Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Cable #10 - Spoiler/Review Thread - "Youth is wasted on the Young"

Kid Cable is about to attack the House of X but is caught by Emma. He wants Cerebro to bring OG Cable back. She takes a drink after scanning his mind and seeing Stryfe. He asks about Esme and she tells him that yes she is mad at him for ditching her the other day

Cyclops is being outfitted for the gala by the mutant designer. He is joined by Cable and they leave for London. Nate telepathically masks them. Scott talks about the X-men election and says he'd be a good candidate. In the bar a bunch of female mutants tell the Krakoans to piss off. A fight ensues. Nate mentions sending the O5 back and how he must now do the same. Scott says over his dead body will they resurrect the old Cable. His day is done nad the future belongs to Kid Cable

Another time, another place. OG is woen up by some creatures. He uses his TK to get the Light of Galador and decapitates one of them

The issue was kind of a letdown bc there is only one issue and I cant imagine things being wrapped up. Also it seems implied that the older Cable we've been seeing isnt the original but Kid Cable grown up, having diverged and become his own original character
    Last edited by Havok83; 04-28-2021 at 12:21 PM.

This series is still one of the best of the mutants, with good characterization, pace, art and plot.

BANNED

Don't really care the f#& about some messed up time travelling sheanagian. X-Men should stay away from this but Duggan sure will extend this ****. This makes me throw up. Better read Booster Gold once again.

I am not sure I like old Cable being older young Cable and smiling and making quips. Welp, now that I have written it realize I do not like it at all.

don't really like how the Arrako mutants looked way to similar to normal humans. The main reason I like the look of the Arrako mutants are because they have different looking skin and design to normal humans due to how evolution in a demon infested world.

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    I am not sure I like old Cable being older young Cable and smiling and making quips. Welp, now that I have written it realize I do not like it at all.
    Old Cable also made quips when killing fools. The opening scene of Second Coming with his “help’s gonna be late” line was classic.

People act like old Cable was this one-dimensional character with no personality. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Old Cable also made quips when killing fools. The opening scene of Second Coming with his “help’s gonna be late” line was classic.

People act like old Cable was this one-dimensional character with no personality. Nothing could be further from the truth.
    Yeah, but that was more like a dry quip, not a spiderman-quip. I mean, you imagine him saying that a bit ClintEastwoody around the edges. I know I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    Yeah, but that was more like a dry quip, not a spiderman-quip. I mean, you imagine him saying that a bit ClintEastwoody around the edges. I know I do.
    I feel like the older Cable’s quips in this issue we’re similarly dry, no?

I do not know. It feels a bit like if Noto is drawing the same expression he uses for Young Cable on Old Cable, if that makes sense. That unnerved me a bit. I always knew the old guy would be back, but I had not taken into account that they may try to change the character after his "new" time as young Cable.

Old Cable has had several characterizations over the years, I do not see anything radically different with how he has been shown in these flashforwards to the future than he was before.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    don't really like how the Arrako mutants looked way to similar to normal humans. The main reason I like the look of the Arrako mutants are because they have different looking skin and design to normal humans due to how evolution in a demon infested world.
    With 4 million possibilities, I'm sure there's someone to fit every taste
    My flag is bacon.

The Arakko mutants shown are not much different from Bei or Genesis, tbh. Also, and more importantly, you inevitably don't spend as much time designing two random thugs in a bar as important characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Don't really care the f#& about some messed up time travelling sheanagian. X-Men should stay away from this but Duggan sure will extend this ****. This makes me throw up. Better read Booster Gold once again.
    Hmm can we get rid of Rachel while we're at it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I feel like the older Cable’s quips in this issue we’re similarly dry, no?
    I don't know that seemed very kid Cable

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    I hope that it solves on the right way, but I don't trust Duggan to do it.
    Last edited by Rang10; 04-28-2021 at 02:19 PM.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Holy crap, that last-to-final-age beheading made the final moments of the Obi-Wan/Darth Maul fight look good, lol.

Anyway. Fun read. The premise of the book is still as stupid as ever, but still a fun read.