Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

One element from the silver age I liked was the concept of other islands surrounding Paradise Island. Some with great threats, and others with mystical mysteries. One story in that era for example had Diana journeying to an island where the flora itself worked to murder any who tread.

Id wanna see a sort of prequel show to Diana becoming Wonder Woman which just explored this concept some. Perhaps tossing in Princess Elva and the Limestone Girls. Or the merfolk and bird people Merboy and Birdboy were supposed to hail from.

Other stories such as 'Diana Princess of the Amazons' and 'Wonder Woman and the island of no return' toy with the concept that the island did in fact keep contact with other likewise secret nations of the world such as the Bana. I feel like there could be some curious ideas that could come of it.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    'IMMORTAL WONDER WOMAN' ROUGH SKETCH OF PREMISE, CHARCTERS, ETC

Mind blown! Great job! Id pick it up. Though I dont know if you can title it Immortal Wonder Woman if she isnt immortal once she leaves the island lol.

Love the curse of Paradise Island for men.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Mind blown! Great job! Id pick it up. Though I dont know if you can title it Immortal Wonder Woman if she isnt immortal once she leaves the island lol.

Love the curse of Paradise Island for men.
    Thank you, Primal! There's so much I wanted to cram in there, all last week, and just couldn't find the time or the clarity to pull it, together.

I really am excited about seeing Diana, in the Great Southwest, though. I'm exhausted, by urban stories and urban POVs, in movies and TV, if only because they are presented, without showing a complimentary representation of life in America's small towns, rural areas and the Southwest. I think WW could be an experiment of sorts, in that regard.

Yes...so much for immortality! Right? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by hareluyafan1 View Post
    I'm not even a fan of WW but that sounds awesome!

Very true and the best part is that's how they are in the actual myths so nobody can complain.
    Thank you, Har. Wish I had go some more villains, listed, but ran out of time and energy.

I seriously considered making Ching, a regular character. One of the reasons I am excited about the prospect of moving Wonder Woman into the American Southwest or anywhere west ..is seeing more Asian and Latino characters, in WW stories. Do you think there needs to be one more regular (every show) character added, ..like Ching or an older Howard Huckabee?

With Mala aboard, you can drop her, Etta and Diana into male-heavy stories, without creating the impression that we're excluding the guys. While you can plug Sargon or Ching into a story, with Diana, Etta, Desira and Steve, I still feel like the show needs a regular, who is a elderly, Dr. Zarkov sort or another dude for Steve to talk to and get captured with. Again, I would like that to see an Asian male, since the comic hasn't had an Asian regular, since the early 1970s.

Maybe, that's Ching, ..with no 'I'.

What about a teenaged Bobby Barnes, who is African American? While almost all of American TV shows portray black people, as exclusively urban dwellers, statistics, as recent as 2018, show that roughly a third of African Americans live in small towns and rural areas. Could Bobby's father, whom we never saw, be Latino or Mexican or Chinese or East Indian? Sure, a young adult Bobby Barnes could be a side-order character, in a new WW show, based in the American Southwest...absolutely!
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 05-02-2021 at 11:55 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Does it have to be live action or can it be animated?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Honestly, I'm not very interested in that. For one thing, since Themyscira is always portrayed as this very simple society with greco roman architecture and development, there isn't much to be explored. Maybe a few monsters and I guess gods, but what else? Plus Diana really only becomes herself when she is unconstrained, and that only happens after she leaves the island.

Now, to answer the question, I think Yara Flor Wonder Girl was a perfect concept. It's an early adult which means lots of character development right out of the bat along with energy and questions. It can easily be set in our world while still acomodating the fantastic elements of Wonder Woman creeping into the light. And it creates an instant pathos to Diana as a societal figure that fascinates Yara, which allows Diana to always be in her prime. Plus the diversity factor.

I really want the Holliday Girls to be a thing. The idea of a bunch of normal women that start to train and befriend Diana and create an organization out of it has just so much potential, and it's a great way for Yara to come into contact with Diana's world without Diana always being there. Plus Etta Candy is a ball of energy and fun. I'm not quite sure what I would do with the exactly, at some level they would have to be a foundation with a women shelter, but they could also be an indepent army of activists, they could be a comune, they could be a sporting center where athletes come to show their talents, along with artists and intelectuals. They could have a museum where they collect rare magical items and they take care of them for Diana. It could be all these things combined, as a group of women that are superheroes but as an institution.

I would love for Doctor Poison to be a main villain. She is far more visually interesting than Veronica Cale, and her demented genius could be responsible for lots of other villains. I actually have this idea that the Villany Inc was created by failed experiments that seek revenge on Doctor Poison, but end up crossing paths with Diana due to the chaos they spread on their hunt.

I would bring in Priscilla Rich as Cruella Deville type that sells magical clothes in the black market and hunts mythical creatures to create these skins.

Well, most of these things have nothing to do with Yara Flor as of now, they are just Diana ideas adapted onto the show because I think Yara more easily translates to TV right now.
    Recently, I've mused what it might be like, if an old mansion on Holliday College's campus served, as Diana's Daily Planet or Batcave. What's needed, from where I'm standing, are some visually iconic sets and buildings, representing important and easily recognizable locales in the comic. Very cool, I think, that Diana's base-op in the comic and the proposed show is a place-of-learning, ..if only because it is such a detour from the somewhat generic charms of the Cave and 'the Planet' newsroom.

Your idea pushes beyond the superficial of what I imagined.

I think of watching Diana, surrounded by young passion, faith and optimism - of how that might influence her approach to fighting an unending war against darkness. I can imagine characters, in her campus community, being horrified, after having watched her behead an enemy on live TV - being angry with and confronting with her, for something like that, ..and how hurtful that would be to Diana, ..who might cry herself to sleep, over it.

I can imagine the emotional roller coaster ride, basing her at a college, might be - letting down a young woman, who had a crush on her, ..comforting another, experiencing a trauma ..or a failure ..or a hard break-up, ..sending another off to war, in the US military! Imagine Diana's emotional investment, in all of them, through her friendship, with Etta, ..and you find the heart of the show. For that reason, I really like the idea of the Holliday Girls and Holliday College being semi-regular (every other episode) or recurring characters in the show!

Imagine them all pulling together to stand by her side, against Circe or Villainy, Inc. ..or to rescue her and Etta, from enslavement, in a weird dimension, like the Atom Galaxy! I think it would make this new WW show, a must-watch event, every week!

With Etta being regular, technically we've got someone, as with Diana and the Amazons, reminding us of them, every episode. The Holliday Girls would be overnight sensations! America...the world, even, ..would embrace these brave, vulnerable, misguided, inspiring girls, as our daughters. We would see the best and worst of ourselves, in them, and we would love Diana for how she supported, loved and was inspired by them. As I type this, I feel, as though I've just watched an episode, in my brain - literally fanning off of the fumes of your concept! Wow! Amazing!

Now, imagine the WW comic tying into a show, like that. The WW comic would never be the same. Great post!
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 05-02-2021 at 06:17 PM. Reason: clarity
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Fantastic Member

Very true and the best part is that's how they are in the actual myths so nobody can complain.
    That is something i'm not interested in seeing!

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Does it have to be live action or can it be animated?
    I'd say live action but if you have a good animated idea, wouldnt turn it away.

Incredible Member

Thank you, Har. Wish I had go some more villains, listed, but ran out of time and energy.
    You're welcome. I read the link you provided and I was impressed. WW has some good villains that are criminally under-used

I seriously considered making Ching, a regular character. One of the reasons I am excited about the prospect of moving Wonder Woman into the American Southwest or anywhere west ..is seeing more Asian and Latino characters, in WW stories. Do you think there needs to be one more regular (every show) character added, ..like Ching or an older Howard Huckabee?
    No I think just semi-regular would be fine.

With Mala aboard, you can drop her, Etta and Diana into male-heavy stories, without creating the impression that we're excluding the guys. While you can plug Sargon or Ching into a story, with Diana, Etta, Desira and Steve, I still feel like the show needs a regular, who is a elderly, Dr. Zarkov sort or another dude for Steve to talk to and get captured with. Again, I would like that to see an Asian male, since the comic hasn't had an Asian regular, since the early 1970s.

Maybe, that's Ching, ..with no 'I'.
    Maybe. Also perhaps "I-Ching" could just be a nickname.

What about a teenaged Bobby Barnes, who is African American? While almost all of American TV shows portray black people, as exclusively urban dwellers, statistics, as recent as 2018, show that roughly a third of African Americans live in small towns and rural areas. Could Bobby's father, whom we never saw, be Latino or Mexican or Chinese or East Indian? Sure, a young adult Bobby Barnes could be a side-order character, in a new WW show, based in the American Southwest...absolutely!
    Sounds good to me.

Recently, I've mused what it might be like, if an old mansion on Holliday College's campus served, as Diana's Daily Planet or Batcave. What's needed, from where I'm standing, are some visually iconic sets and buildings, representing important and easily recognizable locales in the comic. Very cool, I think, that Diana's base-op in the comic and the proposed show is a universally recognized to be place-of-learning, in the DCU, ..if only because it is such a detour from the somewhat generic charms of the Cave and 'the Planet'.

Your idea pushes beyond the superficial of what I imagined.

I think of watching Diana, surrounded by young passion, faith and optimism - of how that might influence her approach to fighting an unending war against darkness. I can imagine characters, in her campus community, being horrified, after having watched her behead an enemy on live TV - being angry with and confronting with her, for something like that, ..and how hurtful that would be to Diana, ..who might cry herself to sleep, over it. I can imagine the emotional roller coaster ride, basing her at a college, might be - letting down a young woman, who had a crush on her, ..comforting another, experiencing a trauma ..or a failure ..or a hard break-up, ..sending another off to war, in the US military! Imagine Diana's emotional investment, in all of them, through her friendship, with Etta, ..and you find the heart of the show. For that reason, I really like the idea of the Holliday Girls and Holliday College being semi-regular (every other episode) or recurring characters in the show!

Imagine them all pulling together to stand by her side, against Circe or Villainy, Inc. ..or to rescue her and Etta, from enslavement, in a weird dimension, like the Atom Galaxy! I think it would make this new WW show, a must-watch event, every week!

With Etta being regular, technically we've got someone, as with Diana and the Amazons, reminding us of them, every episode. The Holliday Girls would be overnight sensations! America...the world, even, ..would embrace these brave, vulnerable, misguided, inspiring girls, as our daughters. We would see the best and worst of ourselves, in them, and we would love Diana for how she supported, loved and was inspired by them. As I type this, I feel, as though I've just watched an episode, in my brain - literally fanning off of the fumes of your concept! Wow! Amazing!

Now, imagine the WW comic tying into a show, like that. The WW comic would never be the same. Great post!
    Your original post wast short, but now I noticed you edited it and added a lot. Yes I think this is what the Holliday Girls should be for in the comics. For Diana to come into contact with the lives of various women, but also a place for these women to evolve. Imagine a College Campus that is also a public foundation and a comune for an alternate societal structure. Women could come there and be trained to fight by Diana herself. There could be Olympic athletes competing against each other and maybe even with magical creatures and beings in the mix. It could be science center where special guest come to study the magical artifacts kept there and where they try to recreate amazonian technology. It could have public performance events for conceptual artists where people get to be a part of it. It's a true cultural center but run by a Non Governmental organization of women Diana has saved and befriended from all around the world. And lots of villains would have reasons to want to attack this place, or the various people Diana gets to meet there could send her on missions to stop a threat on the other side of the planet.

This thread just reminded me of the atrocity they tried to put out in the early 2010s.

Last edited by 9th.; 05-02-2021 at 04:41 PM.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Astonishing Member

Clowns will find a way to complain no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I'm not quite sure I understand one thing though, is Steve aging faster because he stepped into the island? Is that an effect that continues after he leaves it? So your Steve would die halfway through the story?
    In my sketch premise, Steve starts aging rapidly, as Diana brings him closer to the actual island. Men, in my adaptation, are afflicted with supernatural destruction, upon even superficial contact, with the air, land and sea, within the mystical fields, which protect and cloak the island. It is supernatural destruction, for which there is no existing reversal or protection, except immediate removal from the island. That is their only salvation for death or annihilation.

Die-hard Kangaliers know why I scripted it, that way. We're tired of this BS, always in other comics, where writers show Superman, Batboy or any two-buck, lameass, d-list super-villain popping up on Paradise Island, slapping around Greek gods and Amazons, like it's nothing. On my show, ..that crap is over! We don't care, if it's Darkseid, Superman, Justin Beiber singing, Idris Elba in some really tight pants, ..cute, little fat boy, choking on a cheeseburger--no human males, except King Virbius, allowed, on Paradise Island, ever...period, ..the end. Bye. Kiss off.

No, not even Batman and Superman. Ever.

Sick of seeing our WW comic characters treated, like crap, by DC Comics writers. Seeing that happen on a TV show would be a good way of establishing this rule and making clear to fans and future writers.

Quote Originally Posted by lotchj View Post
    That is something i'm not interested in seeing!
    We're talking about Achilles and Hercules, as LGBTQA, right? I didn't mean Achilles and Herc, as a couple. Hercules, whose male lovers, Plutarch wrote, outnumbered his female lovers, ..is shown to be pansexual, and DC Comics' Achilles, to be gay, ..just NOT with each other.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 05-03-2021 at 11:36 PM. Reason: content, graphic

Incredible Member

'IMMORTAL WONDER WOMAN' ROUGH SKETCH OF PREMISE, CHARACTERS, ETC

CHARACTERS (REGULAR CAST):

Wonder Woman/Diana
    Etta Candy
    Col. Steve Trevor
    Mala the Reformer

(SEMI-REGULAR and RECURRING)

Ching
    Queen Desira
    General Darnell
    Queen Hippolyta
    Artemis
    Donna Troy
    Sargon the Sorcerer
    Yara Flor
    Candy Family at Bar-L Ranch (Sugar, Hard, Mint, etc)
    Nubia
    Gods (Athena, Artemis, Zeus, Hera, Titans, etc)
    Hercules

NEW PREMISE: Wonder Woman is a female Highlander/Tomb Raider/Tom Strong combo. Steve Trevor is an ex-mailitary pro, who works for Diana - partners, sometimes - friends, with growing, crackling, uncertain romantic attraction. No longer in northeastern cities, Diana's story takes on a new scope, boundless freedom and ancient magic, ..in the mountainous, dangerous, beautiful American Southwest.

It begins in the BERMUDA TRIANGLE! Steve Trevor, Expeditions Chief for the Prince Antiquities firm, is searching for the wreckage of his boss’s, Theno Prince’s, boat in the Bermuda Triangle, when his plane crashes near the island homeland of the mythical Amazons! There, slipping away from celebrations of being crowned 'Champion of the Amazons', ..Princess Diana rescues Steve from drowning and takes him to see her mother, the Queen Hippolyta.

Diana is shocked to find Steve has aged into a much older man, when they reach the Queen’s palace. They are shocked to find a stone statue of a frightened man, holding a gun, that Steve recognizes, as Theno! The Queen explains Athena’s gift of protection - that, while the island grants Amazons eternal youth and immortality, ..Steve, as with all males, is doomed by merely touching the soil or air of the island, ..and that there is nothing anyone can do to save him.

Against her mother's protests, Diana, outraged that her saving Steve has doomed him, chooses to return Steve Trevor to Man’s World, before he dies, and the Amazons bid them, farewell. The Queen tells her she cannot return to Paradise and will forfeit her own immortality, if she returns to Man’s World, but Diana insists.

With Steve, Diana settles in Rockwell City, in the mountainous Southwestern United States. In gratitude for saving his life, Steve helps her craft the identity of Diana Prince, Greek archaeologist daughter of Theno Prince ..and inheritor of his antiquities expeditions firm, based in an old mansion, in town. Steve works for Diana, here, ..where she comes to be called 'Wonder Woman'.

That should have happened in the comic, about fifty years ago, in the Mod Era.

For a time, Diana and Steve travel the world together, before they are joined by scrappy, cowgirl markswoman, Etta Candy, and optimistic, disciplined Mala, ..Diana’s Amazon best friend from the island. Etta travelling with Diana, and Mala, managing her personal affairs in Rockwell, guarding her home and arsenal – the bickering pair aid the Amazon, in her wild adventures, in lost lands and bizarre worlds! They are sometimes joined by Troy, Artemis, Queen Desira, Wonder Girl (Yara), Nubia, Achilles, Sargon the Sorcerer, the Candys and Hercules.

Achilles and Hercules are great LGBT characters. I have no doubt they'll find a friend in Sargon, a straight male hero and a kickass sorcerer buddy for Wonder Woman.

And she has the coolest enemies!

The ROGUES

See this blog post, on Wondabunga, for the great Wonder-rogues that didn't make it into this post.

CHEETAH (Barbara Minerva), Wonder Woman's archenemy, is an English noblewoman, whose family’s ancient birthright is meaningless in a pacifist, Amazon-ruled future. Mystically transforming her body into a human-cheetah hybrid, to better endure the pressures and dangers of time-travel to unknown worlds, Minerva left the future, to conquer worlds, in the Space-time Stream! She spends her life pursuing random chains of events that lead to her conquest over the Earth, ..preparing for the day, she will mount Diana's head on a wall, in her time-ship, decorated, with the severed heads of every Wonder Woman, who has ever lived!

CLEA the FIRST is the Kurgan-like queen of the Indian island continent of Aurania and her Hyena Men armies. She is not a native Atlantaean or Venturian, and she ruled a thousand empires, all over the world, before finally settling, on Aurania and Venturia. Like Paradise Island, Aurania is made invisible and unreachable, behind a mystical shield. Populated by strange, colorful beings, Aurania is always on the brink of revolution, against Clea! Unike Wonder Woman's other top-tier villains, Clea lives solely to conquer the Universe and will never relent, until it's hers ..and Wonder Woman is dead!

DOCTOR CYBER is the cyborg ruler of Maodonesia - a female Darth Vader, in an armored suit that enhances her physical strength and stamina, enough to fight Wonder Woman, nearly to a stand-still! With laser pistols, mind-control, rocket sleds and an army of robot assassins, her goal, of course, is world domination, through terrorism, politics, cyber-warfare ..and brute force.

ARES, with his quirky, Dune-ish Court of Mars, attacks from astral moon, Areopagus, ..his fortress and base camp. The COURT OF MARS includes Ares's herald, the Silver Swan, Minister Strife, the Duke of Deception, the Earl of Greed, Count Conquest ..and a new Crimson Centipede. Each tasked with tormenting Diana and attacking Earth, ..in some symbolically unique, quirky way, to condemn Diana and her loyalists to bizarre fates, worse than death!

WHITE MAGICIAN (Asquith Randolph) secretly controls ARGUS and is convinced that Steve’s returning to Rockwell fulfills a prophecy – that he will be reborn, the Dark Commander, and forge a demonic Randolph reign to last tens of thousands of years - and at the Commander’s side, ..a powerful White Magician! The sinister Randolph family, determined to control Steve and eliminate Wonder Woman, press on with secretly manipulating world events, from the shadows.

BUSHMASTER is basically Boba Fett, with a voodoo fetish. While he prefers to fight, using people, he turns into mindless, superhumanly strong zombies, ..he’s also a kickass, armored up, assassin/bounty hunter type, covered in hi-tech weapons, with superhuman agility and endurance.

DOCTOR PSYCHO is a telepathic serial killer of women, who, enhanced by government experiments and extradimensional technology, creates giant ecto-monsters and ecto-shapes and deadly illusions!

VILLAINY, INC. - when Cheetah, Clea the First, Doctor Cyber, Warmaster, Silver Swan, Colonel Poison, Marva Psycho and Giganta work together...

NEW STEVE TREVOR, ROCKWELL CITY and SUBPLOTS...

Steve Trevor has a dark secret. Rockwell City is his hometown and named for his mother's family, the Rockwells, whom he loves. It is also the ancestral seat of his father's super-wealthy family, the Randolphs. Steve, who began life as 'Steve Randolph', changed his name, faked his age and, with Gen. Darnell's aid, ..joined the military, at sixteen years old.

It is also the home to the wa-aay cool, new ARGUS Command Citadel, which looks something, like an over-sized brownstone version of the the U.S. Capitol, ..with a giant, red laser-eye on its dome. The Citadel is in the dead-center middle of Rockwell City and is the joint command's most important building.

There is a trouble for Diana, Etta and Steve, in Rockwell ..and more specifically, at ARGUS. Steve’s grandfather, Asquith Randolph – known to ARGUS, as the White Magician - secretly controls ARGUS and manipulates world events. The only thing standing between Steve and the destruction of all mankind...

Wonder Woman!
    This is honestly amazing! Really well thought out.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    This is honestly amazing! Really well thought out.
    Thank you, Pop! Wish we could get another show...

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    This might sound stupid, but I want a sort of prequel series prior to Diana becoming Wonder Woman that just focuses on her on the island. In a vein similar to the likes of Gotham, Smallville, and Krypton.
    Not stupid at all.
    There is huge potential for great adventures, great drama, and great character moments.
    A few years back there were rumours of a Young-Diana-type prequel TV show set on Themyscira being pitched (I think the working title was simply "amazon")...