Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    Christmas Jones in The world is not enough, pretty insufferable!
    Bond Girls are almost always fairly blatant running sex gags where these skilled professionals somehow always look like European Supermodels and are always sexually available to Bond and the names of the characters just lampshade the trope.

Xenia Onatopp, Holly Goodhead ...compared to that Christmas Jones is almost subtle but she is the same type of character-the unaccountably hot lady (fill in the blank).

Ultimate Member

Wasn't Xenia supposed to be an insane assassin though?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Wasn't Xenia supposed to be an insane assassin though?
    She was but she was played by the beautiful Femke Jensen and killed people by crushing them with her thighs. So even the bad ass girls fit into the bond girl sex object mode.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Some of the sexuality in the series was toned down in the Dalton era due to the growing AIDS crisis.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    She was but she was played by the beautiful Femke Jensen and killed people by crushing them with her thighs. So even the bad ass girls fit into the bond girl sex object mode.
    Yeah, that's true. Honestly the whole "sexy" thing isn't really something I've ever cared for in Bond movies

Has anyone mentioned Liz from the Blacklist? Thankfully this latest series as seen her on the run and off screen, boy is she annoying. If it wasn't for James Spader and the supporting cast I would have stopped watching long ago.
    Hail Hydra!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by tv horror View Post
    Has anyone mentioned Liz from the Blacklist? Thankfully this latest series as seen her on the run and off screen, boy is she annoying. If it wasn't for James Spader and the supporting cast I would have stopped watching long ago.
    Spader is really the main draw, although I like lennix too

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Spader is really the main draw, although I like lennix too
    I didn't even finish the pilot because I was annoyed with where the story was going maybe I will revisit it again to see what ppl find interesting about it.

Astonishing Member

How is she a supporting character in this instance?

Mighty Member

Annoying supporting characters? Any movie that has precocious child trying to be sugary sweetly cute. Annoying as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    How is she a supporting character in this instance?

She is trying to kill the character of Reddington and is working through others which keeps her off screen.
    Hail Hydra!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Annoying supporting characters? Any movie that has precocious child trying to be sugary sweetly cute. Annoying as hell.
    Most kids in a Godzilla or Gamera movie

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    I can't stand precocious children in movies and tv. They usually come off as obnoxious to me, rather than cute. Macaulay Culkin did a good job in that one scene in "Uncle Buck," but that's it!

Oh, and in honor of "Legends of Tomorrow" returning, Gary is so annoying, and he just gets more and more so because of his meta jokes and internet meme dialogue.

Ultimate Member

Today I nominate;

Ezri Dax, the most annoying non-Ferengi on Deep Space 9.

She's a trained Star Fleet therapist, and her counseling technique is to sit attentively while you describe your issue, and then go 'yeah, that reminds me how I, I, me, me, me, blah-blah my own trivial nonsense with a boy or whatever, and I guess that could somehow relate to you?'

Self-absorbed much? It's like Cordelia Chase on a suicide prevention line, just a disaster waiting to happen. Fired! And by 'fired' I mean 'out an airlock!'

Extraordinary Member

Liz on Blacklist is arguably the exact kind of “fallen protagonist” scenario that occurred naturally compared to the artificial one that Lucasfilm artificially instated on Rey and Finn in the Star Wars Sequel Trilogy.

While Finn got demoted and Rey screwed by LFL just expecting Kylo to be more popular and important, then making that happen with shoddy writing and prejudice, Liz arguably just gets swallowed up by the sheer charisma oozing out of Red on Blacklist.

They genuinely try to maintain her place as the female lead, and earlier on, it was clear they kind of wanted her to maybe even be more the main character than Red... but it just didn’t work, so she’s now a de facto supporting character who can disappear a few times without the fanbase caring as much.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP