Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
    At this point, looking at we are today compared to when I was born (when vinyl records, 3-5 tv channels, and broadcast radio was the height of communications technology), I would not be surprised if we have VR tech by the time we are elderly, another 40-50 years or so. Maybe not like the Matrix, where they are plugging directly into your brain, but more like Ready Player One, where you're able to use like a headset plus gloves or whatever to go into a fully immersive 3-D world. I will be very disappointed if somehow we don't get there...
    What about the VR headsets we have right now, like Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, and Valve Index? Perhaps the games and social platforms available for them aren't 100% immersive quite yet, but for me it's a big source of entertainment and just gaping in awe at the virtual environments people have created already. I love diving into VR.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Like neuralink . I wouldn’t. We can’t trust tech companies with our social media pages( 2016 election)why would we trust them with our brains. Sure it has some benefits, but it might also be the most effective form of mind control ever created.
    Totally depends. If I went blind or deaf, I might get chips to restore my sight or hearing. I have no interest in other things, but the Singularity cannot come fast enough for me.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    At this point I wouldn't. The only thing that might change my mind is if I got something like Alzheimer's or CTE. If I did and the neural device could fix it then I'd have to seriously consider it.
    You got me there. If my marbles were coming out my ears, I'd probably change my mind. However, if I'm already a few stepping stones down the dementia path, the Responsible Parties in my life are probably going to have a beastly time convincing me to go along and might decide I'm not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    At this point I wouldn't. The only thing that might change my mind is if I got something like Alzheimer's or CTE. If I did and the neural device could fix it then I'd have to seriously consider it.
    I doubt that a neural device would be the answer… The best thing is to find a way to prevent it. We are modeling our brains every day with our experience of life.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    What about the VR headsets we have right now, like Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, and Valve Index? Perhaps the games and social platforms available for them aren't 100% immersive quite yet, but for me it's a big source of entertainment and just gaping in awe at the virtual environments people have created already. I love diving into VR.
    I don't have a lot of experience, only got to try out one VR headset once. But yeah, it's impressive how immersive the technology already is, and it was fun. That's why I imagine that given a couple more decades or so, we'll probably be able to go into something like an MMORPG that looks and sounds as real as the room around you ... which should be great for elderly fans of comic books! In real life, I need a walker, but in my favorite game, I am can fly and toss around cars like Superman!

One day!
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine