Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I just see it more simple. I agree 100% someone shouldn’t spend hard earned money on something they don’t like. I just also don’t see why steal it either.

Artists put their heart and soul into their work. I just believe in purchasing their product if it interests me. And if it doesn’t interest me I don’t purchase it.

I never think someone should spend hard earned money on something they don’t like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Spend your money, pirate it, burrow it from a friend...I don't care.
    Just don't come on-line and try to make everyone else miserable and disagreeable because you can't kick a bad habit that's ruining your well-being. No one is forcing you to read what you think is garbage.
    Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I think a lot of fans forget that there are living, breathing, and feeling human beings behind these pieces of art and it makes me sad when they go so hard to criticize them whilst not truly understanding how much work it takes to produce said piece of art.

I think a little kindness goes a long way, I mean it breaks my heart that prominent creators are now basically recluses because of toxic fandom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Agreed I think it´s fair to talk about what you don´t like about a story but doing that every week and month seems like a loss of everybodys time and it keeps people who are actually enjoying the story from talking and enjoying them.
    I throw my arms up in full praise and agreement to all of the above.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I always wondered this same question about folks who complain about Wolverine. I only read Wolverine related titles and the only time I speak negative about the current stuff is when it involves said titles with Wolverine in them. You won't find me talking negative about titles like New Mutants, Hellion, X-Factor, or whatever book Logan is absent from because those books just aren't on my radar. I personally haven't spent a dime on a Marvel comic well over a decade now and yes I do use many of those pirate sites(all 20 something of 'em and youtube) to stay up to date on the books I enjoy. Even with "free" access, I can't even be bothered with titles I have no interest in.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I wonder if part of it has to do with us all knowing that even a run we hate is the equivalent of a temporary rough patch. Because thinking on it, comics are the only medium where I wouldn't just punt something I wasn't enjoying on some level just for the sake of seeing what happens. I've dropped books mid-series, walked out of movies, closed out games and never played them again, etc. but with those, there's also no expectation that it's ever going to become any more to my taste. With company-owned comics, though, it's often likely that things will change up again relatively soon, possibly in six issues or less.
    This is very true, next run can be someone taste while the current isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    I'm with you. After Death of X, the X-men had reached a completely unreadable level for me and I didn't bother with Rosenberg era. I just skimmed the main titles to keep up with what was going on.

I also fundamentally do not understand people who keep buying issues of run or titles they don't like for the sake of being a "completionist". Everyone is entitled to spend their money whoever they want, but logically it makes no sense whatsoever. Why keep buying something you don't like? You're literally keeping the plug on something you hate.
    Exactly! I hated certain directions the X-Books went in, and I stop spending my money toward the books. I walked away and came back once my interest was peaked. Throwing money at something you hate makes no sense to me.

Marvel: Oh you hate how the books are going? And you're still giving us money? Thanks, you rube!

Yep. Hickman is directing it is why he gets my blame.

I was not a fan of the past couple of runs. I stopped reading it then. There was no bitterness in me i just decided to do something else with my time. Hickman brought me back and i have not been more excited to read xmen since i was a kid in the early 90’s reading xmen 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    Marvel: Oh you hate how the books are going? And you're still giving us money? Thanks, you rube!
    It’s why Hickman used the X-men and didn’t make a truly personal creation called “The Mutants”. He capitalized on works made by others and on the attachment the readers felt to their beloved characters while picking what interested him and getting rid of the rest.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Cane_danko View Post
    I was not a fan of the past couple of runs. I stopped reading it then. There was no bitterness in me i just decided to do something else with my time. Hickman brought me back and i have not been more excited to read xmen since i was a kid in the early 90’s reading xmen 1.
    Welcome back to the fold.
    I took a long break in 2004 for almost 10 years ("the lost decade") and trudged through the last few runs until Krakoa saved me.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    It’s why Hickman used the X-men and didn’t make a truly personal creation called “The Mutants”. He capitalized on works made by others and on the attachment the readers felt to their beloved characters while picking what interested him and getting rid of the rest.
    Except that is not what he did at all. You’re totally wrong in this assessment. I’m sorry to say.

Except that is not what he did at all. You’re totally wrong in this assessment. I’m sorry to say.
    Not totally, I mean, that's what every writer does these days, we all know it. We're lucky if a new creative team actually bothers to build on previous storylines instead of starting over - what Hickman has done is the ultimate soft reboot.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Not totally, I mean, that's what every writer does these days, we all know it. We're lucky if a new creative team actually bothers to build on previous storylines instead of starting over - what Hickman has done is the ultimate soft reboot.
    Whatever dude.

Whatever dude.
    I'm not joking or trolling or being sarcastic or facetious. Here's an olive branch: Rosenberg also had a soft reboot - unlike him though, Hickman is building something.

I think there needs to be understanding that there are some fans who feel that the X-Men have lost some important elements and that those feelings don't make them vitriolic or toxic or anything like that. Maybe some of those fans could better express themselves, I'll admit.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Incredible Member

I think there needs to be understanding that there are some fans who feel that the X-Men have lost some important elements.
    Looks to me, from Way Of X that Nightcrawler thinks that. I think Wolverine has thought some of that for some time. Then there's Mystique.

It might well be moving more slowly than some people want it to, and part of that is because of the events (or crossovers, whatever you want to call them), but I think we're starting to get to the point now.

There's been a strange undercurrent right since the first few panels of this new era and that's finally starting to get some exploration. I'm happy to see it moving slowly as long as I can see the movement.

Ultimate Member

Yeah, I like what Hickman's cooking, but I can see that stuff has changed to suit his narrative. Krakoa is no longer the product of '50's atomic testing. Cerebro now records the actual mind and memories of everyone it scans (Yowza!). Moira's a mutant. Goldballs 'goldballs' are now organic eggs. All sorts of mutants can combine their powers to create all sorts of odd effects that go light-years past 'Colossus chucks Wolverine at someone's face.' Apocalypse had a wife and kids a couple thousand years ago, and they, and other mutants like the White Sword, are also immortal, and conveniently, every single one of them has survived millenia of lethal conflict to come back in the exact same clothes they left in. (Ahem)

I'm okay with most of this (the mutant technology thing and unnecessary change to Goldballs power least of them). It's been a good story, and I enjoy both the world-building and getting to see so many characters that I haven't seen in ages, like Frenzy and Taki and Peepers.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    Looks to me, from Way Of X that Nightcrawler thinks that. I think Wolverine has thought some of that for some time. Then there's Mystique.

It might well be moving more slowly than some people want it to, and part of that is because of the events (or crossovers, whatever you want to call them), but I think we're starting to get to the point now.

There's been a strange undercurrent right since the first few panels of this new era and that's finally starting to get some exploration. I'm happy to see it moving slowly as long as I can see the movement.
    Well, I meant understanding from the fandom, but yeah, I see your point. Still, WoX should've released sooner, and it shouldn't have taken nearly two years to get the ball rolling again.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.