Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post

Kurt doesn't shed hes not some dirty BEAST
    Kurt kills drainage systems, 100% guaranteed.
    https://archiveofourown.org/works/24179527

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

This is such a beauty-full book. Can't Wait!!!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    Y'all, it's Pyro. I guarantee he's set people who aren't Moira on fire before, it's only a cute reference for readers.

But yeah, Bobby eating iced up is dumb...does he just never take human form anymore? Can't be fun for Christian
    I'm trying to figure out how they got HoX out of that. The reaching.

And yeah, Bobby eating in iced form makes no sense since he's technically not human in that form anymore.
    "Cable was right!"

Im not sure thats how her diamond form works buuut
    I mean if shes numbed to all physical and emotional pain in her diamond form i dont see why that form wouldnt ease the discomfort of sea sickness lol
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Maybe Emma is sad for ororo departure and not for the sea?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Whim View Post
    where is our boy Avalanche anyway? haven't even seen a nod of him being around Krakoa. you'd think with who is there he would be.

also the Pyro/Magneto story is weird and doesn't line up.

so outside the books yeah they stick Magneto in the Brotherhood and Pyro is often there .... but in the books they've never been on a team together. Pyro was in Toad and Mystique's Brotherhood. The only times he's even met Magneto was when Magneto was with the X-Men and they fought Freedom Force.
    I agree the Magneto thing was kinda weird. As far as I remember, Pyro never worked directly with Magneto, and I always thought of him as Mystique's man more than Magneto's. (He even got rejected for Avalon, along with Blob and Toad, when Exodus came to recruit Phantazia, although it's implied that his rejection was at least partially because he'd become infected with the Legacy Virus at that point.) It doesn't really feel like Duggan has done his homework with Pyro like he has for some of the other characters. But frankly, it's really nice to see Pyro even mentioning his past with the Brotherhood, and saying something serious instead of being drunk comic relief. It's actually kind of cute that he and Storm apparently had a bet going.

As others have said, I'm pretty sure that Pyro talking about setting people on fire was just a nod to his violent past, not indicating that he remembers anything about what he did to Moira. Pyro's set plenty of people on fire over the years.

I still hope that we'll see Pyro interacting with some of his old Brotherhood team-mates, either at the Gala or elsewhere.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    Same. I'd like to see Boom Boom lay off the booze too.
    And Kitty. I'm wondering if alcoholism will be addressed as a problem on Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin King View Post
    I agree the Magneto thing was kinda weird. As far as I remember, Pyro never worked directly with Magneto, and I always thought of him as Mystique's man more than Magneto's. (He even got rejected for Avalon, along with Blob and Toad, when Exodus came to recruit Phantazia, although it's implied that his rejection was at least partially because he'd become infected with the Legacy Virus at that point.) It doesn't really feel like Duggan has done his homework with Pyro like he has for some of the other characters. But frankly, it's really nice to see Pyro even mentioning his past with the Brotherhood, and saying something serious instead of being drunk comic relief. It's actually kind of cute that he and Storm apparently had a bet going.

As others have said, I'm pretty sure that Pyro talking about setting people on fire was just a nod to his violent past, not indicating that he remembers anything about what he did to Moira. Pyro's set plenty of people on fire over the years.

I still hope that we'll see Pyro interacting with some of his old Brotherhood team-mates, either at the Gala or elsewhere.
    Or perhaps just hang with the guys at the Green Lagoon?
    My flag is bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    And Kitty. I'm wondering if alcoholism will be addressed as a problem on Krakoa.
    It would seem that it is becoming an issue. I can't blame them for wanting to party but even a mutant liver can only handle so much. But, I guess if you can be resurrected anyway...
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post

Or perhaps just hang with the guys at the Green Lagoon?
    Yeah. Even just a background shot of Pyro hanging out with Avalanche and Blob at the bar would be cool. I'm still wondering if his lack of interaction with Brotherhood guys will turn out to be a plot point of some kind, like maybe he's become estranged from them because of the way he died. But we haven't gotten any hint of that.

It's funny, as much as mutants are shown drinking and partying on Krakoa, I don't know of any books so far presenting it as "a problem." I mean, the Marauders are the party crew, but so far they seem to be able to keep it under control. It's not like Pyro is showing up drunk when they go into battle, or Kitty getting wasted at Council meetings. There was the one flashback issue where Pyro was incoherently drunk, and that was treated more like a joke than a "Maybe this guy needs some help" moment. I totally agree that some characters, like Kitty, Boom Boom and Pyro are shown drinking way too much, but none of the writers seem to be treating it like an issue. Maybe they need to hold some kind of mass intervention.

Spectacular Member

Has Kitty really been shown getting that drunk post-resurrection? I got the feeling that was her way of dealing with her fears about not being able to use the gates or be resurrected but now she knows the resurrection process works on her she's chilled out some more.

Astonishing Member

Im not sure thats how her diamond form works buuut

Kurt doesn't shed hes not some dirty BEAST

Pyros blackface err....tattoo still irks me...I feel like they just wanted to draw/color something of a differnt hue
    But if thats the case Judy pick a brown or black mutant already existing
    I think calling it blackface is going too far. I understand those comments have been floating around since he first got the face tat but in my opinion it's grossly misconstrued. First and foremost blackface is about the intentional derogatory satire of mocking a black person (in most cases a black man) Pyro didn't get a black skull face tat because he wanted to mock a certain race he did it because he's a pirate and wanted a pirate skull tattoo covering his whole face because he's extra af.

They did it for aesthetic affect you see a skull when he uses his fire. But he should have just gotten a mask.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    They did it for aesthetic affect you see a skull when he uses his fire. But he should have just gotten a mask.
    Nah, the face tat is new and I dig how gnarly it is!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I think calling it blackface is going too far. I understand those comments have been floating around since he first got the face tat but in my opinion it's grossly misconstrued. First and foremost blackface is about the intentional derogatory satire of mocking a black person (in most cases a black man) Pyro didn't get a black skull face tat because he wanted to mock a certain race he did it because he's a pirate and wanted a pirate skull tattoo covering his whole face because he's extra af.
    Maybe should had used a white color for the skull, black is really looking too lose to a blackface

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Maybe should had used a white color for the skull, black is really looking too lose to a blackface
    I don't think white would look any less stupid but yeah, there are other ways around it if it has to be there at all...red would at least go with his costume, and it's a pretty standard tattoo color.

I probably would have just gone for a more stylised outline anyway tbh...the bit over his lip with the skull's teeth looks goofy as hell, I keep thinking he's got actual teeth missing lol