Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default X-Men Curse of the Man-Thing #1 Preview

https://www.comicsxf.com/2021/04/29/...e-man-thing-1/

I'm glad to see the council at least discussing this. Looks like Storm is going to have a big moment while the Dark Riders take on the big bad and do something even Thor says would be difficult for him. Plus it's interesting to see that Krakoa itself has neutralized the threat to their little corner of the planet, giving them the luxury of discussing whether to help the rest of the world or not.

Last edited by sunofdarkchild; 04-30-2021 at 02:08 AM.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Feel like Storm should have fought a bit harder back against Sinister suggesting letting humanity die than "for the ecosystem"

Also, see how good title fonts can be when they aren't boxed into that ugly as **** hexagon font?

Extraordinary Member

is that Shinobi next to Emma?

Looks like.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Looks like.
    So Storm is going to create a global storm to deal with something........but couldn't stop the Terrigen Clouds.......ok
    That's not a dig at her it's a dig at convenient writing.

Wait, actually, looking at the council makeup...do they actually have the votes do agree to it with the two empty slots?

Extraordinary Member

Wait, actually, looking at the council makeup...do they actually have the votes do agree to it with the two empty slots?
    Jean would have voted in favor and Apocalypse likely against, so it doesn't make that much of a difference. Xavier, Storm, Kurt, Kitty, and Emma are guaranteed to vote in favor. There is no majority against and they need 1 more. I can't see either Shaw voting against even if Sebastian isn't under Emma's control since the Hellfire corp. needs trade with the rest of the world. I could also see Magneto changing his vote if it's just Storm and they're not risking many mutant lives to save humanity.

So looking forward to this. Very happy orlando is at marvel and writing x-stuff. The avengers issue of this was very good. I won't be getting hero's reborn so glad i can support his stuff on the mini.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I mean it's not like they'd be risking mutant lives anyways either way

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    I'm glad to see the council at least discussing this. Looks like Storm is going to have a big moment while the Dark Riders take on the big bad and do something even Thor says would be difficult for him. Plus it's interesting to see that Krakoa itself has neutralized the threat to their little corner of the planet, giving them the luxury of discussing whether to help the rest of the world or not.
    The talk on the council can give the impression that the Dark Riders are more a token effort, than really meant to handle the situation.

Let's consider this whole scene from the perspective of casual non x-men readers who pick this up primarily because they read the previous two parts. The whole world is in massive danger from an enemy even the Avengers can barely handle.
    Meanwhile the X-men are sitting at tables with some of their worst enemies, being in no danger thanks to their magic mutant island and talking high and mighty for or against just letting humanity die with some rather weak metaphor made against.

And who do they entrust to help with the situation? Magik with a bunch of C/D listers, in a team nobody has heared of until this comic.

Though there is a 50/50 chance the later battle scenes around the world will show some X-men having snuck out to help anyway. But still from the preview it's not a good look.

It might have looked better if the Dark Riders got involved before the situation got so out of hand that even the Council was alarmed to it.

Feel like Storm should have fought a bit harder back against Sinister suggesting letting humanity die than "for the ecosystem"
    Wouldn't this kind of metaphor also open her up to a quick counter argument about how humanity is the worst thing to ever happen to the world's eco system? Especialy when she uses the flowers and bees as example, considering that mono-cultures and pesticides have caused a massive death of bee populations.

So yeah, not the best choice of reasoning.
    Last edited by Grunty; 04-29-2021 at 01:50 PM.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    is that Shinobi next to Emma?
    Looks like.
    Considering that one of Shaw's goals was to get Shinobi on the council Isn't it ironic...
    don't you think?
    My flag is bacon.

Honestly Storm should have just used the Guardians movie logic: we don't want giant plants wiping out the planet because that in no way benefits us

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    The talk on the council can give the impression that the Dark Riders are more a token effort, than really meant to handle the situation.

Let's consider this whole scene from the perspective of casual non x-men readers who pick this up primarily because they read the previous two parts. The whole world is in massive danger from an enemy even the Avengers can barely handle.
    Meanwhile the X-men are sitting at tables with some of their worst enemies, being in no danger thanks to their magic mutant island and talking high and mighty for or against just letting humanity die with some rather weak metaphor made against.

And who do they entrust to help with the situation? Magik with a bunch of C/D listers, in a team nobody has heared of until this comic.

Though there is a 50/50 chance the later battle scenes around the world will show some X-men having snuck out to help anyway. But still from the preview it's not a good look.

It might have looked better if the Dark Riders got involved before the situation got so out of hand that even the Council was alarmed to it.

Wouldn't this kind of metaphor also open her up to a quick counter argument about how humanity is the worst thing to ever happen to the world's eco system? Especialy when she uses the flowers and bees as example, considering that mono-cultures and pesticides have caused a massive death of bee populations.

So yeah, not the best choice of reasoning.
    My impression from the way Storm was speaking is that the council didn't send Magik or her team and that Magik is using her authority as a captain to act independently, hence why they're debating what to do despite Magik already being involved.

So, would one need to buy the other Man-Thing issues for all this to make sense? If so I think I'll wait for the trade.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.