Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I also think one of the possibilities is something a little more focused on the 5, but they are featured in X-Factor so unless that book ends I don't think that would be the case.
    I definitely do not think it has ANYTHING to do with Wanda. Like, Marvel isn't going to do this so we need to let it go.
    A trial of Mystique would be interesting but I don't think they would make a new book about it.
    I do think that given how Way of X is exploring religion and a different viewpoint on Krakoa, this could follow mutants who are looking to reform the Crucible Trial.
    They keep reminding readers of Wanda every other issue. Sure, that may them being too obvious about it. There is some big storyline shaping up for the Fall/Winter and the buzz, coming from some good sources, is Wanda has something to do with it. Again, sources could just be messing with readers to throw them off. Just like redacting something that obviously reads as The Trial (and sounds like a horrible title).

We should be getting an announcement about this soon right? If I remember correctly they usually announce new books at least a couple of weeks before they are solicited.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    They keep reminding readers of Wanda every other issue. Sure, that may them being too obvious about it. There is some big storyline shaping up for the Fall/Winter and the buzz, coming from some good sources, is Wanda has something to do with it. Again, sources could just be messing with readers to throw them off. Just like redacting something that obviously reads as The Trial (and sounds like a horrible title).
    I could be wrong and I'm ok with that. But I really don't think it will amount to anything good for any characters involved at this point. House of M was almost 20 years ago for readers, and while we still feel it's sting I don't know if it helps Marvel or any line to make it be front and center again. It's a false AvX and will again likely paint the X-Men as the villains. I honestly hope it has nothing to do with her as I just don't see anything good coming out of it for anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I could be wrong and I'm ok with that. But I really don't think it will amount to anything good for any characters involved at this point. House of M was almost 20 years ago for readers, and while we still feel it's sting I don't know if it helps Marvel or any line to make it be front and center again. It's a false AvX and will again likely paint the X-Men as the villains. I honestly hope it has nothing to do with her as I just don't see anything good coming out of it for anyone.
    It doesn’t necessarily have to be an AVX outcome. She could willingly submit to a trial and tell all the avengers, her brother, and her children to respect her wishes and let her accept her punishment. HoM may have been about 20 years for us but instory timeline is 2-3 years so it makes since if it does involve Wanda. I can’t see it being about Mystique cause it’s to early in the game and Mystique is not sloppy when she goes about her misdeeds.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I don't know how you fit the L when the first letter is clearly a letter like T or E
    My brain is just not clicking for the trial I guess. I mean unless as said it's for mystique and of a future deed. Mutants can't put Wanda on trial unless they make her a mutant again first. Otherwise they would be violating some law. Unless of course as stated Wanda submits to one and it's outcome.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    My brain is just not clicking for the trial I guess. I mean unless as said it's for mystique and of a future deed. Mutants can't put Wanda on trial unless they make her a mutant again first. Otherwise they would be violating some law. Unless of course as stated Wanda submits to one and it's outcome.
    Krakoa putting a non-mutant on trial for the "greatest crimes against mutants" would not be the most farfetched thing Krakoa has done. It also happens all the time in the real world.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I think it's going to be the trial of Mystique. I think she's going to do something extreme to try and get Destiny resurrected, but she'll get caught and that threatens to expose why Krakoa won't resurrect precogs.
    Imagine if Mystique blows up Krakoa while everyone is out having a party in the Gala. Sabertooth is back and he murders the Five. What if Sinister resurrected Destiny’ consciousness using one of his clones to lessen suspicion?What if Sebastian Shaw, Fabian Cortez, Selene, and the Shadow King were plotting with Mystique all along.

Maybe Sebastian Shaw?

Quote Originally Posted by Peace View Post
    Maybe Sebastian Shaw?
    that was my first thought as well. It's not too early revisit the Mystique plotline and get it rolling, but I do think it's too early for it to come to some kind of conclusion, even if a temporary one.

Far fetched and waaaay too early but what if Moira's existence is found out and it's a trial for her, or even Xavier. Three years down the road I'd go with it for sure, but I don't see it yet

I feel like this is for something that's already happened, and Sebastian Shaw seems like the most obvious candidate. Or possibly Beast.

But oh my I would love to see Askani's 5's idea played out. It's more in GRRM's style than Hickman's but jeez that would be a fantastic chaotic curveball.
    Last edited by Captain Nash; 04-29-2021 at 09:22 AM.

Perhaps The Trial is a rite of passage that they have created in Krakoa for mutants. As it was before graduating from Xavier School.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Watch it not be trial related at all

While Wanda and Beast are the main suspects to be the center of "The Trial", but I wouldn't be surprised if the defendant in question happens to be Sabretooth. Considering the plot thread being referenced in Excalibur and Hellions, it wouldn't be out of place see this thread come to a head, especially given the status of "kill no man".
    Mutant and Proud
    Krakoa FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    If there is such a thing in the works, then Lorna being on the main X-Men team works great for Marvel. Even if Marvel keeps the Axis retcon as-is, Lorna was at least believed to be Wanda's sister for the tumultuous period from end of Genosha to Axis. Lorna also didn't get to be there when Axis happened, and hasn't been able to interact with Wanda or Pietro at all since. And there's plenty of fandom for Lorna and Wanda as sisters even all these years after the Axis retcon happened.

P.S. - If it is "The Trial," and it's meant to be like putting someone on trial for a crime, then I'm starting to think Mystique is a good possibility. The setup for that with Destiny is nearly 2 years old. Makes sense to me to move forward with it at this stage.
    Last edited by salarta; 04-29-2021 at 09:43 AM.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Watch it not be trial related at all
    This is actually a pretty good idea.

It could be something like people making a case for a new body or people making a case to bring back a dead mutant who is at the end of the queue or something or a clone or duplicate. Like Havok having a trial to bring back Maddie or the wolverines wanting Gabby back if she dies.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

Thats for darkhold. It was one of the events pushed back via covid