Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Batman #108 Preview

Batman #108 Preview
    Writer: James Tynion IV
    Artist: Jorge Jimenez
    Backup Artist: Ricardo López Ortiz

"Simon Saint" reminds me of "Simon Stagg."

Is the "her" Batman is talking about supposed to be Molly?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Are you kidding me he just sticks out like a sore straw in broad daylight... I hope that's a fear gas hallucination... or a warning doll

Okay yeah I think it's a doll. I only see branches, not needles and it looks propped.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 05-01-2021 at 02:59 PM.

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/batman...e-molly-gotham

New interview with Tynion IV about this week's issue.

BANNED

Batfam is not X Men. Batfam is not fighting against another group of people with their own unique powers/skillset but rather generic no name thugs.
    Last edited by prepmaster; 05-03-2021 at 08:27 AM.

Jimenez just does nothing for me artwise.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Incredible Member

Does Tynion have a different contract with DC than other creators with regards to new IP? I mean, the dude is just creating soooooo many new characters, and with Batman constantly getting rebooted in film, I'm sure he's hoping some of these creations make it into the new films. Maybe Pattinson Batman will battle the Unsanity Collective and Miracle Molly in his third film!

Incredible Member

BTW, Miracle Molly is a decent character with decently interesting things to say, but I hate how Tynion and apparently Batman editorial believe Bruce is ignorant of how the world really works. Bruce has never respected the rich crowd, and he only hobnobs with them occasionally to keep up his playboy billionaire appearances; it's basically how he's been written for forever now. For someone with Tynion's politics, it's probably his wet dream to have a young, attractive purple-haired girl lecture Batman (old, rich, white guy) about the system, as if Batman isn't fully aware of how corrupt the rich can be and how unfair it is for people who don't have much.

Choose another character to do this with. Not Batman. It doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    Does Tynion have a different contract with DC than other creators with regards to new IP? I mean, the dude is just creating soooooo many new characters, and with Batman constantly getting rebooted in film, I'm sure he's hoping some of these creations make it into the new films. Maybe Pattinson Batman will battle the Unsanity Collective and Miracle Molly in his third film!
    isnt that how writers set up money for themselves if the character gains enough traction
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    isnt that how writers set up money for themselves if the character gains enough traction
    Only if they own the character. As far as I know, Tynion is work-for-hire, meaning DC gets to own anything he creates. Which is why I asked the question of whether his contract is different.

What you're saying would be true for any Tynion creations with Image.

Amazing Member

I never thought about how it is with new characters and stuff, but i assume it isnt that different contract wise.
    Isnt it the same case for every new writer, that they want to create their own iconic Character for the Batman universe?
    Someone that in the years will be used by many others and all that?

BTW, Miracle Molly is a decent character with decently interesting things to say, but I hate how Tynion and apparently Batman editorial believe Bruce is ignorant of how the world really works. Bruce has never respected the rich crowd, and he only hobnobs with them occasionally to keep up his playboy billionaire appearances; it's basically how he's been written for forever now. For someone with Tynion's politics, it's probably his wet dream to have a young, attractive purple-haired girl lecture Batman (old, rich, white guy) about the system, as if Batman isn't fully aware of how corrupt the rich can be and how unfair it is for people who don't have much.

Choose another character to do this with. Not Batman. It doesn't make sense.
    Loving Molly so far, was a really cool character and i in general like the whole Technology stuff that is currently going on...especially since the tables have been turned a bit and Batman is the guy who cant rely on his high tech gadgets that much.
    But yeah, that part i found a bit wonky too.

I hate how the Bruce aspect is so often used in the wrong way.
    Sure Bruce at the moment isnt able to use his Billions, but acting like has no clue about the whole structure of Gotham, is kind of a weak attempt in storytelling imo.
    The man knows how it goes from top to bottom, he knows how the city treats its poor people, he knows about the corruption and filthy of the rich.
    I wish we would get a bit more of this kind of stuff, there is so much more to Batman, you have so many things you can tackle.

Anway...really liked the Issue and Jimènez art is so beautiful to me.
    And im loving the arc so far and how they handle Scarecrow.

Alright so is the implication that Mahoney comes from a line of corrupt cops?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    More that his dad let himself be bribed because it's Gotham and got expelled and the son paid for the sins of the father. But largely, I'm under the impression that Sean will be erased to become Peacekeeper 01. He seemed to be genuinely a good guy in IF#0 after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    More that his dad let himself be bribed because it's Gotham and got expelled and the son paid for the sins of the father. But largely, I'm under the impression that Sean will be erased to become Peacekeeper 01. He seemed to be genuinely a good guy in IF#0 after all.
    Yeah he was a good guy who helped save a lot of people but it was that talk at the beginning that Saint had to rewrite his past even if it was because his files burned in a fire and of course that Gordon turned him down from the force. Now I know he’s talking about his Father but I feel that given how we know Gordon that speaks a little bit to Mahoney.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Batman goes Blade Runner or Cyberpunk. I prefer it to the Joker War. It feels more like new territory to me while Joker War just felt more like "been there done that".

The Ghost-maker backup is alright but not really grabbing me.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Or atleast his dad was. Sean's view reminded me of Mike from better call Saul. He was a corrupt cop in order to get his friends on his side.

Sean gave me Mentallo vibes.

Tamaki and Mora's run on Detective Comics gave me that vibe too.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 05-04-2021 at 05:57 PM.