Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quivering Euphoric Blob CaTigeReptile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    trying to wrap my head around how exactly starfox can be taken seriously after that she-hulk story.
    Because it was a decade ago and had no real connection to any continuity and since it was in the she-hulk run might not even be considered canon?

why would she-hulk not be canon?

trying to wrap my head around how exactly starfox can be taken seriously after that she-hulk story.
    the story doesn't matter. same as with characters that are 'tainted' like Scarlet Witch or Namor. those characters have fans and story potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Tigris View Post
    As for the timing of this .... hmmm ......... could they be preparing to introduce the Eternals, Titan and or Starfox (possibly as Star-Lord's father) in the MCU??? And this is how they start making him/them more relevant in the comics to build anticipation ala GotG???
    Don't know if I like the idea of 'Fox being Star-Lord's dad, but I'd rather see the Eternals (Earth or Titan) in the MCU than the Inhumans. I'd love to see Sersi pop up on screen.

why would she-hulk not be canon?

Her 4th wall breaking powers come to mind, but mostly because it's really easy to say "that never happened" in comics.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LGBoex View Post
    Less spandex-y, more... New52
    That was my first thought - very new 52.

All they did was add more lines in the empty space of the costume.

He still looks like a tool but I am bias as I never liked him.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I keep forgetting he is an Eternal. Like the tweaking of his costume though.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Hmm it looks like Starfox tooks some steroids and now has some stubble I guess to make him more "accessible." I'm a bit concerned if this will signal a more stereotypical badass characterization to make him more accessible. I hope Remender doesn't kill him. Banshee was dragged from years of obscurity just to be killed off for a storyline twice. So Marvel isn't above that. That said, I'm liking the costume. If Marvel actually does right by him I will eat my words. I suppose its good that Marvel are even daring to give him another chance.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 08-22-2014 at 08:48 PM.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

How would anyone be able to take Cyclops seriously after Maddy?
    How would anyone take Nightcrawler seriously after Draco?
    How would anyone take Wolverine seriously after Origins?

Hell, people still read Avengers with Scarlet Witch in it.

I mean characters being put through the meat grinder is nothing new.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 08-22-2014 at 08:58 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaTigeReptile View Post
    Her 4th wall breaking powers come to mind, but mostly because it's really easy to say "that never happened" in comics.
    4th Wall breaking was a different run--Jen never did that in the Slott series. That run has been very much a part of continuity, with events tying into multiple other books.

However, as you said, that story was a decade ago. There is no reason that the story from SHE-HULK should have any bearing on his return now. That story was over and resolved--now he's back in a new story.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X
    Why wouldn't he be? That storyline was resolved showing that he was innocent of the charges, and that he had been the victim of mind-tampering. The mental tampering was fixed, his innocence was proven, and he was restored to being the hero he had always been.

Quote Originally Posted by Chia Head View Post
    Hmm it looks like Starfox tooks some steroids and now has some stubble I guess to make him more "accessible." I'm a bit concerned if this will signal a more stereotypical badass characterization to make him more accessible. I hope Remender doesn't kill him. Banshee was dragged from years of obscurity just to be killed off for a storyline twice. So Marvel isn't above that. That said, I'm liking the costume. If Marvel actually does right by him I will eat my words. I suppose its good that Marvel are even daring to give him another chance.
    Exactly. Because that's what we need - another rugged white guy.

I mean yeah, the costume is basically the same - except that he's burly and stubbly and gritty and not at all beautiful. I'm not surprised, but I'm slightly disappointed that they did do the predictable angle instead of using him to his full potential as a unique character.

Ditto on the eating my words, but I'm not about to stay hungry.

'Cept he's not gonna die.

Mentor might, though.

I'm calling it: Mentor dies; Eros becomes leader of Titan.
    Last edited by CaTigeReptile; 08-22-2014 at 10:28 PM.

does he have the same powers? How is the uh, "situation" from years ago with SHe-Hulk resolved?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    does he have the same powers? How is the uh, "situation" from years ago with SHe-Hulk resolved?
    The situation was resolved that Starfox was innocent, and had been subjected to mental tampering by Thanos (or rather, one of his duplictaes) that damaged Eros' mind and powers. Eros was restored...but last we knew, his pleasure powers were not restored.

It has not yet been addressed whether Remender plans on bringing those powers back, or just leaving him with the original "super-strong, flight, Eternal" power set that the character was originally introduced with.