Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Wolverine 12 synopsis review

Open up fighting vampire priest traitor, wants Louise to hand over logans. Logan stake him

Cut to omega red and dr helping vampire. Dr trying to save student from vampire curse. Omega makes a plan

Louise gets vampire hunting gear from forge.Goes to meet x force

Omega is there and beast comes up with a 'ethical' plan. Make a brain dead clone of logan, tamper with its blood, give to vampires; blood is poison and kills them. Logan dosent like it. Beast wonders why ? Its not like logan was cloned and he and his clones were expermented upon to become weapons for a crazy scientists.

Plan works many vampires dead Dracula escapes

Logans and Louise goes to other world, meets death(the 1st horseman not the other death's). The vampire of sevalith he rules over aren't defined by hunger and view Dracula breeds as a insult. Death agrees to bring death to the vampire of Dracula.(probably going to betry logan when death goes after louise)

Liked seeing x of swords contribure.
    Last edited by Dthirds3; 05-19-2021 at 10:21 AM.

BANNED

I guess it makes sense of why Solem appears in the next issue after Hellfire Gala.

BANNED

Whatever happened to Logan's ability to "rage" heat his claws white-hot?
    Last edited by Micabe; 05-19-2021 at 04:00 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Whatever happened to Logan's ability to rage heat his claws white claws?
    From what i gathered most readers (or at least those voicing their opinion widely on the internet) didn't like it and it seems following writers either agreed with them or couldn't find much use for it, so it was quitely ignored out of existence. Just like some other "upgrades" to characters which weren't popular.

Also i guess that prevents people from claiming he stole the trick from Spyke.

I liked this issue, it was definitely a bit rushed but I thought it closed the arc effectively. The last page was great and actually got me excited for when this comes up after the gala.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Wolverine: being a vampire doesn't automatically make you a monster!

Also Wolverine: whines about Beast trying to do another genocide, but goes along with it anyway. Mass poisoning disguised as aid, ho!

Also also Wolverine: Let's start a race war between vampires!

I am so confused.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Also Wolverine: whines about Beast trying to do another genocide, but goes along with it anyway. Mass poisoning disguised as aid, ho!
    Hate to break it to you, but vampires aren't alive. You can't really genocide them.

Astonishing Member

I am so confused.
    Look he was mind wiped and controlled alot he's not exactly the picture of mental health. Hell all the wolverine family members could use alot of therapy

Spectacular Member

Maybe some people think Wolverine should stay out of it, he should just call the Avengers and let them start a race war with the vampires. And Krakoa can come out and denounce the inhumane slaughter of vampires by humans, claiming that vampires kill to survive and that humans violate the freedom of vampires...
    Last edited by PotniaTheron; 05-19-2021 at 07:09 PM.

Astonishing Member

Did they just retcon pretty much all of Marvel vampire lore to show off how much cooler the X-books takes are?

BANNED

Thank god this arc is over. This book is a slug to get through storywise.

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    Hate to break it to you, but vampires aren't alive. You can't really genocide them.
    Hadn’t Jubilee been a vampire during a while? Would it be ok to “kill” her?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

This was a lot of fun, seeing Logan travel, bond with non-mutants, build upon his dynamic with Omega Red to an extent, and take out a vampire squad, was very cool to read.

I also love the subtle look at the differences (and similarities) between vampires and mutants, rebirth considered.

Astonishing Member

So are we retconning Varnae and the Darkhold out in favor of Dracula being some hillbilly knock off of Selavith?

I am so confused.
    Seems like it is better not trust moral judgement from Wolverine

Wonder how this will fit Blade ongoing story with vampires on Avengers books