Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Holy crap, that last-to-final-age beheading made the final moments of the Obi-Wan/Darth Maul fight look good, lol.

Anyway. Fun read. The premise of the book is still as stupid as ever, but still a fun read.
    What's stupid about the premise? I like the exploration of how Kid Cable has feelings of being inadequate to be the man he has been told he will end up being while Cyclops feels that he has his missed opportunity to be a good father, it is a good dramatic conflict that enriches the relationship between the two.

It is basically the inverse of the past O5. Kid Cable is not afraid of ending up being his future, he is afraid of not being good enough to be his future. It's a more original idea than usual with these time travel plots.

Kid cable was really competent and full of himself, he accomplished a lot. Makes no sense make him this dumb chaarcter calling mom and daddy

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    What's stupid about the premise? I like the exploration of how Kid Cable has feelings of being inadequate to be the man he has been told he will end up being while Cyclops feels that he has his missed opportunity to be a good father, it is a good dramatic conflict that enriches the relationship between the two.

It is basically the inverse of the past O5. Kid Cable is not afraid of ending up being his future, he is afraid of not being good enough to be his future. It's a more original idea than usual with these time travel plots.
    They never explained/justified why he stayed in present day. He was supposed to bring X-Force home and return to the future to be with his fiancee/future wife. Him staying indefinitely and getting involved with another women didnt make sense and how his story ended in X-Force was never brought up

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    They never explained/justified why he stayed in present day. He was supposed to bring X-Force home and return to the future to be with his fiancee/future wife. Him staying indefinitely and getting involved with another women didnt make sense and how his story ended in X-Force was never brought up
    -Hey kiddo, stay with us, we'll be a family
    -Ok, dad.

Old Cable spent much of its time staying in the present and is rarely justified, Kid Cable does too.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Should've been clearer, my bad. I was referring to the overall more-arbitrary-time-travel-BS-as-an-excuse-to-set-up-the-next-Cable-book-what-a-shocker stuff.

-Ok, dad.

Old Cable spent much of its time staying in the present and is rarely justified, Kid Cable does too.
    Very different situations, kid Cable should be gone long before Krakoa.

-Ok, dad.

Old Cable didnt come back to present day with the intention of going back to live his life in the future so its not the same thing. His time in present day was justified in that he was preparing for his big battle with Apocaylpse. There was no future life for him to go back to after that.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Should've been clearer, my bad. I was referring to the overall more-arbitrary-time-travel-BS-as-an-excuse-to-set-up-the-next-Cable-book-what-a-shocker stuff.
    Ah yeah. The Stryfe thing is not especially original. But I must confess that I am interested in the future that Old Cable is in. Looks more like Limbo than Amenth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Old Cable didnt come back to present day with the intention of going back to live his life in the future so its not the same thing. His time in present day was justified in that he was preparing for his big battle with Apocaylpse. There was no future life for him to go back to after that.

The ending of the previous X-Force was with Cable going back to the present for "set things right", which is an extremely ambiguous phrase.

"Once things are the way they should be, I'll return" is like saying nothing.

Especially knowing that Old Cable had memories of Kid Cable (as we could see with the bomb on his arm).
    Last edited by Glio; 04-28-2021 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    With 4 million possibilities, I'm sure there's someone to fit every taste
    The Arakko mutants shown are not much different from Bei or Genesis, tbh. Also, and more importantly, you inevitably don't spend as much time designing two random thugs in a bar as important characters.
    Genesis isn't an Arakko mutant she was an Okkara mutant from before the split. So basically the same ancestors as current Krakoan mutants. However over time after the split the environment of Arakko changed and the mutants on their changed as well. So the descendants of that line shouldn't look like normal human mutants imo
    Last edited by Outburstz; 04-28-2021 at 03:38 PM.

Ah yeah. The Stryfe thing is not especially original. But I must confess that I am interested in the future that Old Cable is in. Looks more like Limbo than Amenth.

The ending of the previous X-Force was with Cable going back to the present for "set things right", which is an extremely ambiguous phrase.

"Once things are the way they should be, I'll return" is like saying nothing.

Especially knowing that Old Cable had memories of Kid Cable (as we could see with the bomb on his arm).
    His mission was bring Scott back and free Rachel. That is it, then he should return to his future and be mindwiped

This series is still one of the best of the mutants, with good characterization, pace, art and plot.
    Well..at least someone is enjoying it, wish the same could be said about me.

Honestly i visibly cringed when Summers drops the line the time of OG Cable is done and we are stuck with Kid Cable....plus i feel like i was Rick Rolled by that last section.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    Hmm can we get rid of Rachel while we're at it?
    Might as well, she isn't doing anything worth merit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Well..at least someone is enjoying it, wish the same could be said about me.

Honestly i visibly cringed when Summers drops the line the time of OG Cable is done and we are stuck with Kid Cable....plus i feel like i was Rick Rolled by that last section.
    Scott watched (maybe even ordered?) his son die in an apparently closed time loop and does not care. He's explicitly saying he doesn't want him back. Its so messed up the more you think of it.

When this series is over we need to chronicle Kid Cable's character arc starting from his introduction. I think his competency went down with literally every appearance.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Scott watched (maybe even ordered?) his son die in an apparently closed time loop and does not care. He's explicitly saying he doesn't want him back. Its so messed up the more you think of it.

When this series is over we need to chronicle Kid Cable's character arc starting from his introduction. I think his competency went down with literally every appearance.
    Scott is saying to his son that he doesn't want him gone, even If a new version takes his place. I agree on the competence thing.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post

Scott characterization here is one of the worse I ever seem for , he absolutely doesn't care for Old Cable