Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

The only Huntress stories I know are of the Bertinelli Huntress, I'm not familiar with the Wayne one at all. I liked her in 'No Man's Land' though.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    Bertinelli, great character.
    Put me in for Bertinelli as well.

Hey, should this be a poll?

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Hey, should this be a poll?
    You'd have to talk to Captain Midnight, but I'm not sure if that poster has been on since the beginning of the month.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Bertinelli, definitely.

While she got stuck in a character loop for a decade (outsider, tries to win over Batman, fails, repeat), her entire No Man's Land arc was fantastic and her defending a hall full of people from an army of Jokers is one of the coolest, badass and heroic things I've ever seen in a Batman comic.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    You'd have to talk to Captain Midnight, but I'm not sure if that poster has been on since the beginning of the month.
    y
    I should have done that, but I liked the pre-flashpoint Helena Bertinelli she was awesome in Birds of Prey plus I have to admit the New 52 World's Finest with Powergirl were great despite the two were originally Supergirl & Robin along with the fact I forgot lol
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

Bertinelli hands down, IMO.

Although, it isn't a fair comparison as Bertinelli has had a much longer in-print (we've witnessed in the pages of DC) career than Helena (regardless of incarnation).
    Last edited by Celgress; 05-17-2021 at 03:36 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Extraordinary Member

Tim seelys Betinelli was a lot of fun

Fantastic Member Spencermalley935's Avatar

Gonna cast my vote for Bertinelli.

I got more used to Helena Wayne in N52.

And now it seems we'll have a new Helena Wayne version of Huntress to deal with, though this version is a future daughter of Bruce and Selina who comes from a future that no longer exists.
    (If that doesn't make sense, just blame Geoff Johns.)

What's Helena Bertinelli doing these days, and is DC going to have two Huntresses running around at the same time?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    And now it seems we'll have a new Helena Wayne version of Huntress to deal with, though this version is a future daughter of Bruce and Selina who comes from a future that no longer exists.
    (If that doesn't make sense, just blame Geoff Johns.)

What's Helena Bertinelli doing these days, and is DC going to have two Huntresses running around at the same time?
    As opposed to having two Robins or more than 1 Batgirl?
    She’ll be fine. And they both can co-exist.

Bertinelli, daughter of a mobster

Retired

I always liked the original Huntress. Actually the first two original Huntresses, because there was one on both Earth-Two and Earth-One and both seem to have had a relationship with the Sportsmaster. The Earth-Two Huntress got in a fight with the second Huntress. After Crisis, both original Huntresses were amalgamated into one and were forced to change their name to Tigress. But Tigress and Sportsmaster doesn't sound as good to me as Huntress and Sportsmaster--the hunting and sport angle makes it much clearer why Paula and Crusher are hanging out together.

By rights, it's Helena Wayne who ought to have changed her name to Tigress--given her mother was a cat lady. But then Helena was dead (or else living under a brick) after the Crisis so it was moot (or mute if she was under a brick, no one could hear her scream). And they actually gave the Huntress name to someone who had no pedigree at all. That seems the greatest injustice to Paula--every time someone calls her "Tigress," I imagine inside a little part of her dies. This also leaves out the plethora of other women that have held the Tigress title. It's an Oresteia of name murder.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I always liked the original Huntress. Actually the first two original Huntresses, because there was one on both Earth-Two and Earth-One and both seem to have had a relationship with the Sportsmaster. The Earth-Two Huntress got in a fight with the second Huntress. After Crisis, both original Huntresses were amalgamated into one and were forced to change their name to Tigress. But Tigress and Sportsmaster doesn't sound as good to me as Huntress and Sportsmaster--the hunting and sport angle makes it much clearer why Paula and Crusher are hanging out together.
    Well, I'm not sure if the original, Golden Age Huntress "was forced" to change her name to Tigress (which, by the way, had been the name of an even older Golden Age foe of Zatara the Magician) or if Roy Thomas chose to give her that name for her younger days when she was hanging out with the Young All-Stars. So that way, Tigress could be her name before she became the criminal named Huntress.