Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    This will be the start of the end of Krakoa.

An Inquisition sort of situation.
    Maybe. My money is on it having something to do with Mystique. I'm digging this Krakoa stuff so I don't want it to end anytime soon but when that end comes I want Raven to have some hand in it.
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 04-30-2021 at 08:05 AM. Reason: Typos: Zero Tolerance
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

I wish the Krakoa status quo remained for a long time. It has so much potential for interesting stories. But I'm afraid that's not usual in comics...

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

An Inquisition sort of situation.
    Plot advancement? Finally.

Astonishing Member

Does anyone actually want Krakoa gone?

I mean, leaving it around and showing that Marvel can break from the status quo/being overly reliant on matching year 202_ and succeed could be an inspiration for the rest of the books to follow suit

I mean I don't think making the X-Men elite ubermensch really would work long term, the same way I don't think replacing Peter with Ock or making Steve Rogers secretly Hydra permanent would be interesting as a permanent thing either

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post

I mean, leaving it around and showing that Marvel can break from the status quo/being overly reliant on matching year 202_ and succeed could be an inspiration for the rest of the books to follow suit
    I could so without the resurrections and the the fake pleasantries. Give me some real stakes and some internal drama, there are too many agendas on that island to be sitting there doing nothing with.

edit: And I should say I mean this in the hopes that the Trial book, whatever it is, leads into that kind of stuff. Let's say Wanda is involved, let's see how Magneto and Polaris really feel, and what wedges are driven in the community.

Yeah the resurrection protocols only really work as a way to put old characters back on the table, but as a storytelling thing it kind of takes even the slightest bit of drama out of comic book deaths, and that's saying something since the stakes were already low to begin with.

Killing off characters in order to give the illusion of progress and incisive storytelling never turned lame stories into good ones, I’m very happy the x-books are no longer lending this narrative crutch to writers looking to leave a mark by upping the death count
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Killing off characters in order to give the illusion of progress and incisive storytelling never turned lame stories into good ones, I’m very happy the x-books are no longer lending this narrative crutch to writers looking to leave a mark by upping the death count
    The death count is up. Just the back from the dead count is going up with less delay. Wanting deaths "to matter" does not mean people want deaths all the time, either.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post

I certainly don't want it gone. What are people pining for? Another mansion in Westchester to get blown up every six months? A return to Central Park or Limbo? This Krakoa stuff is the most interesting the X books have been in a long while in my opinion. It really is the first serious take on a mutant nation that has been attempted in the mythology. Genosha and Utopia were paltry attempts at nationhood in comparison.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Again?

100char
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Yeah now characters die for shock value every few issues instead of every few years...

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    I certainly don't want it gone. What are people pining for? Another mansion in Westchester to get blown up every six months? A return to Central Park or Limbo? This Krakoa stuff is the most interesting the X books have been in a long while in my opinion. It really is the first serious take on a mutant nation that has been attempted in the mythology. Genosha and Utopia were paltry attempts at nationhood in comparison.
    Different isn't necessarily better. If Axis/Secret Empire/Superior Spider-Man were permanent new status quo people wouldn't have gone with those

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Different isn't necessarily better. If Axis/Secret Empire/Superior Spider-Man were permanent new status quo people wouldn't have gone with those
    The difference is that, with the exception of Superior Spider-Man, those titles were not well received. Secret Empire and Axis, at least in my opinion, were absolutely terrible.

Different for the sake of being different isn't what readers want on the long game. just a temporary shake up is enough

Yeah now characters die for shock value every few issues instead of every few years...
    yeah they die a the time just because they can be brought back.

Death is meaningless, but now death doesnt need to be this level meaningless. Make mutants all look like rookies
    Last edited by Rang10; 04-30-2021 at 11:30 AM.