Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I cry for Mystique. I do.

ETA: They may just go with Wanda to finally be able to tri her so they can finally be recognized as a people now with a country of their own. They said something similar way back. It would make a statement.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 05-01-2021 at 03:19 PM.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Following the success of WandaVision and the lack of Wanda-Pietro-Vision in the comics during that, I'd be surprised if Marvel continues dropping the ball and not have them featured anywhere in their comics. I would however expect to see the Witch in something similar in vein to the show (aside from the delayed Darkhold "event") or the James Robinson series rather than connecting her to the mutant world.

Incredible Member

I didn't watch the TV series at all, but our kids did and thought it was excellent. I'd be surprised if Marvel were to not use those characters in their comics, especially as the kids seem convinced there's going to be another series.

After the last X-Men Monday interview regarding X-Factor (soon-to-be-made announcement which is not what we’re fearing or expecting), it makes me think that this new book is the relaunch of X-Factor with same writer but new artist and it has nothing to do with Wanda, Mystique or Shaw or maybe even with a trial.
    We know that something important will happen in the HF Gala X-Factor issue: "At the Hellfire Gala, SECRETS WILL BE REVEALED! VENGEANCE WILL BE HAD. And someone's number is up. You'll never guess whose."
    If this is the last issue of the series(there’s no X-Factor in July and JDW said previously one series will end in June) then it sounds more like a plot that can be continued somewhere and not just closing off the series and be done with it.

Given the description of the HF Gala issue and that the next plot Leah was setting up in X-Factor was the mystery about Prodigy’s death and whether he was resurrected without actually dying, it crossed my mind, what if the secret that will be revealed at the Gala is that we have 2 Prodigies and maybe there are even more duplicated mutants by mistakenly resurrecting them, so they messed up big time with the resurrection protocols? This could definitely cause some trouble. Is the resurrection even known to the outside world?

Maybe I’m totally wrong here and it's a completely different project from Leah and X-Factor is going somewhere else, but I doubt the book will be about Wanda though.
    Be kind, it's FREE

Hmm... intriguing theory.

Additional thought: What if Prodigy (or one of him, anyway) is on trial for intentionally subverting the resurrection protocols? Manipulating the circumstances to have your own powered duplicate brought back to life seems like something the QC might have strong feelings on.

Incredible Member

I must admit, it looks like trial. I suppose there are other words it could be that might fit but I can't think of any off hand.

That doesn't necessarily mean it's a judicial trial though, it might mean a trial, like a test, kind of a trial run. Perhaps at forming a colony.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I've also been thinking about the Prodigy subplot coming to a head as that's what Leah has been building to since the first issue. Would they dedicate a series/mini/relaunch the book to focus on that though? I don't know if David is a strong enough draw to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Aaron's Phoenix is still better than the last Phoenix story in the movies
    thats like saying crap is better than poop. It's still sh-t

Wonder if it's also possible that this isn't replacing X-Factor but X-Factor is tying in in some sort of big way and was taking a month off bc of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I've also been thinking about the Prodigy subplot coming to a head as that's what Leah has been building to since the first issue. Would they dedicate a series/mini/relaunch the book to focus on that though? I don't know if David is a strong enough draw to be honest.
    I think it depends on what they're trying to do with the relaunch (if that's what this is). If it's supposed to be a new book in and of itself, yeah, I don't think they would hang the Prodigy mystery on it. But if it's a stealth LS or mini designed to shake up the status quo and world building a little, then maybe.

Maybe this Trial is for those with the worst Gala costumes?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Maybe this Trial is for those with the worst Gala costumes?
    It could be something right under our noses light maybe a trial, if that is what it ends up being, for Anole and co breaking into x-factor and stealing the bodies of other mutants and whatever they did with those.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    It could be something right under our noses light maybe a trial, if that is what it ends up being, for Anole and co breaking into x-factor and stealing the bodies of other mutants and whatever they did with those.
    True. Or something sneaky that someone(s) did that maybe we do not even know yet......but they will get into with The Trial. This could be a good story!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I didn’t think the series would focus on Prodigy or a single character, more like on the concept of the consequences of resurrection mistakes or the dangerous side of it or something similar to shake up things a little. Duplicating someone would be a big problem obviously. This was already established in other books and in X-Factor as a rule to make sure it never happens, and Hickman himself teased after HOX/POX the idea of what happens if accidentally duplicate a mutant and said it’s a story to explore. Since Prodigy’s story seems to be about this, it could lead to explore this situation. (But even if the new book has nothing to do with this, I think we’ll see the problem of duplicates at some point.)

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Wonder if it's also possible that this isn't replacing X-Factor but X-Factor is tying in in some sort of big way and was taking a month off bc of that.
    I thought of this too, although I think X-Factor will be relaunched or changed into something slightly different. Well, something’s definitely happening with it: “you will see what is going on with X-Factor in a soon-to-be-made announcement. So it’s probably not what everyone is most fearing, but I think it is something that you guys are not quite expecting yet”
    I just thought that the new book was a possibility because of the same writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Additional thought: What if Prodigy (or one of him, anyway) is on trial for intentionally subverting the resurrection protocols? Manipulating the circumstances to have your own powered duplicate brought back to life seems like something the QC might have strong feelings on.
    Also I imagine the outside world would also feel very strongly and uneasy about the whole resurrection process especially if it was manipulated with not good intentions.
    Be kind, it's FREE