Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quivering Euphoric Blob CaTigeReptile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    The situation was resolved that Starfox was innocent, and had been subjected to mental tampering by Thanos (or rather, one of his duplictaes) that damaged Eros' mind and powers. Eros was restored...but last we knew, his pleasure powers were not restored.

It has not yet been addressed whether Remender plans on bringing those powers back, or just leaving him with the original "super-strong, flight, Eternal" power set that the character was originally introduced with.
    He wasn't introduced as an Eternal, but I know you know that.

I get my She-Hulk mixed up all the time . . . but I still say Shulk story line gets ignored.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaTigeReptile View Post
    He wasn't introduced as an Eternal, but I know you know that.
    True. I should have said Titan I suppose.

I get my She-Hulk mixed up all the time . . . but I still say Shulk story line gets ignored.
    I suspect it will be ignored, for the simple reason that it isn't relevant to the story (as far as we know--but I think we can safely assume that the schemes of a Thanos clone won't be relevant to Ultron taking up residence on Titan). The only part of it that would be relevant at all is the status of Starfox's pleasure powers....and even that might not be relevant in this particular story. After all, would a robot like Ultron even be vulnerable to them? He has emotions, but would Starfox's power affect his robotic brain?

And even if the powers do return without an on-panel explanation, it can be justified easily enough that his Eternal physiology simply repaired the brain damage over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    The only part of it that would be relevant at all is the status of Starfox's pleasure powers....and even that might not be relevant in this particular story. After all, would a robot like Ultron even be vulnerable to them? He has emotions, but would Starfox's power affect his robotic brain?
    Exactly. How alive IS Ultron, really? How real ARE his emotions? It'd be a great thing to explore, and Eros's powers are a way to do it.

Okay, so I'm less cranky today and yeah, the costume is fine once I got over my whiny comic book fan "nothing can change!!!!" rage. In fact, obsessed as I am, I went into Photoshop and slimmed him down and it actually looks really great. So my only issues are with the face/stubble/rugged look (which is partially just Opena's style I guess) and with the bruiser burly bulk, both things that are subject to change when drawn by another artist (unless there's been an editorial mandate that Starfox must now be a rugged bruiser).

In fact, the flare of the gloves and that little pattern on them are really '70s/'80s spaceglam and I like that quite a bit.

Also I still want to make jokes about the quite obvious outline in his pants and also related jokes about the kneepads.

Okay, so I'm less cranky today and yeah, the costume is fine once I got over my whiny comic book fan "nothing can change!!!!" rage. In fact, obsessed as I am, I went into Photoshop and slimmed him down and it actually looks really great. So my only issues are with the face/stubble/rugged look (which is partially just Opena's style I guess) and with the bruiser burly bulk, both things that are subject to change when drawn by another artist (unless there's been an editorial mandate that Starfox must now be a rugged bruiser).
    Looking at it again, I think I would call the image "stocky", rather than burly. It looks like a drawing of a pretty short dude, which I would be willing to bet is a product of wanting an image large enough to show off the various details of the uniform, while still fitting on the page. Hence, all the proportions got shortened. In print, he may slim down. In fact, unless I'm misremembering, Opena's art tends to make everyone slimmer than usual, so I wouldn't worry too much about that.

The rugged, bestubbled face is also an Opena staple but, as I maaaaayyy have mentioned, I'm a super fan of that look. On any man. Or every man. All of the mens. Stubbly beards for everyone.

Also I still want to make jokes about the quite obvious outline in his pants and also related jokes about the kneepads.
    An Avenger must always be prepared for anything.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Just the fact that so many people still bring up that horrible She Hulk story still shows how much damage it did to the character. Poor Starfox will always be labeled the space rapist by a lot of lazy readers just like how Pym will always be labeled the wife beater. And all for a story that was pretty damn bad to begin with. At least the Pym storyline was a great story.

Spectacular Member BertoFlyingFox's Avatar

Starfox is coming back? Yay

Astonishing Member

Okay, so I'm less cranky today and yeah, the costume is fine once I got over my whiny comic book fan "nothing can change!!!!" rage.
    *lol* Well, you DID say you were over-tired at the time...but at least you like it better now.

In fact, obsessed as I am, I went into Photoshop and slimmed him down and it actually looks really great. So my only issues are with the face/stubble/rugged look (which is partially just Opena's style I guess)
    And, as Hekabolos points out, mileage may vary when it comes to the stubble. On some men, stubble can be really sexy (whereas on some it can make them look like they need to wash their face. lol )

Although we're used to a clean-shaven pretty-boy look from Eros (aside from his experiment with a beard and a streak of grey in ChrisCross' redesign), I suspect Eros would be able to pull off a sexy stubbled look.

See--there IS a practical reason for the costume change!

I never understood how that unitard part of his costume was practical. You'd think such a sexual character would want to easily get in and out of his pants!

Quote Originally Posted by MollyBarton View Post
    I never understood how that unitard part of his costume was practical. You'd think such a sexual character would want to easily get in and out of his pants!
    Quoted for truth. It was a hassle to go to the bathroom when cosplaying as him.

Ugh I'm so excited he's coming back

All-New Member

Nice design! Do a barrel roll