Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Different for the sake of being different isn't what readers want on the long game. just a temporary shake up is enough
    I would genuinely like to see the Krakoan nation last in some fashion, though I doubt it will in the long run. But it would be cool if, over time, some mutants leave and live in the human world perhaps disillusioned with the mutant nation, other mutants become outright baneful antagonists to the very concept of Krakoa, and some mutants remain citizens of Krakoa, which would remain the home of the X-Men and their allies. Hell, there is no reason you couldn't build a mansion in the Akademos habitat. Have a little bit of the old with the new.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    I would genuinely like to see the Krakoan nation last in some fashion, though I doubt it will in the long run. But it would be cool if, over time, some mutants leave and live in the human world perhaps disillusioned with the mutant nation, other mutants become outright baneful antagonists to the very concept of Krakoa, and some mutants remain citizens of Krakoa, which would remain the home of the X-Men and their allies. Hell, there is no reason you couldn't build a mansion in the Akademos habitat. Have a little bit of the old with the new.
    Why even build a mansion on krakoa? There isn't any purpose on it.

I think mist X-men shoud get out of krakoa and it beomes a rogue nation like it was Genosha

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

The difference is that, with the exception of Superior Spider-Man, those titles were not well received. Secret Empire and Axis, at least in my opinion, were absolutely terrible.
    That doesn't mean they should be permanent. I sure don't want this 180 to last forever.

I think mist X-men shoud get out of krakoa and it beomes a rogue nation like it was Genosha
    That has been done before, why play it out again?
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I could so without the resurrections and the the fake pleasantries. Give me some real stakes and some internal drama, there are too many agendas on that island to be sitting there doing nothing with.

edit: And I should say I mean this in the hopes that the Trial book, whatever it is, leads into that kind of stuff. Let's say Wanda is involved, let's see how Magneto and Polaris really feel, and what wedges are driven in the community.
    I think there´s a big possibility given the chance Magneto would try to blame himself or get into a confrontation with Exodus and the rest of the QC this could be interesting.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

That has been done before, why play it out again?
    krakoa is already playing things again

krakoa is already playing things again
    How so? It is quite a different nation than Genosha or Utopia (which really should've been called Mutopia, IMHO).

How so? It is quite a different nation than Genosha or Utopia (which really should've been called Mutopia, IMHO).
    Mutant nation is already done twice

Mutant nation is already done twice
    It’s different in that it’s an officially recognized nation by the UN unlike Utopia and Genosha, the later of which was given to Magneto for appeasement. Though Krakoa is set up to be soul crushing. Just think to have paradise only for it to destroyed before your very eyes. I live for stories like these.
    Last edited by Covetous_One; 04-30-2021 at 03:43 PM.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    It’s different in that it’s an officially recognized nation by the UN unlike Utopia and Genosha, the later of which was given to Magneto for appeasement. Though Krakoa is set up to be soul crushing. Just think to have paradise only for it to destroyed before your very eyes. I live for stories like these.
    That is mostly a detail, it is not a big difference.

Paradise lost is a trope. Krakoa also has too many dark secrets

Fantastic Member

"THE TRIAD"
    A polyamorous title exploring Jean,Scott, and Logan's romance.

I myself hope Krakoa is around for many years to come, yes I would look forward to a Trial for the Scarlet Witch, where do Magnetos and Polaris true deep feelings lie, how Magneto and Exodus clash over Wandas fate, how the Avengers and former Avengers react, where Beast stands on the matter, how Mystique can work this to her advantage and cause disruption within the Quiet Council, Caliban reveals both Wanda and Quick Silver are mutants etc, etc.
    Last edited by PhoenixThanos; 04-30-2021 at 04:51 PM.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

I find the pretender stuff with Wanda interesting and worthy of expansion, but if all it ends up amounting to is Avengers vs. X-men 2 then count me out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jwyatt View Post
    "THE TRIAD"
    A polyamorous title exploring Jean,Scott, and Logan's romance.
    Yeeeaaah now this is an idea I can get behind!

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    I find the pretender stuff with Wanda interesting and worthy of expansion, but if all it ends up amounting to is Avengers vs. X-men 2 then count me out.

Yeeeaaah now this is an idea I can get behind!
    I think the upcoming X-Men roster of Cyclops, Jean Grey, Rogue, Polaris, Sunfire, X23 and Synch would side with the Avengers but the other citizens of Krakoa may be split on their opinions.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

The thing that makes me think it's not a trial is that this would presumably be an ongoing if Hickmans on it directly, and regardless if it's Mystique or Wanda idk if there's enough in that type of thing for an ongoing