Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Cyclops wants his son to grow up and live in paradise hanging out with his family rather than as a general in a dystopian wasteland. How selfish.
    Gonna screw up the timeline and kill the old Cable. Very selfish

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Gonna screw up the timeline and kill the old Cable. Very selfish
    Its not gonna screw up the timeline and old Cable is already dead

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Its not gonna screw up the timeline and old Cable is already dead
    If Cable does not go back to the future, then he does not become OG Cable. OG Cable does not protect Hope, amongst countless other events he was pivotal in.

This was the whole premise of needing to send the O5 to the past.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

With all the confusing time bullshit who knows how the timeline is meant to be.

At this point the argument, much like Cable’s life, is circular. I don’t even care how the Kid Cable saga ends at this point. As long as it ends and the grown up version comes back.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    With all the confusing time bullshit who knows how the timeline is meant to be.
    With regards to Cable, they told quite a few stories about his younger years in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    If Cable does not go back to the future, then he does not become OG Cable. OG Cable does not protect Hope, amongst countless other events he was pivotal in.

This was the whole premise of needing to send the O5 to the past.
    No it actually wasnt. The O5 staying in present day did not screw up the timeline or do anything to 616. Teen Bobby died and that eventually led to a dark future but it did not erase anything from the past that Adult Bobby had done. We dont even know how Teen Bobby dying contributed to anything that was shown in Extermination

If Teen Cable stays, we may or may not get a dark future but 616 wouldnt implode on itself. A new divergent timeline is more likely but that may be moot anyway depending on what happens with Moira
    Last edited by Havok83; 04-29-2021 at 01:28 PM.

Actually, I never considered it but doesn't Moria's concern about precogs also make sense to extend to time travelers?

Actually, I never considered it but doesn't Moria's concern about precogs also make sense to extend to time travelers?
    No bc we dont know why Moira is so scared of precogs outside of Destiny.

Not necessarily. Characters from the future aren't specifically from the future of the time they return to, as ridiculous as that sounds. Therefore, anything they know about the future isn't from like, our future, if that makes any sense at all.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

I assumed that it was because since precogs see the future they'd be able to figure out that Moira is a mutant, which needs to be a secret

Extraordinary Member

No it actually wasnt. The O5 staying in present day did not screw up the timeline or do anything to 616. Teen Bobby died and that eventually led to a dark future but it did not erase anything from the past that Adult Bobby had done.

If Teen Cable stays, we may or may not get a dark future but 616 wouldnt implode on itself. A new divergent timeline is more likely but that may be moot anyway depending on what happens with Moira
    This was covered in quite a few stories, including the X-Men Blue Cross Time Capers arc. Even Extermination made it clear the X-Men had to go back exactly as they were, to the exact moment, with no memories. And we don't know what affect Iceman dying would have had, because he did not die.

I assumed that it was because since precogs see the future they'd be able to figure out that Moira is a mutant, which needs to be a secret
    So what? Why does that need to be kept secret? It doesnt really make sense. The only rational thing I can think of is that Moira isnt as altruistic as we are led to believe and she doesnt want anyone to know what she is really planning which is probably really messed up

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, it feels like it is a blanket ban just to keep Destiny dead.

Also, typically someone traveling to or from the future is traveling to one of countless other timeliness, although I am not sure Moira would have that same understanding that we have.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Also, typically someone traveling to or from the future is traveling to one of countless other timeliness, although I am not sure Moira would have that same understanding that we have.
    Yeah, that is pretty much what I was trying to say.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.