Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    he obviously does if he is mentioning not having to watch someone burn. perhaps destiny filled him in? she said she would remember.
    I mean, Pyro's probably lit several people ablaze. He's not necessarily talking about Moira.

I would love it if he was filled in the entire time and just working with the X-Men to bide his time. He called Destiny mother or something which implies they had a deeper relationship than one would first assume. My hope is Mystique will call Pyro, Avalanche, Blob, etc. to her side as soon as her plan unveils.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I mean, Pyro's probably lit several people ablaze. He's not necessarily talking about Moira.

I would love it if he was filled in the entire time and just working with the X-Men to bide his time. He called Destiny mother or something which implies they had a deeper relationship than one would first assume. My hope is Mystique will call Pyro, Avalanche, Blob, etc. to her side as soon as her plan unveils.
    It just seems like a weird thing to say after giving so many direct examples of people he has worked with doing things to get what they want. But it could just be a nod. Though with the mystique storyline coming up it just feels a little too perfectly placed to remind us of that.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

It just seems like a weird thing to say after giving so many direct examples of people he has worked with doing things to get what they want. But it could just be a nod. Though with the mystique storyline coming up it just feels a little too perfectly placed to remind us of that.
    keep in mind the whole point of not allowing precogs like destiny is preventing the krakoan nation finding out what their ultimate end will be. Moira many lives was an attempt to prevent that end so if Pyro had any knowledge of that it would defeat the purpose of not allowing precogs on the island. at this point Moira even being there is still a secret I believe.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    keep in mind the whole point of not allowing precogs like destiny is preventing the krakoan nation finding out what their ultimate end will be. Moira many lives was an attempt to prevent that end so if Pyro had any knowledge of that it would defeat the purpose of not allowing precogs on the island. at this point Moira even being there is still a secret I believe.
    One has to wonder if she actualy left more documents or diaries behind than those who eventualy got destroyed?

Or even told other people something similar as to Mystique and there are a few more "sleepers" on Krakoa.

On that note. I wonder what Magneto eventualy did to the book of rambling prophecies of Qwerty?

Spectacular Member

Y'all, it's Pyro. I guarantee he's set people who aren't Moira on fire before, it's only a cute reference for readers.

But yeah, Bobby eating iced up is dumb...does he just never take human form anymore? Can't be fun for Christian

As i said in the Storm thread, i love the nod to HOX and Pyro setting moira on fire. And i think it's a very powerful statement from a mutant that controls fire and has worked with mutants like Avalance and Magneto and Destiny storm showed him you don't always have to burn things to get what you want. You did good Duggan. You did real good.
    I think it was a more of a nod from the author than from Pyro. Pyro was speaking of himself in general. But I do think the scene wanted readers to think back to that moment between Moira and Destiny.

Fantastic Member

where is our boy Avalanche anyway? haven't even seen a nod of him being around Krakoa. you'd think with who is there he would be.

also the Pyro/Magneto story is weird and doesn't line up.

so outside the books yeah they stick Magneto in the Brotherhood and Pyro is often there .... but in the books they've never been on a team together. Pyro was in Toad and Mystique's Brotherhood. The only times he's even met Magneto was when Magneto was with the X-Men and they fought Freedom Force.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    One has to wonder if she actualy left more documents or diaries behind than those who eventualy got destroyed?

Or even told other people something similar as to Mystique and there are a few more "sleepers" on Krakoa.

On that note. I wonder what Magneto eventualy did to the book of rambling prophecies of Qwerty?
    ooh this is definitely an interesting theory. I'm certain there are chinks in this armor xavier/magneto believe they have assembled around this secret. I think destiny's diary would be a good way of introducing said vulnerabilities.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Avalanche was seen once in the Green Lagoon. I like to think he spends time hanging out with other unused Brotherhoodies like Phantazia, Commando, and Unus.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Feel like we hardly have moments like this with the entire cast together(well mostly!)

I hope we get to see more of the marker system, last time we saw it was in the very first issue of cable, when Logan owed Cable a marker after losing a duel against him. I wonder if everyone has their own little personalized marker , thatd be kinda cute
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

I love that Pyro is finally doing something other than being drunk.
    My flag is bacon.

So we anticipate this issue will explain 'Ro's intentions, post-Marauder? Any other narrative beats expected?

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    https://aiptcomics.com/2021/04/29/ex...-marauders-20/

one thing, why doesn't Emma just go into her diamond for so she doesn't feel motion sickness lol but that also would mean that her emotions get shut off so it may seem that she wants to be emotionally present during this shindig
    Im not sure thats how her diamond form works buuut
    Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    See Way of X and Kurt parading around holding a cheese toastie by his tail. One, it would be cold, two, hairs, three, hygiene, Kurt, HYGIENE!
    Kurt doesn't shed hes not some dirty BEAST

Pyros blackface err....tattoo still irks me...I feel like they just wanted to draw/color something of a differnt hue
    But if thats the case Judy pick a brown or black mutant already existing
    Last edited by BroHomo; 04-30-2021 at 07:27 AM.
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    I love that Pyro is finally doing something other than being drunk.
    Same. I'd like to see Boom Boom lay off the booze too.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.