Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Wouldn't this kind of metaphor also open her up to a quick counter argument about how humanity is the worst thing to ever happen to the world's eco system? Especialy when she uses the flowers and bees as example, considering that mono-cultures and pesticides have caused a massive death of bee populations.

So yeah, not the best choice of reasoning.
    If people justified using the pesticides, the point is there was an unforeseen consequence. So letting humans die off might sound like a solution, but they don't know what it would actually do that could be worse.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    My impression from the way Storm was speaking is that the council didn't send Magik or her team and that Magik is using her authority as a captain to act independently, hence why they're debating what to do despite Magik already being involved.
    Good point. We also know the reason why Magik picked a team of C-listers (because they can empathize with Man-Thing and Ted Sallis more).

But it's still not a good look to the uninformed when the heros have to reason with their villains on why they should do their duty as super heros.

Also i misread a bit of the preview. They are totaly gonna help.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Honestly Storm should have just used the Guardians movie logic: we don't want giant plants wiping out the planet because that in no way benefits us
    I would have liked a "Because it's the right thing to do. But if you need your petty reasons Sinister..." followed by a quick analysis on how Krakoa will fall too if the enemy is allowed to wipe out humanity.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    So, would one need to buy the other Man-Thing issues for all this to make sense? If so I think I'll wait for the trade.
    Yeah, but it is worth it, honestly.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    If people justified using the pesticides, the point is there was an unforeseen consequence. So letting humans die off might sound like a solution, but they don't know what it would actually do that could be worse.
    Doesn’t really work when the cornerstone of Xavier and Magneto’s philosophy* (since Day 0 really) is that the humans are going to die out anyway, and that it’s all about them not making a fuss on the way out vs speeding things up

*not the X-Men’s. Xavier’s always been rather divorced from what he preached

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I agree. You do and it is. Though trade is also a good way to go as it isn't directly changing anything now.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Doesn’t really work when the cornerstone of Xavier and Magneto’s philosophy* (since Day 0 really) is that the humans are going to die out anyway, and that it’s all about them not making a fuss on the way out vs speeding things up

*not the X-Men’s. Xavier’s always been rather divorced from what he preached
    In this context we are talking about something wiping out humanity is a short span of time, not 'eventually'.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Good point. We also know the reason why Magik picked a team of C-listers (because they can empathize with Man-Thing and Ted Sallis more).

But it's still not a good look to the uninformed when the heros have to reason with their villains on why they should do their duty as super heros.

Also i misread a bit of the preview. They are totaly gonna help.

I would have liked a "Because it's the right thing to do. But if you need your petty reasons Sinister..." followed by a quick analysis on how Krakoa will fall too if the enemy is allowed to wipe out humanity.
    Yeah, It's nt so easy as Humans are gone so everything gonna work out for us.

X-men having to find reasons to save the world seems very distopic

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I agree. You do and it is. Though trade is also a good way to go as it isn't directly changing anything now.

Thanks y'all! I'll consider adding it to my pull list.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

If that's the interior art, I'll pick this up (for Illyana too).

Where has this artist been all this time?
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Yeah, It's nt so easy as Humans are gone so everything gonna work out for us.

X-men having to find reasons to save the world seems very distopic
    Exactly! It's like up till maybe this new relaunch of the main title they totally forgot their founding beliefs they've had for decades up til Hickman. Hopefully that doesn't stick around long term and they go back to being heroic again without having to constantly come up with political reasons why they shouldn't let their friends and the planet be killed

I love how Thor's like "I dunno if I can make a global rainstorm..." while Ororo's like, "I motion this meeting adjourned so I can go save the world; clear my schedule. Drinks at the tiki bar later?"
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I love how Thor's like "I dunno if I can make a global rainstorm..." while Ororo's like, "I motion this meeting adjourned so I can go save the world; clear my schedule. Drinks at the tiki bar later?"
    I love this LOL

Where the hell is Jennifer Kale through all of this?
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I wonder if this would end with the Dark Riders sitting in a corner looking "Hey! We helped too." Because while Storm will do that massive earth saving move, they were facing the woman who caused it and (likely) get their butts handed to them while giving Man-Thing some encouragement to finaly take her down (judging by how the previous issues worked).

Just hope they don't get killed, since all the other heros so far seems to have survived these encounters pretty well (mostly because they can't be cheaply cloned back to life).

I don't see how anybody could even debate this. What where they thinking? It would wipe out all humanity and then stop being a threat? Or that mutants would never leave their island for the rest of time.

Choice seems obvious. You can try to stop it while you still have people like Hulk, Thor, Mr. Fantastic, and the rest of the entire world to help you or you can try to stop it later, after it gets more powerful and there's less people to try to stop it.