Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    I don't see a huge difference. His relooking in PAD's Captain Marvel was far more radical.

I fear for him. Remender has killed several C-D list characters in his stories. I hope Eros doesn't get Goliathed.
    Didn't Mark Millar kill Goliath? (Or am I thinking of a different Goliath?)

As far as I can tell, Remender mostly brings back all the characters he kills, and he's also resurrected a number of characters killed by others (Grim Reaper, Sentry, Daken, Banshee).

I think this is one of the cases of a meme that doesn't reflect reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Melbourne View Post

As far as I can tell, Remender mostly brings back all the characters he kills, and he's also resurrected a number of characters killed by others (Grim Reaper, Sentry, Daken, Banshee).

true. i think it would be fair to say he uses character death to strike an emotion in the reader. sometimes its shocking or viewed as gratuitous. Ian and Sharon who were killed off early in his Cap run...back now. but their deaths sparked quite a bit of fan grumblings.

Actually LIKES comics!

Cool. Was never a huge fan of the character, but I never disliked him either. Well, I did hate his collar. Looked like a douche. This is better.

As for the timing of this .... hmmm ......... could they be preparing to introduce the Eternals, Titan and or Starfox (possibly as Star-Lord's father) in the MCU??? And this is how they start making him/them more relevant in the comics to build anticipation ala GotG???

Extraordinary Member

I am a long time fan of Starfox. I don't think he will die any time soon. I think he will appear on film.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

The redesign is basically just a more loose fitted version of his classic costume with added lines and kneepads.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Melbourne View Post

Yeah, Millar killed Goliath. I'm refering to him because it was a known case of character pulled out of limbo just to be killed.

Remender brought back some characters, true, but some, like the best Ant-Man, weren't so lucky. GW Bridge, Gateway and Toxin are still dead too, and had sad and pathetic deaths. Not to mention the AoA X-Men.

BANNED

False advertising. BOOOOO!!!

Quivering Euphoric Blob CaTigeReptile's Avatar

I'm on my phone so can't really tell, but is that facial hair? And he seems to have gained 100 lbs of muscle. He looks like a bruiser. Kneepads and rubber grip soles, no gauntlets . . Tacticool gritty reboot just like I was expecting. I just hope that his personality stays the same, because it would be a shame if they got rid of his cuteness. But based on his burliness here I'm not too hopeful. Dat package, tho

Also nah, they're not gonna kill him. There's absolutely no point in bringing him back after 10 years just to kill him. Though him being Star-Lord's MCU daddy makes me lol yet I kinda dig it.
    Last edited by CaTigeReptile; 08-22-2014 at 11:51 AM.

BANNED

Looks good.

Looks very New 52ish, which isn't always a bad thing. Bring back Hercules next, Marvel.

Astonishing Member Global Honored's Avatar

I dig it. Opena makes Starfox look like the complete badass that he is.

Ditto on the Herc return. Also pencilled by Opena would be nice.

Astonishing Member

Make the outfit orange and black -- and color his hair brown -- and you have DC's Timber Wolf (as designed by Dave Cockrum). Of course, that similarity was there way back when. Not sure which design was created first, but Cockrum did ink Starlin on at least one issue of Captain Marvel.

BANNED

I really wish the artist would have deviated away from his original design a bit. Star Fox could potentially be a very interesting an popular character but as of right now his design might as well be his old costume, with comics be such a visual medium that it is a interesting eye caching design can get fan's fired up instantly. Not really sure this design accomplished that. Who knows the costume might look better with some colors and in sequence but I do wish the artist would have went with something closer to this.....

trying to wrap my head around how exactly starfox can be taken seriously after that she-hulk story.

Astonishing Member Global Honored's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    trying to wrap my head around how exactly starfox can be taken seriously after that she-hulk story.
    Well this is a Remender/Opena story so I imagine the tone will be very, very serious indeed.