Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Was neat to see Lady Lotus. I wonder if we will get an update on her daughter.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Fantastic Member

In reading through this thread I came to realize that there are 3 books out now that I thought were all the same thing-The Marvels, Marvel and Marvel's X. Granted, I haven't read any of them yet, but in seeing things posted about them over the last few months, I kind thought it was all the same series. I guess all 3 having Alex Ross covers added to my confusion. These series are all unrelated, right?

Quote Originally Posted by youthoftoday View Post
    In reading through this thread I came to realize that there are 3 books out now that I thought were all the same thing-The Marvels, Marvel and Marvel's X. Granted, I haven't read any of them yet, but in seeing things posted about them over the last few months, I kind thought it was all the same series. I guess all 3 having Alex Ross covers added to my confusion. These series are all unrelated, right?
    Yes. Marvel X was a prequel to Universe X, Paradise X and one other X I can’t think of. This Marvels is different. This I guess is an ongoing. I’m glad it is. Busiek is a legendary writer and so far the first issue was very good. It is setting up what is to come. New characters and it’s time spanning.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Yes. Marvel X was a prequel to Universe X, Paradise X and one other X I can’t think of. This Marvels is different. This I guess is an ongoing. I’m glad it is. Busiek is a legendary writer and so far the first issue was very good. It is setting up what is to come. New characters and it’s time spanning.
    Yeah, that one other X you can't think of would be...

Earth X

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Yeah, that one other X you can't think of would be...

Earth X

Thanks. I read all three. Diaper Hulk sticks out the most. Lol.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by youthoftoday View Post
    I thought the same thing. What is 'Marvel' then? I have zero interest in Marvel X, but I love Busiek's writing, so I'll give 'The Marvels' a shot, but what is this third title about?

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    I thought the same thing. What is 'Marvel' then? I have zero interest in Marvel X, but I love Busiek's writing, so I'll give 'The Marvels' a shot, but what is this third title about?
    Marvel was a mini that was curated by Alex Ross (that's how it was solicited). It was creators telling one off short stories (three or four an issue) that were a little different that what Marvel generally offers. There were a few good stories in there, one or two I didn't like, but most were forgettable. Many of them were not in 616 continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    Marvel was a mini that was curated by Alex Ross (that's how it was solicited). It was creators telling one off short stories (three or four an issue) that were a little different that what Marvel generally offers. There were a few good stories in there, one or two I didn't like, but most were forgettable. Many of them were not in 616 continuity.
    Correct. Sad that none of them take part in 616, for they surely scratch that nostalgic itch (IMHO):

Looks like my overly complicated guess as to who K-Shoom's Uncle T is was completely off the mark. This makes more sense than my convoluted mess.

This issue felt like it had less going on, but I did like the appearance of Powderkeg, whom I've always felt is underused.

Extraordinary Member

Looks like my overly complicated guess as to who K-Shoom's Uncle T is was completely off the mark. This makes more sense than my convoluted mess.

This issue felt like it had less going on, but I did like the appearance of Powderkeg, whom I've always felt is underused.
    Probably because they were not jumping all over the place with the story.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Tinkerer having more family out there . . . that's pretty interesting. As a Spider-Man fan, maybe they can incorporate his Insomniac Games' Spider-Verse counterpart as another relative of his.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I started to ship Kevin and Aero while reading it.

Good issue tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Tinkerer having more family out there . . . that's pretty interesting. As a Spider-Man fan, maybe they can incorporate his Insomniac Games' Spider-Verse counterpart as another relative of his.
    Is Rick Mason still around? And too bad the The Mason was just a disguise. I liked the idea of Tinkerer having a brother that was the opposite in almost all respects.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Probably because they were not jumping all over the place with the story.
    Also because it's 20 pages long, and issue 1 was 30 pages, I'd guess.

kdb
    Visit www.busiek.com—for all your Busiek needs!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Busiek View Post
    Also because it's 20 pages long, and issue 1 was 30 pages, I'd guess.

kdb
    I didn't notice... but I also don't want you to think that I was complaining. It was still a great book and I can't wait to see where it's going.