coming out all by itself without the other X-Books to keep people interested, everyone would have bailed.
    To me the whole era is worth talking about and it is his vision. It may not be what people are use to but in my opinion this is how a line should work. One overall vision from your head writer/director and the books falling in line rather than everyone approaching the same overall problem differently. I give Hickman high respect for the trust he has to put in an era that at the end of the day no matter who wrote what will fall at his feet ultimately.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    To me the whole era is worth talking about and it is his vision. It may not be what people are use to but in my opinion this is how a line should work. One overall vision from your head writer/director and the books falling in line rather than everyone approaching the same overall problem differently. I give Hickman high respect for the trust he has to put in an era that at the end of the day no matter who wrote what will fall at his feet ultimately.
    Exactly, he has no reason to push his story and neither does Marvel, and he has the power to step in control the line if and when it dips.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I'm just saying that to me this era is like if they announced that Superior Spider-Man was going to last five years. I trust in the end that Hickman knows what he's doing, but it's definitely glacial getting to that payoff.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    Part of Mystique revenge is to upstage Emma at the Hellfire Gala it seems

Attachment 109020
    Emma stands no chance, not only does Mystique pull off the 'macabre' pretty look in her own skin, she can pull off any look in the book literally including Emma's.No competition

I don’t see it as a black and white thing. Yes, there’s probably an abridged version of this story that Hickman could tell in 2-3 years, but I don’t think he’s adding details into his run purely for the sake of dragging it out (besides XoS that was clearly dragged tf out). I also never viewed the other titles as a way to speed up the story but as a way to address different aspects of the story that Hickman wasn’t necessarily going to get to. Now other writers don’t have to tell their Krakoa related stories within a certain time frame because there’s room and flexibility within the line.

So yes, I think the 4-5 years is partially driven by commercial reasons but I think there are creative reasons as well. It doesn’t really frustrate me, but I’ve also been following the One Piece manga for the past 12 years and patiently waited for that story to end so I’m used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I'm just saying that to me this era is like if they announced that Superior Spider-Man was going to last five years. I trust in the end that Hickman knows what he's doing, but it's definitely glacial getting to that payoff.
    The pace is really a big problem, it is very slow and the change on the flagship book doesn't help. July and August without Hickman writing any book
    I remember when Hickman was talking about writing six issues of each book... this idea really died

Exactly, he has no reason to push his story and neither does Marvel, and he has the power to step in control the line if and when it dips.
    Pretty much and if marvel is happy, honestly, why rush. He is building a legacy and no writer has had this chance since early claremont on the x-men if we are honest.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Incredible Member

Eh. I am more interested in Banshee and Moira seeking revenge on Mystique.

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    Eh. I am more interested in Banshee and Moira seeking revenge on Mystique.
    She'll be in the pit soon enough.

The QC always has new openings.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!