Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default "Lost" weapons of 616....

Had some thoughts floating around...posted a couple of these a little bit ago in the Cap thread...but what unused weapons are floating around 616?

Not something that can be assumed to still be with an owner...for example the Thunderstrike mace can be assumed to still be with Kevin Masterson....

But stuff that is currently not shown to be possessed.

1. The adamantium shield that Tony made to bribe Steve during the armor war.

2. Stevil Rogers's triangular shield

3. Thor Girl's hammer. She dropped it upon becoming the Designate and no one appeared to pick it up.

4. Khn'nr's Nega Bands. The Skrull Captain Marvel leading up to and during Secret Invasion who died.

What else is just 'floating around' out there waiting for someone to pick up and use??

The Wakandan shield first given to Captain America, then U.S. Agent began using it...
    Last edited by K7P5V; 04-30-2021 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Had some thoughts floating around...posted a couple of these a little bit ago in the Cap thread...but what unused weapons are floating around 616?

Not something that can be assumed to still be with an owner...for example the Thunderstrike mace can be assumed to still be with Kevin Masterson....

But stuff that is currently not shown to be possessed.

2. Stevil Rogers's triangular shield

3. Thor Girl's hammer. She dropped it upon becoming the Designate and no one appeared to pick it up.

4. Khn'nr's Nega Bands. The Skrull Captain Marvel leading up to and during Secret Invasion who died.

What else is just 'floating around' out there waiting for someone to pick up and use??
    Isn't Quasar also powered by Nega Bands? If there's a spare set that could explain how Wendell can be active at the same time as Avril - they're both on the new Guardians of the Galaxy team.

Hydra Steve's shield was destroyed.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    [center]The Wakandan shield first given to Captain America, then U.S. Agent began using it...
    I wasn't sure what the story on that on is...After he threw it in the lake (you now the extremely rare and expensive meta) it wound up somehow in Rick Jones's possession and then in an Agents of Shield comic, and with the current US Agent series I am not sure if it is this one or the alternate universe Cap shield as the government claimed it as their property.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Isn't Quasar also powered by Nega Bands? If there's a spare set that could explain how Wendell can be active at the same time as Avril - they're both on the new Guardians of the Galaxy team.

Hydra Steve's shield was destroyed.
    Quasar uses Quantum Bands.

What issue was that shield destroyed in? I don't seem to recall it.

Cosmic Ring (Freedom Ring) last seen with a disappearing Crusader.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

There is a second Ebony Blade which was brought over from an Alternate Universe by Proctor, who was that universe's Dane Whitman and he was totally nuts and was traveling to different universes to kill the Sersi of that universe. After Proctor was killed in the 616 universe, the Avengers took custody of the blade and then later Crystal of the Inhumans got a hold of it and I don't think that it has been seen since.

Fantastic Four’s Stealth Hawk.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Did that not go to US Agent after Steve became Cap again? I read all that Captain America stuff maybe six months ago but, for some reason, it's all fuzzy.

Quote Originally Posted by pinoypanzer View Post
    There is a second Ebony Blade which was brought over from an Alternate Universe by Proctor, who was that universe's Dane Whitman and he was totally nuts and was traveling to different universes to kill the Sersi of that universe. After Proctor was killed in the 616 universe, the Avengers took custody of the blade and then later Crystal of the Inhumans got a hold of it and I don't think that it has been seen since.
    Could this explain the Ebony Blade/Black Knight discrepancy with the Who is the Black Panther story by Reginald Hudlin? Or is that unnecessary because there was one ebony blade but just a different Black Knight than Dane Whitman. I know later Brian Braddock asked T'Challa to return the blade so I guess it was the same one, but there was some careless continuity there so I'm not certain.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

What issue was that shield destroyed in? I don't seem to recall it.
    Last issue of Secret Empire, I think.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Did that not go to US Agent after Steve became Cap again? I read all that Captain America stuff maybe six months ago but, for some reason, it's all fuzzy.
    That was the vibranium one that was mentioned above. The government traded all rights and ownership to the name, costume and shield in exchange for them getting to use his black suit and shield for US Agent.

The adamantium one was the shiny one was given, used by Steve against Tony in the Vault and then to help recapture some escapees, then given back to Tony right after.
    AdamantiumShield.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Last issue of Secret Empire, I think.
    I was just scrolling thru the last few issues of that and did not see...not saying you are wrong it was destroyed..just that I don't recall it.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 05-01-2021 at 09:30 AM.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pinoypanzer View Post
    I thought Bloodwraith still had that one. I have not read a lot in recent years but last I saw him he was imprisoned in the ruins of that small country Slorenia by the Scarlet Witch after he slaughtered every living soul that lived there.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I thought Bloodwraith still had that one. I have not read a lot in recent years but last I saw him he was imprisoned in the ruins of that small country Slorenia by the Scarlet Witch after he slaughtered every living soul that lived there.

Minor correction.

Ultron slaughtered the country, Bloodwraith later visited and his ebony blade absorbed all the souls. Scarlet Witch later trapped him in the country

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Minor correction.

Ultron slaughtered the country, Bloodwraith later visited and his ebony blade absorbed all the souls. Scarlet Witch later trapped him in the country
    Ah you are right. I forgot it was Ultron who killed everyone. I just remembered Bloodwraith absorbing all their souls making him very powerful which was why the Avengers had no choice but to just trap him instead of defeating him and taking the sword away.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Granted, not all of these are weapons, but here are some items that interested me and I've used in some of my amateur stories:

1. Cape of Mercury. Grants the power of flight, presumably at great speeds as it originally belonged to the god, Mercury/Hermes. The cape was probably lost and forgotten in the Golden Age.

2. Chariot of Time. It's actually a charm of sorts that allows wielders to traverse time.

3. The Demonica hand cannons. Cursed pistols that inevitably consume the soul of their wielder, thus ensuring that ownership always changes hands. In my fanfic, Misty Knight came into possession of these weapons through no fault of her own. By day she was fine. But at night, the curse turned her into a blood-lusted, vengeance seeking, gun toting, soul drinking succubus. Kind of a mash-up of Vampirella, Satana and Witchblade. Dare to take a walk down the dark side?

4. Crown of Hathor. An ancient Egyptian headpiece that was linked to the now destroyed Spirit Gem of Nephrus, which granted godlike powers. The Crown bestowed powerful magics in its own right.

5. Orb of Ra. The name is a bit misleading as this powerful mystical orb was created using the eye of the Egyptian goddess Hathor. At one time the orb was in the mummy's possession, but it's not clear if N'Kantu still has it.

6. Crown of Wolves, Crown of Tentacles, Crown of Thorns (which may or may not be the Serpent Crown of Mars). Last I recall these powerful items were hidden away in the Microverse. I suspect it's just a matter of time before they turn up again.

7. Dreamstones. Powerful magical devices used by Dark Elves to grant mortal wishes. While not necessarily weapons per se, someone who possesses a Dreamstone could easily wish for a weapon and other implements of destruction using a Dreamstone. As with most Dark magic items, fulfilling someone's desire comes at a cost.

8. Force Field Glove. This one is a little trickier, because I believe it was destroyed. However, this device was created by Dr. Doom. It's very likely that he can create several force field gloves using his science and sorcery.

9. Gauntlet of Shuma Gorath. Supposedly the villainous Crossbones expended all of its mystical power fighting Luke Cage. But if this device truly is linked to Shuma Gorath, one of the most powerful beings in all of existence, I fail to see how it could be completely spent after a brief tussle with Luke. I'm betting there's more to this device, like perhaps the gauntlets only being as powerful as the will of the person who wields them. Or something like that.

10. Gem of Infinite Suns. Thor got it from Odin to deal with Malekith and the wintry effects of the Cask of Ancient Winters, but I don't recall what became of it after that. Perhaps it's laying around Asgard somewhere gathering dust? As its name indicates, this is an extremely powerful talisman.

11. Philosopher's Stone. Powerful item capable of transmuting elements. Not sure what became of it after Diablo had it.

12. Shadow Cloaks. If memory serves, there are potentially a good number of these magical teleportation cloaks running around. The one used by Devil Slayer is probably the most prominent one.

13. Justiciar. A sword powerful enough to kill Zarathos, which at one point it did. Last check, it remained in the corpse of Zarathos. That said, Zarathos isn't really dead, so it makes you wonder where Justiciar is presently.

14. Staff of Polar Power. A potentially cosmic tier powerful staff that can absorb unlimited quantities of Dark magic. As with most mystical artifacts, Dr. Strange probably has it locked away in a vault, but I can't say for certain. What I do know is that pesky weapons like this have a way of turning up where you least expect them...and usually in the wrong hands.

15. The World Heart Talisman. Yet another artifact of unknown magical potential that was once in Dr. Strange's care. He was forced to trade it away, though, given his dire circumstance at the time. Part of me wonders if there is any link between the World Heart Talisman and Yggsdrasil the World Tree. If so, in the right/wrong hands World Heart could be one of the more powerful mystical artifacts in the universe.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

That was the vibranium one that was mentioned above. The government traded all rights and ownership to the name, costume and shield in exchange for them getting to use his black suit and shield for US Agent.
    Where did the vibranium one come from?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?