Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Superman is just the benchmark for strength.

Zod and Black Adam also work.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Actually with the planarian worms, shouldn't any severed body parts also grow into other Vixens/Animal Men?
    Yep, I think so! Which would then mean Superman or whoever would have to fight even more Vixens and Animal Men, who could theoretically keep replicating themselves, and each replicant could use different animal abilities against Superman or whoever else they were fighting.
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 05-01-2021 at 10:36 AM.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

She could also channel the power of a cockroach and survive without a head.

The DC Animated Features were Invincible before Invincible (the cartoon) was a thing (even if it still didn't go as far as Invincible did).

The violence in Invincible is much more responsible than the one in the DC movies. You feel the terror and shame in the protagonists. The episode where they fight the kingpin was shocking and painful and at one point during the finale I wanted to stop watching the fight with Omniman.There's nothing exciting about watching a human being suffer.

In DC movies blood is "badass".

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The DC Animated Features were Invincible before Invincible (the cartoon) was a thing (even if it still didn't go as far as Invincible did).
    No, the lower level of violence never left me in fear for the characters or sympathizing with their bodily, mental, or emotional pain.

Though Superman is DC's dog, he's far from Invincible in his own verse. DC as a whole is just stacked full of S tiers. All the prominent JL members apart from Batman and maybe Aquaman are S-tiers when they aren't jobbing.

Then add in their villains. Each of these characters has a slew of S tier villains. Like there's tons of continental or planetary villains just chilling on DC Earth. Just look at Superman's villains at their strongest. Especially the dudes that go punch for punch with him regularly. And then multiply that by the entire JL: WW - we have Circe & Ares there, Firstborn too. Flash - reverse Flash is out there dealing IMPs like candy and time traveling. Martian Manhunter - hoardes of White Martians, his brother, heck that time he was basically a reincarnation of an ancient Martian god of fire so fire wasn't even a weakness. Green Lantern - Do I even need to say anything. There's already 7 Corps, countless allies & villains at this point.

Not to mention all the gods and powerful magicians chilling on Earth.

It's honestly impossible for one person to cause waves in DC Earth unless everyone else gets nerfed or erased from the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    The violence in Invincible is much more responsible than the one in the DC movies. You feel the terror and shame in the protagonists. The episode where they fight the kingpin was shocking and painful and at one point during the finale I wanted to stop watching the fight with Omniman.There's nothing exciting about watching a human being suffer.

In DC movies blood is "badass".
    Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    No, the lower level of violence never left me in fear for the characters or sympathizing with their bodily, mental, or emotional pain.
    I feel like stuff like Batman vs Red Hood, the Doomsday fights, Batman vs. Robin, etc. are in-line with that. At least in my opinion.

DC let Snyder make live action films as close as he could to this and the overall reaction was not great

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Just watch JLD: Apocalypse and you'll have your answer.
    ugh that movie still depresses me
    The J-man

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    If Superman killed Vixen and Animal Man, they could easily resurrect themselves by using the abilities of jellyfish and planarian worms. Vixen, in canon, has resurrected herself by using planarian worms after being killed in an explosion in the most recent "Justice League of America" series written by Steve Orlando a few years ago. I'm thinking Beast Boy might also be able to resurrect himself as well using some type of animal.

They would just keep coming back, like Wolverine.

So he should throw them into the sun

Astonishing Member

Ugh, has anyone actually read the Image comics?

It's literally the same as any other superhero comic book, only more tongue-in-cheek.

There's no reason to believe that anything about the DC Universe would actually be different.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Just watch JLD: Apocalypse and you'll have your answer.
    true people are not happy to see their favorite die and have no chance

its easier with Invincible and The Boys, we dont have the ties to those chracters

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    So he should throw them into the sun
    Maybe Vixen, Animal Man and Beast Boy could mimic Sun Eaters (Animal Man has mimicked the abilities of a Sun Eater before, in canon).

"Several years ago, a Sun-Eater made its way into Earth's solar system and consumed the sun."

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Sun-Eaters
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 05-01-2021 at 09:42 PM.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Except, you know, he wouldn't do that because he's a good guy...
    Except when he is being Evil .

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Ugh, has anyone actually read the Image comics?

It's literally the same as any other superhero comic book, only more tongue-in-cheek.

There's no reason to believe that anything about the DC Universe would actually be different.
    You mean other than Viltrumites being clear a tier higher than every superhero in the universe, And that not being the case in DC where they are people who are on Superman tier or stronger. Invincible is designed to show off one character, DC is design to show off multiple characters. They are very different in execution no character is going to steal Onmiman/Invincible limelight. I only remember Allen Alien and Battlebeast giving the Viltumite boys competitive fights but those were not against any of big characters. The hierarchy is very clear in Invincible.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 05-01-2021 at 11:29 PM.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

I... I posited a long while ago a revised story in which the Guardians of OA actually destroyed krypton because all the future(s) they could see
    resulted in a "viltrumite" style "kryptonian" empire. Another explanation why there are always like 3 to 6 green lanterns on earth. But... that's an aside.

When I saw "Omni-man" murder his justice league the first thing I thought was... "Well damn, would that play out like that, really?" and yeah I realize it really could.

Something I remember from people talking about high level combat in rpgs is that its essentially "Rocket Tag" and "Gotcha" so while we've become accustomed to Batman routinely
    having plans to kill the Justice League and do so successfully xyz times in abc universes.

However, If we're honest any of the Justice League could kill all the others if it was unexpected and they'd prepared properly.

Here's why. Most of them are roughly equals, but MORE IMPORTANTLY they're friends. At least one of them is carrying a weapon that is capable of harming the others,
    and several of them have superspeed.

If one of them wanted to kill all the others it'd be a slaughter, and mostly NOT because of the relative power levels but because of the shock of the killing.

I watched that scene and thought... I've always wanted quicksilver in marvel to have a sword for some reason...

If the flash just snatched Diana's sword that's it. Insta-gibbed team. He can't be mind read and he's "Faster" than the other heroes AND can decelerate the speed of others.

MM can attack everyone from a distance and make them kill each other if he wanted to largely. Its like they all have the chops to do it if they really wanted.

The thing about that is... most of the heroes are "Morals on" always. Moreover, the majority of heroes are rarely operating or being written at their full potential.

The baseline idea of what a character "IS" vs "What they're capable of written at max capacity are VASTLY different things.

Consider the people in this thread talking about Vixen, or Buddy... I've read those comics too but I don't ever think about them in that light... most people would cry foul if
    Animal Man channeled a star eater and killed supes they think of him as having the strength of an Ape or tiger, not the propitiate strength of a cicada or whatever tf is in vogue this week.

Captain Atom can rewrite the whole universe on a quantum scale in cannon and my favorite nor your favorite ain't beating that.

Its not a vs thing at all though. . . Ultimately, the Invicible verse is filled with disposable charaters and a NARRAITIVE that has a beginning middle and end.

Dc can't have this because they properties have to revert to default to keep the heroes young and that's what it is even if a bit dishonest
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.