Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I said it before and I will say it again, Spencer wants to use almost every single villain in Peter’s history. With the female Electro and Carolyn the only villains that have not popped up or have been announced that are not D Listers are .1: Kingsley. 2: Molten Man. 3: Jackal. 4: Eddie ( Although he is no longer a bad guy). If OMD is ended and we get a happy ending for Peter and MJ then it is all worth it. If however OMD remains or MJ leaves the book then Spencer will have been one big “Dog and Pony Show.” I am Predicting OMD is reversed.
    Please no Jackal... *shudder*

Eddie (I’m assuming you mean Venom, not Vermin) is also played out a bit.

Would like a good Molten Man story.

I think OMD will get partially reversed. Marvel will try to have their cake and eat it too. Peter and MJ will become aware of the deal and undo it, but they will choose to stay unmarried since so much time has passed and so many things have changed. Not saying that’s what I would do, but that’s what I suspect. That way Marvel can keep Peter “single”, but still quiet the criticisms of him making a deal with the Devil.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Please no Jackal... *shudder*

Eddie (I’m assuming you mean Venom, not Vermin) is also played out a bit.

Would like a good Molten Man story.

I think OMD will get partially reversed. Marvel will try to have their cake and eat it too. Peter and MJ will become aware of the deal and undo it, but they will choose to stay unmarried since so much time has passed and so many things have changed. Not saying that’s what I would do, but that’s what I suspect. That way Marvel can keep Peter “single”, but still quiet the criticisms of him making a deal with the Devil.
    You are correct. The computer came out vermin and Jackal is my least favorite Peter character and that includes Cindy. I only bring him up because he is a major Peter enemy, and I was just listing them. I also like Molten Man he is in my top 20 rogues gallery characters ( although not in the top 10 like Kingsley).

in the last panel... I recognize white rabbit, "lady" electro, and I presume "lady" Dr. Octopus, but beyond that...?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    It probably will be a free-for-all, only concluded by the Kingpin seizing the power he needs to obtain his heart's desire. That said, with the Sinister War coming . . . will the Syndicate be part of it, since they started off as a Sinister Syndicate?
    This story reminds me of the film Smokin Aces with Boomerang as Buddy Aces Israel ( Jeremy Piven), Fisk as Primo Sparazza ( Joseph Ruskin) and Peter as the only good guy FBI Agent Richard Messner ( Ryan Reynolds). It is about the pursuit of a heart ( like The Tablet) and various assassins ( male and female alike) in a free for all.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    in the last panel... I recognize white rabbit, "lady" electro, and I presume "lady" Dr. Octopus, but beyond that...?
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Elaine_Coll_(Earth-616)

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Trapstr_(Earth-616)

Astonishing Member

With Peter battling the ladies in Amazing and then following that Star, I wonder if you will see Peter fighting ladies more often going forward? I for one do not oppose it, but if it happens on a regular basis I hope it is someone twisted and different like White Rabbit, instead of a meh replacement women who cannot compare to the originals ( especially Francine versus Dillion).

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I'd personally like to see more of Carolyn Trainer/Lady Octopus, particularly with a revival of her VR (virtual reality) tech, given how much more progress has been made developing VR in the real world compared to back in the 1990s when she debuted.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Loved the issue but not the art. I thought the Syndicate was blurred and it was hard to tell what was going on with them. Spencer has everyone in the pages of ASM. Going to be interesting to see all the plots and sub plots tied together. Hope to see a lot of Janice and the Syndicate in the future.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Loved the issue but not the art. I thought the Syndicate was blurred and it was hard to tell what was going on with them. Spencer has everyone in the pages of ASM. Going to be interesting to see all the plots and sub plots tied together. Hope to see a lot of Janice and the Syndicate in the future.
    Generally agreed, though I noticed the lights on Spider-Man's costume were turning red near the end. Either Spencer's making a nod to Kamen Rider 555/Faiz or the suit's beginning to run low on juice.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

What about Peter winning and getting the Tablet. If he gets out of the deal maybe he could use it to restore Aunt May once she dies?
    Wouldn't that defeat the point of killing her in the first place?

What about Peter winning and getting the Tablet. If he gets out of the deal maybe he could use it to restore Aunt May once she dies?
    Omd started cause peter couldn't let Aunt May die. Why dont people never bring that up?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Omd started cause peter couldn't let Aunt May die. Why dont people never bring that up?
    Really? That’s brought up a lot; specifically, people think it was selfish of Peter to sacrifice his marriage and unborn daughter for an elderly aunt that had already lived a full life.

Why could the rest of the Marvel Universe not save Aunt May? Dr. Strange lets Peter talk to many prominent characters, including Reed Richards and Dr. Doom. Doom's entire motivation as a character is to prove he's superior to Reed (to the point that he actually delivered Reed's daughter when he was told Reed couldn't do it). And he has a time machine that doesn't create AUs.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Why could the rest of the Marvel Universe not save Aunt May? Dr. Strange lets Peter talk to many prominent characters, including Reed Richards and Dr. Doom. Doom's entire motivation as a character is to prove he's superior to Reed (to the point that he actually delivered Reed's daughter when he was told Reed couldn't do it). And he has a time machine that doesn't create AUs.
    The Aunt May issue had 0% with Doom or anyone else. Marvel is quite aware that Doom, Strange or many characters could fix things. Remember her Cancer? That did not last long. Rather, the entire purpose of OMD followed by BND was set up by Alonso, Quesada, Wacker and eventually Slott to reboot Peter back to frat house days, because of a fear that fans would not accept an adult Peter. Why did they have that fear? Afraid of a loss of income. It took the replacement of those four men to finally start the process of undoing the mess: Do not forget that even Slott gave us RYV and it was successful. So they are quite aware what most ( but not all) fans want. Again, it took the replacement of all four from the Spider Office for this to ever happen.

Astonishing Member

People do nothing but bring that up. It's why Aunt May's garnered the hatedom she has.