Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Default The militarization of police and gun control are related issues.

I’m not sure you can de militarize the police until you have a situation where police don’t have to feel with criminals dealing with military grade weapons. You can’t have situations like the north Hollywood shoot out were police are outgunned by the criminals.

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    I’m not sure you can de militarize the police until you have a situation where police don’t have to feel with criminals dealing with military grade weapons. You can’t have situations like the north Hollywood shoot out were police are outgunned by the criminals.
    It seems logical… I don’t understand the point in selling military grade weapons. These are used for war and their use is not justified in a country at peace.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Not true, the Police are not a branch of the Military and we don't need them to be weaponized. We have plenty of guns and tanks that can brought in if they are needed. Every time a cop goes out in full combat gear they want to USE it.

Quote Originally Posted by mortari View Post
    Not true, the Police are not a branch of the Military and we don't need them to be weaponized. We have plenty of guns and tanks that can brought in if they are needed. Every time a cop goes out in full combat gear they want to USE it.
    How long would it take to call in lets say the National guard or some one like that if there is a mass shooting, or a bank robber with a military weapon and a mad on for killing people.

I do not mind police having Military style assualt guns, they just dont need to be brought out every situation. They dont need tanks. That is going too far.

The real problem is letting civilians buy these type of weapons. Dont want police to have them? Stop selling them to Joe Six Pack on the street.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Weapons of combat should be taken out of everyone's hands, except the Military. Civilians should 't have access to them, Police shouldn't have access to them. We have National Guard troops who are Military, who have access to Military weapons and are trained to use them. We don't need anyone else to have them in the US.

The likelihood of the US being invaded is nill, our military and civil defense is too strong and would scare off anyone who tried. Besides, these days it's all about Cyberwarfare among the powerhouse nations of the world.

It should be enough (bad enough in my opinion) that civilians and police have access to handguns and licensed hunters can use hunting rifles.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    How long would it take to call in lets say the National guard or some one like that if there is a mass shooting, or a bank robber with a military weapon and a mad on for killing people.

I do not mind police having Military style assualt guns, they just dont need to be brought out every situation. They dont need tanks. That is going too far.

The real problem is letting civilians buy these type of weapons. Dont want police to have them? Stop selling them to Joe Six Pack on the street.
    Outside of a Movie how often does this happen?

Quote Originally Posted by mortari View Post
    Outside of a Movie how often does this happen?
    Mass shootings? You are right they never happen in America. And Hell not just mass shootings. This country is divided and crazy. Social unrest caused by politics is very real. Look at the 6th. I mean how long did it take to call the guard out? Lucky for the people at the capital those people were idiots more concerned with taking pics and yelling slogans into cameras. Will the next batch be so dumb?
    Last edited by babyblob; 04-29-2021 at 09:52 AM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Ultimate Member

I've heard much of the reason there are so many guns is because a lot of more right-wing people think everyone's out to get them. Remember Kyle Rittenhouse?

These people claim gun rights are to protect against government oppression, yet many of those same people are politically aligned with militarizing police, border control, etc. So what gives?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I've heard much of the reason there are so many guns is because a lot of more right-wing people think everyone's out to get them. Remember Kyle Rittenhouse?

These people claim gun rights are to protect against government oppression, yet many of those same people are politically aligned with militarizing police, border control, etc. So what gives?
    Some are aligned with violently anti-police groups that consider killing a police office patriotic [it's more idiotic].

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Some are aligned with violently anti-police groups that consider killing a police office patriotic [it's more idiotic].
    Who are those?

Astonishing Member

Who are those?
    People that like to have excuses to have guns.

Who are those?
    Just look up any police shootings related to the 'Boogaloo Bois'. It's one aspect of that group that they target police officers as representatives of the government they want to destroy.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Just look up any police shootings related to the 'Boogaloo Bois'. It's one aspect of that group that they target police officers as representatives of the government they want to destroy.
    Oh ok. I'll check that out.