Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Default Bertinelli or Wayne: the best Huntress is ?

Who do you think is the best Huntress Helena Wayne ( pre-crisis or New 52) version or Helena Bertinelli (post crisis or New 52) version ?
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

I read more Bertinelli stories so I'd say her.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Midnight View Post
    Who do you think is the best Huntress Helena Wayne ( pre-crisis or New 52) version or Helena Bertinelli (post crisis or New 52) version ?
    Pre-CoIE Helena Wayne was my favorite, but I like the others as well. (

And technically, I didn't think Helena Bertinelli was ever the "New52" Huntress. Didn't Bertinelli first show up without going by "Huntress" in Grayson, and it wasn't until Rebirth that she started going by Huntress?

Bertinelli was the Huntress I grew up on, so I have to go with her.

My first encounter with Helena was the Crisis where she died, so that settles that.

One of those demographic shift changes like Barry/Wally, Ted/Jamie ect.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Bertinelli, no contest.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Pre-CoIE Helena Wayne was my favorite, but I like the others as well. (

And technically, I didn't think Helena Bertinelli was ever the "New52" Huntress. Didn't Bertinelli first show up without going by "Huntress" in Grayson, and it wasn't until Rebirth that she started going by Huntress?
    Apparently, in New 52, Wayne (Earth-2) showed up on Earth Prime and usurped the Huntress persona from Bertinelli who had apparently died. However, we later find out her death was faked as she was recruited into Spyral as "Matron". I wonder if Bertinelli ever knew about Wayne temporarily taking her identity?

As for who is better, I grew up with Bertinelli but honestly its like asking; who is the better Green Lantern Alan, Hal or Kyle, who is the better Robin Dick, Tim or Damian, who is the better Flash Jay, Barry or Wally. These are characters that were created for each new generation.
    For my two-cents; Bertinelli better reflected the "Huntress" part of the persona through her hunting of the mafiosi. Wayne kinda stopped that after avenging her parents' deaths and gained a kind of Batman persona instead. Gotta love how the Helenas are the third lesser known girlfriends of Richard Grayson though.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Send me their portfolio and I'll come back later

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthborn View Post
    Apparently, in New 52, Wayne (Earth-2) showed up on Earth Prime and usurped the Huntress persona from Bertinelli who had apparently died. However, we later find out her death was faked as she was recruited into Spyral as "Matron". I wonder if Bertinelli ever knew about Wayne temporarily taking her identity?
    I only read that 2011 Huntress series as a tpb, but I didn't think that Helena Wayne had "usurped the Huntress persona from Bertinelli". I thought it was just the Bertinelli identity that she had been using during that run (and only then because I don't know if DC had definitely figured out if that Huntress series was featuring the Bertinelli or Wayne version of Helena at the start).

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I grew up with Wayne as the Huntress and was heart broken when she died, but quickly fell in love with Bertinelli after the Crisis.
    While I like the current Bertinelli, I kind of wish they had left the Earth 2 Wayne on the 52 Earth and when bertinelli needed a costumed name just let her be...the Matron.

Bertinelli, great character.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Danger Doll in pink! Chickfighter's Avatar

My favorite is the Wayne version that used to appear as a back-up story in Wonder Woman. Those were the reason to buy those comics. But I'm not hating on anybody else's favorite.

Amazing Member

Since i hate everything involving Batcat as more than a Fling, Helena Bertinelli all the way.
    Also its because i got introduced to the character as Helena Bertinelli, and most of the time the first version i get introduced, is the one i go with.

Spectacular Member

Bertinelli. Since we haven't seen much of the Wayne version in action.

Quote Originally Posted by saiyan_earthling View Post
    Bertinelli. Since we haven't seen much of the Wayne version in action.
    I guess you're too young then.

She was around for about eight years prior to her death in the final issue of Crisis on Infinite Earths.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I guess you're too young then.

She was around for about eight years prior to her death in the final issue of Crisis on Infinite Earths.
    Really when it comes down to it, thetes two versions of each...Wayne and Bertinelli. Despite the names, the pre-COIE Helena Wayne is as much a different character as Wayne and Bertinelli, with the same being said for the pre-Flashpoint and New 52 versions of Helena Bertinelli.