Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default If the DC Universe were as ultraviolent as the Invincible Universe, . . .

which heroes could actually survive against Superman-tier characters?

And who'd end up as just another greasy smear?

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I mean....99% would likely be dead? WW/Black Canary/Vixen/Shazam/Starfire/The Flash(es)/GLs could all live to fight another day. But it wouldnt be easy.

BANNED

Most of street levelers would die. If Superman wants to kill a street leveler, it would be over before they know that they have to fight against Superman. Of all street levelers, Batman would have the highest chance of knowing when the fight is coming to him.

So from the pic you posted,

Nightwing, Red Hood, Damian Wayne, Batwoman, Spoiler, Duke Thomas, Huntress, Catwoman, Harley Quinn, Black Canary, Green Arrow, Red Arrow, Jace Fox, Bruce Wayne are off the list in just one day.

Vixen doesnt have the durability to stand against many hits from Supes. I dont know any animal that Beast Boy can transform into that would give him an equal footing with Supes.

Not counting Kryptonian like Kara or part Kryptionian like Jon Kent, WW and Black Adam are the closest to Supes in terms of physicals (strength, speed, durabitlity, etc...)
    Last edited by prepmaster; 04-29-2021 at 11:31 PM.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Generally, the only people left in these Kryptonians gone bad scenarios is that everyone gets taken out except for other Kryptonians and the strongest Green Lanterns and, even then, most of them get wiped out unless they're particularly skillful.

I would also imagine that the more magic-based heavy hitters like Spectre, Doctor Fate, Shazam, and Wonder Woman would also last.

I know you said "Superman-tier" and not Superman himself, but can we please not? I'm sick of WB/DC's bad habit of making Superman go evil in other media and elseworlds. Superman's a hero damn it. You could just list villains on his level of power like Zod or something.

ever since that first Injustice game DC's been all in with evil superman in multimedia
    The J-man

Just thinking about evil Superman gets me depressed.

As for this question, only the street tiers are ever truly in danger. DC just doesn't have a lot of mid-tiers apart from some magicians here and there, maybe guys like Black Lightning and Cyborg (although he varies).

Most characters are either street level or High-tier.

I'll also point out that Invincible takes thing to the opposite end as stuff like DC where Invincible characters Strength >>>> Durability by a huge margin. This is clear whenever any High-tier characters fight (Nolan vs Immortal in the TV show), Mark vs Conquest both times, basically any Viltrumite fights.

For the sake of ultra-violence and gore, characters in the same tier are basically like paper towels to each other. Immortal's punches hurt Omni-Man but somehow the latter can punch right through him. If Nolan's strength was equal to his durability, Immortal would just hurt himself punching him. Mark & Conquest's fights too, both times.

In DC however, I'd say it might even be the opposite where characters durability are far above their punching strength apart from a few outliers (Wonder Woman's dumb piercing durability weakness). If Superman and Martian Manhunter are going punch for punch, no one is going to be punching the others organs out no matter how hard they hit.

Just watch JLD: Apocalypse and you'll have your answer.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Just watch JLD: Apocalypse and you'll have your answer.
    There was one character that should’ve been casualty #1 but as always he survives unscathed.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    There was one character that should’ve been casualty #1 but as always he survives unscathed.
    I wouldn't call being brainwashed into being Darkseid's right-hand bitch surviving unscathed.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    which heroes could actually survive against Superman-tier characters?

And who'd end up as just another greasy smear?
    Remember Black Adam cutting loose in World War III?

Wonder Woman or Shazam is bit scarier than Superman in this type of scenario they are like Omniman. Superman is weak to a "magic" rock. Superman is the easy gauge of things so it is just easier to use him. The invincible scenario is a one Superman figure destabilizing a planet. Omni Man begins by taking out the Global Guardians, So in this scenario it beginning with Supes going up against Justice League with Shazam as stand-in for the Immortal. And that is as far this scenario reaches Martian Manhunter, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern and Shazam beat the living crap out of Superman. That is the difference between Invincible universe and DC. Most of the Justice League are superman tier threats even tho they aren't treated as such all the time. I mean he might get Aquaman, Hawkgirl, and Batman but he isn't taking down the whole league.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Wonder Woman or Shazam is bit scarier than Superman in this type of scenario they are like Omniman. Superman is weak to a "magic" rock. Superman is the easy gauge of things so it is just easier to use him. The invincible scenario is a one Superman figure destabilizing a planet. Omni Man begins by taking out the Global Guardians, So in this scenario it beginning with Supes going up against Justice League with Shazam as stand-in for the Immortal. And that is as far this scenario reaches Martian Manhunter, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern and Shazam beat the living crap out of Superman. That is the difference between Invincible universe and DC. Most of the Justice League are superman tier threats even tho they aren't treated as such all the time. I mean he might get Aquaman, Hawkgirl, and Batman but he isn't taking down the whole league.
    Except, you know, he wouldn't do that because he's a good guy...

Quote Originally Posted by prepmaster View Post
    Vixen doesnt have the durability to stand against many hits from Supes. I dont know any animal that Beast Boy can transform into that would give him an equal footing with Supes.
    If Superman killed Vixen and Animal Man, they could easily resurrect themselves by using the abilities of jellyfish and planarian worms. Vixen, in canon, has resurrected herself by using planarian worms after being killed in an explosion in the most recent "Justice League of America" series written by Steve Orlando a few years ago. I'm thinking Beast Boy might also be able to resurrect himself as well using some type of animal.

They would just keep coming back, like Wolverine.
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 05-01-2021 at 09:07 AM.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    If Superman killed Vixen and Animal Man, they could easily resurrect themselves by using the abilities of jellyfish and planarian worms. Vixen, in canon, has resurrected herself by using planarian worms after being killed in an explosion in the most recent "Justice League of America" series written by Steve Orlando a few years ago. I'm thinking Beast Boy might also be able to resurrect himself as well using some type of animal.

They would just keep coming back, like Wolverine.
    Actually with the planarian worms, shouldn't any severed body parts also grow into other Vixens/Animal Men?