Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BANNED

We didn't need a 9-year-old Cable before he got here and we still don't.

What is with this franchise and time-travel kids.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Old Cable also made quips when killing fools. The opening scene of Second Coming with his “help’s gonna be late” line was classic.

People act like old Cable was this one-dimensional character with no personality. Nothing could be further from the truth.
    Cable has been involved outside of time travel mojo jojo. But the more he gets involved in these shenanigans, it gets wworse with parodoxes, space-time and continuity. Not like I am saying X-Men shouldnt be involved in time travel but it should not be sone typical cliche with the same character. There are far better time travellers than him

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Scott watched (maybe even ordered?) his son die in an apparently closed time loop and does not care. He's explicitly saying he doesn't want him back. Its so messed up the more you think of it.

When this series is over we need to chronicle Kid Cable's character arc starting from his introduction. I think his competency went down with literally every appearance.
    I get what Duggan is going for, but the way he had Scott word his reply does come off as terrible. Then again, they were having an argument, so it was probably a heated(in the moment) response.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Mighty Member

I am really confused with what is happening here. Does young Cable want to bring back old Cable?

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Cable has been involved outside of time travel mojo jojo. But the more he gets involved in these shenanigans, it gets wworse with parodoxes, space-time and continuity. Not like I am saying X-Men shouldnt be involved in time travel but it should not be sone typical cliche with the same character. There are far better time travellers than him
    It is a dumb time paradox too, for selfish reasons.

I'm even afraid to know Jean opinion on this.

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    I am really confused with what is happening here. Does young Cable want to bring back old Cable?
    Yes

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    It is a dumb time paradox too, for selfish reasons.

I'm even afraid to know Jean opinion on this.
    People keep saying that they are oversaturated with repetitive storyline for Quentin and Kid Cable is a better character. But Percy actually has some outline and concept behind Quentin's repetitive deaths of the character despite similar trauma for Quentin. Kid Cable's whole storyline doesn't make have any good angle from the begining

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Of course. The kid's already already made his mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Gonna have to respectfully disagree. Cable's shtick of always making things waaayyy more complicated than they should be by pretty much always keeping it super close to the vest is suuuper annoying, but it's still a step up from the competition.

I thought this issue was pretty decent. I liked seeing some Arrako mutants show up. That being said I can see why the series is ending.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post

Gonna have to respectfully disagree. Cable's shtick of always making things waaayyy more complicated than they should be by pretty much always keeping it super close to the vest is suuuper annoying, but it's still a step up from the competition.
    If only Cable's "shtick" or his characterization only matters of my appetite for time travel shenanigans lol. Kid Cable doesn't even deserve that category for his characterization.
    Last edited by Vishop; 04-28-2021 at 11:10 PM.

I don't know what is monstrous about "I want my son to have a happy life in the present instead of transforming into a shell-shocked veteran in apocalyptic wars of the future."

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Kid Cable is about to attack the House of X but is caught by Emma. He wants Cerebro to bring OG Cable back. She takes a drink after scanning his mind and seeing Stryfe. He asks about Esme and she tells him that yes she is mad at him for ditching her the other day

Cyclops is being outfitted for the gala by the mutant designer. He is joined by Cable and they leave for London. Nate telepathically masks them. Scott talks about the X-men election and says he'd be a good candidate. In the bar a bunch of female mutants tell the Krakoans to piss off. A fight ensues. Nate mentions sending the O5 back and how he must now do the same. Scott says over his dead body will they resurrect the old Cable. His day is done nad the future belongs to Kid Cable

Another time, another place. OG is woen up by some creatures. He uses his TK to get the Light of Galador and decapitates one of them

The issue was kind of a letdown bc there is only one issue and I cant imagine things being wrapped up. Also it seems implied that the older Cable we've been seeing isnt the original but Kid Cable grown up, having diverged and become his own original character
    I don't tihink that is OG cable. the way i read it that is current dawn of x cable all grown up which is why he had the light of galador sword.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    The Arakko mutants shown are not much different from Bei or Genesis, tbh. Also, and more importantly, you inevitably don't spend as much time designing two random thugs in a bar as important characters.
    The way the arrako mutants looked bothered me too and i lay that on noto. All of the designs he could have come up with and he decided two bland looking white mutants. We got about a million of those. Noto needs to add more diversity in his designs
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I don't tihink that is OG cable. the way i read it that is current dawn of x cable all grown up which is why he had the light of galador sword.
    But as we saw with the bomb in the arm, Old Cable already had memories of Kid Cable.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    But as we saw with the bomb in the arm, Old Cable already had memories of Kid Cable.
    Old cable has also never had that hairline and noto has drawn him enough to know but soon we shall all find out.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Can't believe no one's joked about Old Man Kid Cable becoming the new Old Cable. Oh well.