Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Old cable has also never had that hairline and noto has drawn him enough to know but soon we shall all find out.
    In the hair I only see OG Cable balder than usual.

I don't think OG Cable and this Cable are different characters. Simply staying in Krakoa may have modified OG Cable a bit but an alternate version was not created.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    In the hair I only see OG Cable balder than usual.

I don't think OG Cable and this Cable are different characters. Simply staying in Krakoa may have modified OG Cable a bit but an alternate version was not created.
    I see what you mean and i actually agree. Older Cable and this teen cable are the same.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Incredible Member

I like the series in general (People complain about how Kid Cable sucks, but that seems to be the central tenet of this series, that Kid Cable himself acknowledges this issue), but this specific issue was merely okay.

Pretty big swing to go from "I'm in over my head" last issue to "Let's just bring back the Original Cable and let him deal with it." But I guess this is the low point for the character, and he'll start to figure it out.

I don't have any issue with the complaints about Cyclops selfishness and time travel, as (a) time travel never makes any sense and (b) this is more about the father-son dynamic and giving his son a pep talk. If your son came to you and said, "I suck at basketball, I will never beat my opponent, can you just get my cousin to sub in for me?", the father will obviously not accept that.

However, did it feel like shades of nepotism, how Cyclops was pushing his son to join the X-men?

I liked this issue and I'm keen to see what happens next.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I don't know what is monstrous about "I want my son to have a happy life in the present instead of transforming into a shell-shocked veteran in apocalyptic wars of the future."
    Yeah, you're right. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this. It makes sense that a father would not want that kind of fate for his son, especially considering he's already witnessed it.

I don't tihink that is OG cable. the way i read it that is current dawn of x cable all grown up which is why he had the light of galador sword.
    That is how I read it too. Plus, that Light of Galador sword is badass, I love it!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

The sword is badass. I hope he keeps it. And I hope they bring him back in his prime. Let’s say around 40. So not an old man, but not a little kid either. About the age he was when he first appeared.

Old cable has also never had that hairline and noto has drawn him enough to know but soon we shall all find out.
    Yes he has

Different artists have different takes so I wouldnt put much into this

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    The sword is badass. I hope he keeps it. And I hope they bring him back in his prime. Let’s say around 40. So not an old man, but not a little kid either. About the age he was when he first appeared.
    Does Kid Cable have OG Cable's memories?

No. I don’t think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Does Kid Cable have OG Cable's memories?
    No he doesnt and thats why he wants to bring OG Cable back. He has knowledge and experience fighting and dealing with Stryfe that the Kid doesnt

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    No. I don’t think so.
    Eh then I wouldn't want Kid Cable replace Cable permanently for obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    I like the series in general (People complain about how Kid Cable sucks, but that seems to be the central tenet of this series, that Kid Cable himself acknowledges this issue), but this specific issue was merely okay.

Pretty big swing to go from "I'm in over my head" last issue to "Let's just bring back the Original Cable and let him deal with it." But I guess this is the low point for the character, and he'll start to figure it out.

I don't have any issue with the complaints about Cyclops selfishness and time travel, as (a) time travel never makes any sense and (b) this is more about the father-son dynamic and giving his son a pep talk. If your son came to you and said, "I suck at basketball, I will never beat my opponent, can you just get my cousin to sub in for me?", the father will obviously not accept that.

However, did it feel like shades of nepotism, how Cyclops was pushing his son to join the X-men?
    The thing is that both are his sons, old cable is not Kid Cable's counsin.

Scott s favoring kid Cable because he still want to be a father of a kid. hat is very selfish from him. Really makes me dislike him more.
    Could be even worse if kid Cable isn't even his son

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    People keep saying that they are oversaturated with repetitive storyline for Quentin and Kid Cable is a better character. But Percy actually has some outline and concept behind Quentin's repetitive deaths of the character despite similar trauma for Quentin. Kid Cable's whole storyline doesn't make have any good angle from the begining
    Right. At least Percy do character development insted of just dragging a character around
    Last edited by Rang10; 04-29-2021 at 11:07 AM.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    The thing is that both are his sons, old cable is not Kid Cable's counsin.

Scott s favoring kid Cable because he still want to be a father of a kid. hat is very selfish from him. Really makes me dislike him more.
    Could be even worse if kid Cable isn't even his son
    I think that we are seeing this side of Scott as a continuation (or affect) of his lost childhood with his own father, the new memories he has as a teen in space with Corsair, and an opportunity to be a parent to his more than he got to previously. Yes, it's selfish but it's not entirely unpredictable given what Scott has endured over the years and the sacrifices he has made.

I just wonder if he is revealed to be not Nate, who all actually knows?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I think that we are seeing this side of Scott as a continuation (or affect) of his lost childhood with his own father, the new memories he has as a teen in space with Corsair, and an opportunity to be a parent to his more than he got to previously. Yes, it's selfish but it's not entirely unpredictable given what Scott has endured over the years and the sacrifices he has made.

Could this be a Stryfe clone that is meant to think it is Cable in order to uncover Cable's secret or find if he is still alive? Maybe. Would Scott be mad? The guy has seen a lot of weird stuff and if he is finally treating Rachel like a daughter, I don't see why he would not see the opportunity to raise a Cable/Stryfe clone as his own. That would upset Stryfe even more if that was possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post

Everyone on X-men suffered a lot, Scott is not the only one. This Scott looks nothing like the guy that was even willing to kill Cable is he was the traitor trying to kill Hope. He is extremely selfish.

Kid cable being Stryfe seems a huge possibility after we saw so many stryfe clones and Wildside saying that he was Stryfe. Seems like Duggan has been winking a lot here

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Cyclops wants his son to grow up and live in paradise hanging out with his family rather than as a general in a dystopian wasteland. How selfish.