Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    I like Newt from Aliens about half the time. The other half the time she is super annoying.
    She's mostly tolerable on screen. Mostly.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    She's mostly tolerable on screen. Mostly.
    They should allow people to give a thumbs up for a post. (and yes, I imagined that line in Cartman's voice)

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Amber became this for me in Invincible when she revealed that she knew Mark's identity for months. Looking back at previous episodes now her behavior makes zero sense.
    Not to mention the fact that she seemingly had no idea who Invincible even was during the college attack.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Valentis View Post
    Bran Stark from Game of Thrones
    Honestly, I'd probably put the entire cast for the last couple seasons, but Bran's boring ass would definitely be at the top.
    Maybe not Grey Worm though. I could relate to him (in the sense that were both pissed and just eager for this **** to end so we could leave).

BANNED

Everybody else in Die Hard movies. I detest characters whose only function is to be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Both. "Are you an angel" and "Course, rough and irritating" are both cringe
    As someone who lives in a desert country and had sand and small pebbles enter my shoes a few time I find that sentiment to be quite relatable.

No disrespect intended.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    As someone who lives in a desert country and had sand and small pebbles enter my shoes a few time I find that sentiment to be quite relatable.

No disrespect intended.
    No problem. It was more the delivery, and comparison to the woman he was romantically interested in.

I can't stand the Jack Dalton character from the classic "MacGyver" TV show. Every time I see him in an old episode, I change the channel. His personality just rubs me the wrong way. He was almost always scheming and getting MacGyver in trouble with him.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    For me it was Rom. Barely tolerable in small doses, but then they started having whole episodes with the Ferengi.
    Oh man, I hated the Ferengi episodes because I never found them to be funny or entertaining. I also found the Bajoran and Cardassian-focused episodes to be boring as well.
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 05-01-2021 at 10:10 PM.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Oh man, I hated the Ferengi episodes because I never found them to be funny or entertaining. I also found the Bajoran and Cardassian-focused episodes to be boring as well.
    Gee, that's like 90% of DS9 episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    I like Newt from Aliens about half the time. The other half the time she is super annoying.
    In the deleted scenes included in the special edition when they discover the derelict, her acting isn't so great, but she does the later traumatized Newt pretty well.

She pretty much gave up acting right after.

Regarding the Ferengi episodes, there were a few diamonds in the Rough. "Little Green Men" for example.

About Q, there was a similar character in one original series episode, Trelane, that some of the "Expanded Universe" has retconned as a Q.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 05-02-2021 at 05:28 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I really loved the Ferengi episodes. Little Green men was a classic.

I really hate Raj of Big Bang. he is so damn needy and whiny and insecure and will do anything to get the girl and falls in love with a girl after two words. Worst character on tv. I have never laughed at any scene he was in.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Gee, that's like 90% of DS9 episodes.
    And DS9 had a major inner fanbase in trek and many metrics that shows it is the best Star Trek series.

Extraordinary Member

Instead of a character, I would humbly submit “whoever was Oliver’s designated most important love interest” on Arrow, because it was pretty clear the best thing that happened to Laurel after two seasons was when they gave up trying to make her the love interest (before killing her for no good reason), and the worst thing that happened to Felicity was them making the the designated love interest. Both times, the show would probe themselves inept at all but the most banal romance tropes of the network, often working against what chemistry the actors actually had. They *may* have gotten better with Felicity later - I wouldn’t know, since the combination of killing Laurel for not working out and spending a season screwing up Felicity kind fo drove me away from the show.

I would also say Ben Solo in the Star Wars Sequel Trilogy - not because he was a bad villain as Kylo Ren, but because Rian Johnson and LFL clearly desired to be making a movie trilogy about a male lead played by Adam Driver rather than the female heroine that Lucas had envisions or the male lead Abrams had cast in John Boyega’s Finn. I’m sure if you’re a Kylo fan who doesn’t give a crap about Rey or Finn... or the events of the actual movies where you can slot in head canon instead... then you probably found TLJ an improvement, and were the person they kept on screwing over Rey and Finn for in TROS to try and appeal to. But if you actually watched TFA and enjoyed it for the new characters, then they didn’t want you because you’d, y’know, remember what happened in the previous movie.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

I can't stand the Jack Dalton character from the classic "MacGyver" TV show. Every time I see him in an old episode, I change the channel. His personality just rubs me the wrong way. He was almost always scheming and getting MacGyver in trouble with him.
    You know I didn't dislike him when I would see random episodes on TV but...if I had to watch several Jack episodes back to back, I can see his character becoming grating real fast.