Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jwyatt View Post
    "THE TRIAD"
    A polyamorous title exploring Jean,Scott, and Logan's romance.
    Yeah Scott ends up with Logan and Jean moves on lol
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    The thing that makes me think it's not a trial is that this would presumably be an ongoing if Hickmans on it directly, and regardless if it's Mystique or Wanda idk if there's enough in that type of thing for an ongoing
    The Trial will be a mini series the other un-named title is an ongoing, people think it will be something to do with Moira.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Extraordinary Member

The thing that makes me think it's not a trial is that this would presumably be an ongoing if Hickmans on it directly, and regardless if it's Mystique or Wanda idk if there's enough in that type of thing for an ongoing
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    The Trial will be a mini series the other un-named title is an ongoing, people think it will be something to do with Moira.
    Yes, The Trial is the guess for the Williams-Schiti book.

Astonishing Member

I suspect that Hickman would want to deal with Moira directly, or at least be on the initial writing team for a few issues, so I’m assuming it’s not her

While the Avengers office clearly doesn’t give a damn about Wanda (USAgent’s had a mini for God’s sake), their too territorial to let the X-books decide her fate unless she was horsetraded in exchange for Slott and Aaron’s retcons to Franklin and Phoenix

If it happens I assume there’s a limit on how badly it goes for Wanda, because synergy

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    It’s different in that it’s an officially recognized nation by the UN unlike Utopia and Genosha, the later of which was given to Magneto for appeasement. Though Krakoa is set up to be soul crushing. Just think to have paradise only for it to destroyed before your very eyes. I live for stories like these.
    Exactly. Thank you! I'm glad someone else in here recognizes the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    While the Avengers office clearly doesn’t give a damn about Wanda (USAgent’s had a mini for God’s sake), their too territorial to let the X-books decide her fate unless she was horsetraded in exchange for Slott and Aaron’s retcons to Franklin and Phoenix
    I'm still disturbed that Aaron got to play with the Phoenix like that. It is a travesty of justice!

If it happens I assume there’s a limit on how badly it goes for Wanda, because synergy
    I think you're right on the mark here. Synergy is clearly somewhat important to the publisher when it comes to the characters that have already been included in the MCU.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

I suspect that Hickman would want to deal with Moira directly, or at least be on the initial writing team for a few issues, so I’m assuming it’s not her

Slott and Aaron retcons doesnt need X-office approval. Brevoort probably doesn't care a lot about Wanda, not sure if toher editors and writers there can influence it

Not so much synergy, but people are pretty read to call out misoginy when it happens
    Last edited by Rang10; 05-01-2021 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Slott and Aaron retcons doesnt need X-office approval. Brevoort probably doesn't care a lot about Wanda, not sure if toher editors and writers there can influence it

Not so much synergy, but people are pretty read to call out misoginy when it happens
    There has to be some synergy since technically any Marvel writer can use any character in their story be it an Avenger or X-Men it just can’t interrupt the flow of another writer’s story when they are using the same character/characters
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    I'm still disturbed that Aaron got to play with the Phoenix like that. It is a travesty of justice!
    The thing that stands out about that for me is that it would seem like Hickman has no real plans for the Phoenix, if he let someone else play with that toy.

And I'm okay with that. There's already enough moving parts in this Age of Krakoa, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    The thing that stands out about that for me is that it would seem like Hickman has no real plans for the Phoenix, if he let someone else play with that toy.

And I'm okay with that. There's already enough moving parts in this Age of Krakoa, IMO.
    I agree, plus I'm kinda sick of the Phoenix. I was cool with Jean telling it to sod off a while back. But I'd prefer it to disappear entirely for a while as opposed to it being an Avengers thing.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

Aaron took Phoenix before Hickman

Yeah, i’ll take a wager that is, in fact, NOT the phoenix.

Jason Aaron manages to write Phoenix in whatever he writes. Spiderman, Wolverine, Thor, now Avengers...

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    Jason Aaron manages to write Phoenix in whatever he writes. Spiderman, Wolverine, Thor, now Avengers...
    Here is hoping he writes squirrel girl next then!

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Aaron's Phoenix is still better than the last Phoenix story in the movies

Aaron's Phoenix is still better than the last Phoenix story in the movies
    I loved the phoenix in AvX. I’ll fight anyone in the crucible who disagrees.